Dominant Hamilton revels in 'best' win

Dominant Hamilton revels in 'best' win

There are 28 comments on the sport.scotsman.com story from Mar 16, 2008, titled Dominant Hamilton revels in 'best' win. In it, sport.scotsman.com reports that:

LEWIS Hamilton believes his Australian Grand Prix triumph is the best of his five Formula 1 wins so far.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at sport.scotsman.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 07

Morris, IL

#1 Mar 16, 2008
I think I'll jump on the Hamilton bandwagon is there one?

“Nothing Nice”

Since: Mar 08

Why?

#2 Mar 16, 2008
Typical someone picks a name out of the air and decides that's the way to go.
Chris

Lancaster, UK

#3 Mar 17, 2008
Funny how all the loud mouths seem to have dissapears in to the distance with a dominant performance from lewis, nice to see kimi bottling it under pressure, seems the ice may have melted!!! HA HA HA HA

Since: Aug 07

Morris, IL

#4 Mar 17, 2008
Why not now wrote:
Typical someone picks a name out of the air and decides that's the way to go.
Yeah I don't watch F-1 much so I don't know who to pick. What I do know is what I read and he's going to kick butt this year. He also has some jerks being racist against him so I picked a good one. I like the underdog. Other then that blah blah blah.

“I only know I know nothing”

Since: Jun 07

Ottawa

#5 Mar 17, 2008
The Australian GP was one for us Ferrari fans to forget and learn from mistakes. Hamilton drove excellently well and deserved the victory. Congratulations to him.
When a driver has to push hard from the onset and without TC, mistakes will be punished. Massa selected the wrong gear out of turn 1 or 2 and paid the price. Kimi got it wrong twice but could still continue until his engine gave up. He admitted he was at fault for going off the track. Heikki admitted to making the mistake of pressing the wrong button, which allowed Alonso to finish 4th. I mean, drivers will make mistakes. Like it or not. Hamilton made some mistakes last year. It seems rather early to talk about domination.
It was an exciting race.
FORZA FERRARI!
DREAM NOCKER

Gatineau, Canada

#6 Mar 17, 2008
Da nugget of doom wrote:
The Australian GP was one for us Ferrari fans to forget and learn from mistakes. Hamilton drove excellently well and deserved the victory. Congratulations to him.
When a driver has to push hard from the onset and without TC, mistakes will be punished. Massa selected the wrong gear out of turn 1 or 2 and paid the price. Kimi got it wrong twice but could still continue until his engine gave up. He admitted he was at fault for going off the track. Heikki admitted to making the mistake of pressing the wrong button, which allowed Alonso to finish 4th. I mean, drivers will make mistakes. Like it or not. Hamilton made some mistakes last year. It seems rather early to talk about domination.
It was an exciting race.
FORZA FERRARI!
Well said my friend , im Kimi's fan , and im very disapointed about Kimi did this weeken ,and im not afraid to amitted . But im not gonna stop being his fan or count him out , the season is long ,everybody make mistake sometime and specialy when you really want to be in front and you have to push it . But i have to admitted too that Kimi was the star of the race until he make a mistake on Kovy.
Toma y Toma

Oviedo, Spain

#7 Mar 17, 2008
To me as always, HAM demonstrated nothing, rather than he knows how to win races, just if he starts from pole position.

As always he enjoyed the best car and luck, a good luck, that I haven't saw since Michael, whom he never broken a ferrary engine until the Japan GP in 2006.

I hope HAM would have to demostrate how good is he, as having the same bad/good luck than the others, managing pressure as the others. While he can have a superior car, then, the pilot wouldn't have the chance to demostrate how good is him.

To demonstrate that, he has to dog fight face by face, and to win the combats, by now he justs starts from pole with, maybe, the best car in grid and no fight hapened so nothing is demostrated yet, from the pilot point of wiew. Without copying nothing, will give us a better chance to evaluate him.

Any way I guess the MC-driver combination is the best in the 2008 grid, so disgracefull to me he would became WC.

I hope he would have to demostrate how good is him and he would fail again. I hope so.

I hope Ferrary would face MC and win the title, If not, I hope they open his doors to the pilot they need more..... Alonso!. Kova, if RON let him, would fit well too, if he wins the title, anyone rahter to HAM.

By the way to me HAM is the humblest F1 driver, even more than Michael, and because many Antialonsoist's think that of Alonso, To me HAM is it more than Alonso is. I never heard to any driver to say, he is going to win the title, they may think it, but I never heard that, even hadn't heard it to Michael. Pathetic.
Nick

Mansfield, UK

#8 Mar 17, 2008
Toma y Toma wrote:
To me as always, HAM demonstrated nothing, rather than he knows how to win races, just if he starts from pole position.
As always he enjoyed the best car and luck, a good luck, that I haven't saw since Michael, whom he never broken a ferrary engine until the Japan GP in 2006.
I hope HAM would have to demostrate how good is he, as having the same bad/good luck than the others, managing pressure as the others. While he can have a superior car, then, the pilot wouldn't have the chance to demostrate how good is him.
To demonstrate that, he has to dog fight face by face, and to win the combats, by now he justs starts from pole with, maybe, the best car in grid and no fight hapened so nothing is demostrated yet, from the pilot point of wiew. Without copying nothing, will give us a better chance to evaluate him.
Any way I guess the MC-driver combination is the best in the 2008 grid, so disgracefull to me he would became WC.
I hope he would have to demostrate how good is him and he would fail again. I hope so.
I hope Ferrary would face MC and win the title, If not, I hope they open his doors to the pilot they need more..... Alonso!. Kova, if RON let him, would fit well too, if he wins the title, anyone rahter to HAM.
By the way to me HAM is the humblest F1 driver, even more than Michael, and because many Antialonsoist's think that of Alonso, To me HAM is it more than Alonso is. I never heard to any driver to say, he is going to win the title, they may think it, but I never heard that, even hadn't heard it to Michael. Pathetic.
Dude i`m not being patriotic,but the kid drove well simple as.I have never heard Hamilton say he is going to win the title,Just that hes going to try hard to win it.No driver can say they`ll win it as thats an idiotic statement to make.They can say they feel confident and think they be able to battle for it,but to win it no.I mean all the pundits and people at Ferrari was bragging that they`ll do well,and that it will be a boring year because Ferrari will win lots of races and will dominate.Now some could say that was a very arrogant statement to make,but there you go.The statement was apparently made by Luca di montezemolo.I think its going to be tight again this year like is was last season.Ferrari will come back strong next race thats for sure.And for me its great to see that BMW are getting closer also.
Nick

