Formula One a two-way race between and within McLaren and Ferrari

Jun 11, 2007 Full story: 900 CHML AM 11

“Here, it may be that someone is in difficulty. "It looks like Ferrari and McLaren are quicker than us. but in Monaco, we were at the same level as Ferrari.”

It was supposed to be Fernando Alonso and Kimi Raikkonen battling for the Formula One title in 2007, but much of the talk has been about their teammates. via 900 CHML AM

Full Story
KCd

Portsmouth, UK

#1 Jun 15, 2007
Yes, both Massa and Hamilton have had much much much more driving practice with those cars than their more talented teammates.
Vijay

Chennai, India

#2 Jun 16, 2007
Yes you are right

Since: Jun 07

Ahmedabad India

#3 Jun 16, 2007
both teammates are looking better then alonso and kimi why ? because Massa is alreay in ferrari's cockpit since long. and lewis was not used to F1 pit specially on F1 session traacks. so each time he is driving like a new lesson and he is trying to learn as hard as he can now the problem for kimi and alonso, both has changed team. and specially in terms of TYRE they are driving a car on completly new tyre technology they are struglling to find a perfect grip. once they will, they will disappear from starting grid at the start.

“"McLaren in my soul"”

Since: Apr 07

Worcester, U.K

#4 Jun 17, 2007
By the time that happens it will be too late cos the championship will be won! Adaptation shouldn't take so long, evolution is FAST in F1.

“"McLaren in my soul"”

Since: Apr 07

Worcester, U.K

#6 Jun 17, 2007
Yes Noel, Lewis has saved this sport from the duldrums & made it more alive to more ppl than ever before.
Jago

Montréal, Canada

#7 Jun 18, 2007
Noel wrote:
No excuses. I think i'm gonna lose my money. It seems this year is just not kimi's year. Bravo to Macca and their drivers. I don't understand why was it so hard for Kimi to show his true potential? For GOd sake, he was more determined when he was in Macca, even if we compare to his worst season with them, 2006. But the hell, i just like this guy, hope he's doing better.
Lewis....you save me again.........
Dont worry i like him too !! And there's only 2 question: Does he lost some passion ? Or is he just not well fit in to Ferrari and he need time to addapte ? Cause you know the way he race before is not the same way that he race right now . There's must be a reason to those things. Comon after what he does from the past ,he cant be failed down like that without no reason . But he have improve this weeken , he getting close to Massa and had set the fastest lap ,but he kind a use to have a bad start. He must improve on that thing too .
hippy

London, UK

#8 Jun 18, 2007
KCd wrote:
Yes, both Massa and Hamilton have had much much much more driving practice with those cars than their more talented teammates.
Massa yes,Hamilton?He has not had many more hours than Alonso,who in turn has really not had that much more time than Kimi!Hamilton on the other hand had never driven a formula one car before,let alone use tyres as an excuse,and is making most of the grid look some what mediocre...
Vijay

Chennai, India

#9 Jun 20, 2007
In my opinion as I have told you earlier itself, Hamilton is a fantastic driver. I dont think Alonso will win against him anymore. Kimi needs to get used to the car atleast for 2008 or else Massa and Lewis will start fighting for the championship leaving behind these two guys.
Jago

Montréal, Canada

#10 Jun 20, 2007
Vijay wrote:
In my opinion as I have told you earlier itself, Hamilton is a fantastic driver. I dont think Alonso will win against him anymore. Kimi needs to get used to the car atleast for 2008 or else Massa and Lewis will start fighting for the championship leaving behind these two guys.
About Kimi, i think he get in to the wrong team, cause there's rumours that Ferrari might split up with Kimi at the end of this season . Cause they give him big salary ,so they expected a faster result and Kimi had made a mistak at monaco that sost alot and in most of the race ,he used to start pourly and cant catch it up, so it doesnt help . For me i think he dont fit well to the car and not only to the car ,to Ferrari's familly team too, cause Michael are always still around and Kimi are too distant to the team and dont talk much .So they dont fit together really well !!! Lets hope that he can change their mind for the rest of the season!!
redneck Bob from Atlanta

Lawrenceville, GA

#11 Jun 23, 2007
Guys stop making excuses, remember Lewis has just won the last two races, on tracks he has never been on before. Maybe he knows the car, but has absolutely no idea how the track races, and a simulator is not the same. Alonso and Kimi have been there before, as has Massa, so what advantage Lewis might have on knowing the car, is nulified by the experience Alonso has of having raced these tracks before. The result, Lewis's achievements are all the more impressive.
Vijay

Chennai, India

#12 Jun 25, 2007
Jago wrote:
<quoted text> About Kimi, i think he get in to the wrong team, cause there's rumours that Ferrari might split up with Kimi at the end of this season . Cause they give him big salary ,so they expected a faster result and Kimi had made a mistak at monaco that sost alot and in most of the race ,he used to start pourly and cant catch it up, so it doesnt help . For me i think he dont fit well to the car and not only to the car ,to Ferrari's familly team too, cause Michael are always still around and Kimi are too distant to the team and dont talk much .So they dont fit together really well !!! Lets hope that he can change their mind for the rest of the season!!
Ferrari is not going to split up with kimi bcos they know that they cant judge a person with one season. When he won in Australia, they would have thought, "Where the hell on earth was he all these days ?" So, it is all a few results that make the difference. Raikkonen will turn it back and he can.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nick Heidfeld Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heidfeld out of Renault running as he accepts M... (Jan '10) Apr '12 au pair 2
Valencia: BMW F1 Test Recap - Kubica Drives the... (Jan '08) Apr '11 albert 13
How Malaysians have taken Formula One to their ... (Mar '08) Apr '11 danny 55
Was Raikkonen rather than Heidfeld Pirelli's fi... (Aug '10) Aug '10 pats 2
F1: Sato in running for Renault seat - report (Jan '10) Jan '10 Frank Baesler 2
Hamilton also ready to leave F1 (Jun '09) Jun '09 anton 59
Ask the Expert - BMW Sauber's Robert Kubica (Apr '09) Apr '09 BMW alternator help 1
More from around the web