Driver Juan Pablo Montoya now pleased with his team's direction

Jun 11, 2008 | Posted by: Lets go racing | Full story: www.680news.com

As Juan Pablo Montoya tried to explain his renewed commitment to Chip Ganassi Racing, the boss man walked up the stairs into the driver's motor home for a surprise visit.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of49
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 07

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

Judged:

Go Juan! Him and Chip are friends again. LOL. Chip better get with it.
montoyafan1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 11, 2008

Judged:

that chip is a snake oil salesman ..lol...lol..im afreid he sold juan another cure all formula , maybe his painting the car different ,couse i heard nothing about a better engine etc....get him a #9 dodge engine ,they look fast......
Louie

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

It's good that everything is kool between Juan and Chip but i hope he goes to JGR. Juan deserves better equiptment than that crappy dodge he's driving. He's got top 20 equiptment and his awesome talent makes for better results but Juan can only do so much with the junk that he has. If Chip was as dedicated to his Nascar teams like he is with his IRL teams Juan would already have 2 wins imo. The Honeymoon is over Juan deserves better!

“New Season,,New champ????”

Since: Apr 08

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

I'm not a Gannssi fan or a Juan Pablo fan but anyone can see that Gannasi only cars about open wheel. He shouldn't even be in nascar. Now it's Juans fault for driving for him he had to know that Gannasi only cares about open wheel so he can't complain.
Dave

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

God; I'm still hoping and praying that Juan somehow signs with Joe Gibbs or another competitive team, because it is as obvious as it can be that the Ganassi team and cars just aren't competitive, and if Juan stays with Ganassi or for that matter Dario and Read as well! Montoya and the others will likely be in the exact same place as they are now a year from now! And it's just not right for one of the worlds top drivers to be stuck with the same bad odds evey single week. At this point, I seriously doubt that Montoya will even do well in Sonoma a few weeks from now! I'll be there anyway though as it's the track that is close to where I live.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

Dave wrote:
God; I'm still hoping and praying that Juan somehow signs with Joe Gibbs or another competitive team, because it is as obvious as it can be that the Ganassi team and cars just aren't competitive, and if Juan stays with Ganassi or for that matter Dario and Read as well! Montoya and the others will likely be in the exact same place as they are now a year from now! And it's just not right for one of the worlds top drivers to be stuck with the same bad odds evey single week. At this point, I seriously doubt that Montoya will even do well in Sonoma a few weeks from now! I'll be there anyway though as it's the track that is close to where I live.
The thing about is he's great on road races and he'll move someone in a minute, lol. I think he'll do well he's positive so that's good. Juan and Chip are very close I hope he goes to JGR will he? I don't think he will. But I wish he would.
This is why I think he wont leave chip!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2008

Race fan Dan wrote:
I'm not a Gannssi fan or a Juan Pablo fan but anyone can see that Gannasi only cars about open wheel. He shouldn't even be in nascar. Now it's Juans fault for driving for him he had to know that Gannasi only cares about open wheel so he can't complain.
Dan *shaking my finger at you* Juans my driver!
Fred

Minnetonka, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

He will never amount to anything in Nascar; should have stayed in F1------oh that's right he didn't exactly light that series up either.
Big City Bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Fred wrote:
He will never amount to anything in Nascar; should have stayed in F1------oh that's right he didn't exactly light that series up either.
do you think Juan dress's like Bernie,??????? I wonder,???
Brad

Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Fred wrote:
Fred...who other than Alonso,Schumacher or Kimi has "amounted" to anything in F1 in the last 10 years? There has been 3 champions in 10 years. Montoya finished 3rd in championship points twice (both times trailing only the Ferraris) won 7 races, set the fastest lap in the history of F1 (Monza 2002), took 13 poles, and won F1 Racing magazine "Overtaking Move of the Year" 3 times in 6 seasons. In addition to that F1 Racing Magazines board of F1 experts (including current and former drivers,team principles, media memebers,etc) voted Juan Pablo Montoya the 25th Fastest Man in the History of F1!!!! So when I come on NASCAR forums and read foolish posts (from people who know far less about F1 than the board of experts at F1 Racing Magazine) that talk about how he didn't "amount" to anything in F1 it makes me wonder who has "amounted" to anything in f1? Three guys? Is that it?
Fred

Minnetonka, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Brad,

Get a life you anal idiot!

If you call finishing third twice a stellar career; you need to wake up.

Let me list some people who have won F1 championships that I consider great drivers; Nigel Mansel and Mario Andretti.