Mansfield, UK

#9 Mar 17, 2008
Like it was last season i meant to put.Sorry for my error lol.

“"McLaren in my soul"”

Since: Apr 07

Worcester, U.K

#10 Mar 21, 2008
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude i`m not being patriotic,but the kid drove well simple as.I have never heard Hamilton say he is going to win the title,Just that hes going to try hard to win it.No driver can say they`ll win it as thats an idiotic statement to make.They can say they feel confident and think they be able to battle for it,but to win it no.I mean all the pundits and people at Ferrari was bragging that they`ll do well,and that it will be a boring year because Ferrari will win lots of races and will dominate.Now some could say that was a very arrogant statement to make,but there you go.The statement was apparently made by Luca di montezemolo.I think its going to be tight again this year like is was last season.Ferrari will come back strong next race thats for sure.And for me its great to see that BMW are getting closer also.
Dont waste your time trying to explain or reason with haters like him. He has no grace or ability to be magnanimous in defeat, no matter how well Lewis does & he did BRILLIANTLY all weekend, the haters cant stand it. he is probably hurting from seeing how well Lewis coped without TC unlike the WC who made rookie mistakes!

Fantastic start for my beloved Mclaren & seeing Ron collect the victory was a perfect end to the day. Hope there are many more to come.

Laz

“*Insert trolling comment here*”

Since: Oct 07

Gets 'em thru the long grass.

#11 Mar 21, 2008
The irony being wingy is the biggest hater on here.
Hippy

UK

#12 Mar 21, 2008
Who was quickest today??

Laz

#13 Mar 21, 2008
Hippy wrote:
Who was quickest today??
What in practice?

dunno.
gabe

Brantford, Canada

#15 Mar 22, 2008
Chris wrote:
Funny how all the loud mouths seem to have dissapears in to the distance with a dominant performance from lewis, nice to see kimi bottling it under pressure, seems the ice may have melted!!! HA HA HA HA
well now, the show is on the other foot. hopefully ferrari will show you how easy it is to win from the front row so that all the hami fans will realise that hami is no super natural. oh, and hami is starting at the back...let's see if he can do better than kimi did last week. it's only too bad that macca got the penalty because i'm sure that the fia will be blamed saying that they did it to help ferrari win. it's going to be a great season and my hopes are that ferrari smoke macca, but only time will say. i will not say that ferrari will be the champs till the end of the season, but if they are, look out macca fans...especially the one's who claim the championship after just one race...
Nick

Mansfield, UK

#16 Mar 22, 2008
My point exactly its early days and anyone who writes off Ferrari after one race is a complete knoob,and knows nothing about F1 period.All i was saying is that Hamilton drove a flawless race in australia.I think its gonna be another tight season providing we don`t have none of the controversy like we had this year.

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#17 Mar 22, 2008
Laz wrote:
Oh get over it now crocodile breath, you're like a freaking stuck record. You still have yet to say one thing intelligent about F1...dufus

Laz

#18 Mar 24, 2008
redneck Bob from Atlanta wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh get over it now crocodile breath, you're like a freaking stuck record. You still have yet to say one thing intelligent about F1...dufus
Yes, quite....you waited two days to reply to that.

“On I Burn!”

Since: Dec 07

Adelaide, Australia

#19 Mar 24, 2008
Laz wrote:
Absolutely Corect Laz.
sarahjane

Houston, TX

#22 Mar 25, 2008
ham did well coz the two ferrari's had faults in oz. it was shame that mclarens had problems in malayasia as i would of liked to had seen the ferraris beat n kill them properly. bmw are doing well hopin the bms can be a solid no 2 to ferrari in barain demotin mclarens to third plac.

“"McLaren in my soul"”

Since: Apr 07

Worcester, U.K

#23 Mar 25, 2008
sarahjane wrote:
ham did well coz the two ferrari's had faults in oz. it was shame that mclarens had problems in malayasia as i would of liked to had seen the ferraris beat n kill them properly. bmw are doing well hopin the bms can be a solid no 2 to ferrari in barain demotin mclarens to third plac.
Well currently ferrari know all about 3rd cos thats where they are in the constructors atm behind BMW!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nick Heidfeld Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Heidfeld out of Renault running as he accepts M... (Jan '10) Apr '12 au pair 2
News Valencia: BMW F1 Test Recap - Kubica Drives the... (Jan '08) Apr '11 albert 13
News How Malaysians have taken Formula One to their ... (Mar '08) Apr '11 danny 55
News Was Raikkonen rather than Heidfeld Pirelli's fi... (Aug '10) Aug '10 pats 2
News F1: Sato in running for Renault seat - report (Jan '10) Jan '10 Frank Baesler 2
News Hamilton also ready to leave F1 (Jun '09) Jun '09 anton 59
News Ask the Expert - BMW Sauber's Robert Kubica (Apr '09) Apr '09 BMW alternator help 1
More from around the web