Hamilton runs away with F-1 opener

Hamilton runs away with F-1 opener

There are 35 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 17, 2008, titled Hamilton runs away with F-1 opener. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Lewis Hamilton made it look easy. McLaren Mercedes Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton of Britain waves to the crowd as he completes a victory lap after winning the Australian Grand Prix at the Albert Park ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Christopher P

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#22 Mar 18, 2008
Rik Smits wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I'm quite familiar with all kinds of racing. I'm suprised you quoted a movie about NASCAR seeing your obvious distaste for it. I will tell you that I do try to watch F1 but as for the dysfunctional IRL/Cart minor leagues, I'd rather watch grass grow. I believe you meant to say "Go Lewis Hamilton."
No he meant Lewi Hamilton you twit. That is what David Hobbs calls him. You mentioned about being familiar with all kinds of motorsports yet you can't comprehend F-1 and you would rather watch grass grow instead of watching Indy Car? Yup, you are a typical nascar fan. Narrow minded, only watch "American" (spit into you cup).

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#23 Mar 18, 2008
Indy Fan in Georgia wrote:
PLEASE BRING BACK THE US GP !!!
and any race that that Ferrari is off the podium is a great race !!:-)
Dumbass
John

Lafayette, IN

#24 Mar 18, 2008
Oh my, look at all the bashing back and forth. Truly sad. All forms of racing have their merits. And I've been to IRL, F1 and NASCAR races - as well as NHRA, short track, road courses (more than one time for each form of racing, too). Though I've enjoyed them all, one thing I have noticed is that F1 people seem to think the other forms of racing (especially IRL and NASCAR) are inferior. Not all of them do. But MANY of them give that appearance, including Bernie. Perhaps a lot of it is just anti-American fervor. But the people who think that way need to realize that the attitude is hurting F1 in America. If you want it to succeed here, get a grip and realize that F1 is not ABOVE other forms of racing.
Christopher P

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#25 Mar 18, 2008
JAFO wrote:
<quoted text>
Your arrogance is just as unappealing.
LOL, why thank you!!

“"McLaren in my soul"”

Since: Apr 07

Worcester, U.K

#26 Mar 21, 2008
Chris wrote:
Oh dear, it seems a little quiet around here, i wonder why, come on then, lets have all your dum ass excuses as to why kimi didnt win, was it bad luck, or just crap driving, i wll go with the latter, Go Lewissssss!!!!!!!!!! No bottling this time, kimi did that for him, HA HA HA AH, Screw you brad, graham, nicole and redneck, graham, you can kiss my british ass aswell, the drivers championship is coming back home!!!!!
Indeed Chris, they cant make excuses for kimi's performance, even he wouldnt! Really was atrocious!

Oh it was a sweet, sweet victory! From start to finish. Had phone probs for the last week so havent been here but this was a wonderful start for Lewis & Mclaren & having Ron collect the trophy was the icing on the cake. So much for all the haters who said he wouldnt even be seen this year. IN YOUR FACE!!:)
gabe

Windsor, Canada

#28 Mar 23, 2008
hey wingy...you can fly away anytime...in your face...ha ha ha...

Since: Feb 08

Dresden

#29 Mar 23, 2008
Well as long as Macca and BMW are fighting for the points below Ferrari will be laughing their socks off..........unless of course the Massa factor continues to play a vital role!

Since: Feb 07

Seinajoki

#30 Mar 23, 2008
Chris wrote:
Oh dear, it seems a little quiet around here, i wonder why, come on then, lets have all your dum ass excuses as to why kimi didnt win, was it bad luck, or just crap driving, i wll go with the latter, Go Lewissssss!!!!!!!!!! No bottling this time, kimi did that for him, HA HA HA AH, Screw you brad, graham, nicole and redneck, graham, you can kiss my british ass aswell, the drivers championship is coming back home!!!!!
DWC is home. Just there where it belongs.
Number 6

Espoo, Finland

#31 Mar 23, 2008
Jussi wrote:
DWC is home. Just there where it belongs.
HEAR HEAR!

Since: Feb 08

Dresden

#32 Mar 24, 2008
Number 6 wrote:
<quoted text>
HEAR HEAR!
Yeah well remember its just on loan and we want it back!
Number 6

Espoo, Finland

#33 Mar 24, 2008
NEIN! It'll stay here for a while! First Kimi will be holding it for a few years. Then it's Heikki's turn.
After that Vettel can have it, when he gets a spot in a good team.

Location hidden

#34 Mar 24, 2008
Chris wrote:
hey Numb nuts, where's you big freaking mouth mow. You little dwarf, your boy got brought back down to earth and now you hide where again...behind your dear mummy's apron. Dumbass. How funny it is, in one week the Ham went from winning the WDC to not knowing how to stay out of other driver's way in quali, way to go Hewey Lewey and Dewey.

Location hidden

#35 Mar 24, 2008
Oh by the way shortass, ask Bobby the canandian to kiss your ass, I hear he's into that kind of stuff, him and Lazarus.

Since: Sep 07

Bandung, Indonesia

#36 Mar 24, 2008
Number 6 wrote:
NEIN! It'll stay here for a while! First Kimi will be holding it for a few years. Then it's Heikki's turn.
After that Vettel can have it, when he gets a spot in a good team.
I agree with the first, but I prefer Rosberg or Kubica to hold it next.

GO KIMI!

Btw,#6, isn't the father of Rosberg a Finnish? What happens to Nico...?

“I only know I know nothing”

Since: Jun 07

Ottawa

#37 Mar 24, 2008
Mark Webber tells it like it is:
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4451404a13275.html

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nick Heidfeld Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Heidfeld out of Renault running as he accepts M... (Jan '10) Apr '12 au pair 2
News Valencia: BMW F1 Test Recap - Kubica Drives the... (Jan '08) Apr '11 albert 13
News How Malaysians have taken Formula One to their ... (Mar '08) Apr '11 danny 55
News Was Raikkonen rather than Heidfeld Pirelli's fi... (Aug '10) Aug '10 pats 2
News F1: Sato in running for Renault seat - report (Jan '10) Jan '10 Frank Baesler 2
News Hamilton also ready to leave F1 (Jun '09) Jun '09 anton 59
News Ask the Expert - BMW Sauber's Robert Kubica (Apr '09) Apr '09 BMW alternator help 1
More from around the web