You can't put Juanbon in the same breathe as them.
Brad

Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Fred wrote:
Brad,
Let me list some people who have won F1 championships that I consider great drivers; Nigel Mansel and Mario Andretti.
In the last 10 years? That was my question. Who, other than Kimi,Michael and Alonso has "amounted" to anything in F1 in the last 10 years?
Brad

Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Fred wrote:
Brad,
Fred you don't know much about F1. I can tell by your posts and how angry you get over losing arguments. The two drivers you named did indeed win a championship but they were also on by far the best team when they did. Mario drove a Lotus-Ford in 1978 and his teamate Ronnie Peterson finished second that season....no one else was close. Same with Mansell in the Williams Honda. In those days Williams dominated. Montoya was never in the best car on the grid. Again, I think having a panel of F1 experts rating Montoya 25th fastest of ALL TIME is "amounting to something"....but then again I'm an "anal idiot".
Fred

Minnetonka, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

That's because F1 is nothing but follow the leader racing; very little passing, and dominated by the car manufacturer and not by the driver.

Fantastic cars, great venues, but boring racing.
Brad

Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Fred wrote:
That's because F1 is nothing but follow the leader racing; very little passing, and dominated by the car manufacturer and not by the driver.
Fantastic cars, great venues, but boring racing.
Yeah, the races are often boring. But the driver does play a huge role if you follow the series. Ferrari has the best car and are currently paying Kimi $40 million a year to drive it. They wouldn't pay this huge salary if the driver didn't matter. Last year, Kimi won the championship and his team-mate came in a distant 4th. If it was just the car they should have finished 1-2.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the races are often boring. But the driver does play a huge role if you follow the series. Ferrari has the best car and are currently paying Kimi $40 million a year to drive it. They wouldn't pay this huge salary if the driver didn't matter. Last year, Kimi won the championship and his team-mate came in a distant 4th. If it was just the car they should have finished 1-2.
Oh Freds a troll let him waller in his la la land and invent things. I have posted Juans sucess in F-1 before I'm sure he's not a new troll. I'm also pretty sure it's some DB regular chic who does troll somedays then acts normal to it's friends. Anyways it will switch names soon. Can't talk reasoning because it's ate up with the dumba--. No help for it! It's the ultimate hater. Best to ignore it, I'm pretty sure comprehension isn't it's strong suit.

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Juan has done alot more then the drivers mentioned he's a crossover who has found success in every series who else is besides for Mario. When he wins the coveted nascar race The Daytona 500 he will be in the same boat as Mario. He's still making his legacy. He's won Indy and Monaco. The 2 of the 3 races to win. When he does get a great car he will win more races. But then the haters will not be around hilarious.

“New Season,,New champ????”

Since: Apr 08

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2008

Judged:

Lets go racing wrote:
<quoted text>Dan *shaking my finger at you* Juans my driver!
Sorry. I'll curtail my thoughts from now on. Don't beat me up.
Big City Bob

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2008

Lets go racing wrote:
Juan has done alot more then the drivers mentioned he's a crossover who has found success in every series who else is besides for Mario. When he wins the coveted nascar race The Daytona 500 he will be in the same boat as Mario. He's still making his legacy. He's won Indy and Monaco. The 2 of the 3 races to win. When he does get a great car he will win more races. But then the haters will not be around hilarious.
You'r still in a dream world, Juan would'nt win no matter what team he's with.
Louie

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2008

Lets go racing wrote:
<quoted text>The thing about is he's great on road races and he'll move someone in a minute, lol. I think he'll do well he's positive so that's good. Juan and Chip are very close I hope he goes to JGR will he? I don't think he will. But I wish he would.
This is why I think he wont leave chip!
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I know but thats before the crew change and all that chaos and bad finishes this year except for the awesome finish at Dega. Look at how he finished today at Michigan,Terrible! The set up is all screwed up on his car cause pattie being a nationwide crew chief is learning about the new car on the job. And I really think Ganassi is more dedicated to his IRL team. I really do hon.:( But youre right about one thing, Juans has a positive attitude for his team and i hope he can get his victory at Sonoma and bring the momentum to the Brickyard and the Glen. If he can do great and win there then Martinsville and Dega would be awesome for him. He just needs good momentum from good performances. And the only way he'll get it is with good equiptment imo.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of49
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Juan Pablo Montoya Discussions

Search the Juan Pablo Montoya Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Juan Pablo Montoya takes pole for Watkins Glen ... (Aug '12) Aug '13 Luca 2
EGR switching from Earnhardt to Hendrick engines (Nov '12) Nov '12 arthur 1
NASCAR drivers warn that transition won't be ea... (Aug '06) Oct '12 Simon Belt 66
Montoya fumes after wreck (Jul '10) Aug '10 Catcare lol 14
Perfection as imperious Schumacher takes record (Mar '10) Mar '10 jorge quiroz 1
EGR - mac & montoya (Feb '10) Feb '10 claregirl02 1
Bud Shootout 2010 (Feb '10) Feb '10 JPM Argenfan 3
•••
•••
•••