Daytona 500: It's the Indy 500

There are 12 comments on the Edmunds.com News story from Feb 14, 2008, titled Daytona 500: It's the Indy 500. In it, Edmunds.com News reports that:

Jacque Villeneuve's Toyota Camry racecar. Dario Franchitti left the IRL to join Chip Ganassi's NASCAR team.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Edmunds.com News.

Since: Aug 07

Worthville, KY

#1 Feb 14, 2008
Not true
In the Daytona 500
Hornish
Montoya
Franchitti
(JV, didn't make it)

At Indy this year!

Helio Castroneves
Dan Wheldon
Buddy Rice

could be

Al Unser Jr.(he picks rides up in may well)
Buddy Lazier, he also picks up rides in May

But it sounded good, just wont work out that way.

Since: Feb 08

Cany

#2 Feb 15, 2008
NASCAR really seems to be in the centre of the spotlight of the US motorsport at the moment, oh Champ Car and IndyCar really should merger right now!
montoyafan1

Akron, OH

#3 Feb 15, 2008
WELL I HONESTLY HATE SEEING JUAN DRIVING THOSE JUNK LOW TECK CARS , IF INDY AND CHAMP GET TOGETHER THEY NEED A NEW DIRECTION TO MAKE A BIG COMEBACK I LIKE TO SEE JUAN AND DARIO AND VILLA RACE THERE AND I WOULD GIVE SCHUMACHER PART OF THE ACTION TO BE INVOLVED IN IT AS A DRIVER OR PROMOTER , ALSO FORGET ABOUT DRIVING IN CIRCLES..COMMENTS PLEASE...

Worthville, KY

#4 Feb 15, 2008
Montoya says he wont go back to open wheel he likes Nascar too much. The year he dominated he beat out Dario so it'd be nice to see them go at it again but it wont happen in Nascar. Juan really likes Chip so they have a good chemisty I watched an interview where Chip cried over Montoya coming to him and asking to drive here it is.

Here's the young Dario and Juan picture :)

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/496831.jpg...
Louie

Simpsonville, SC

#5 Feb 15, 2008
montoyafan1 wrote:
WELL I HONESTLY HATE SEEING JUAN DRIVING THOSE JUNK LOW TECK CARS , IF INDY AND CHAMP GET TOGETHER THEY NEED A NEW DIRECTION TO MAKE A BIG COMEBACK I LIKE TO SEE JUAN AND DARIO AND VILLA RACE THERE AND I WOULD GIVE SCHUMACHER PART OF THE ACTION TO BE INVOLVED IN IT AS A DRIVER OR PROMOTER , ALSO FORGET ABOUT DRIVING IN CIRCLES..COMMENTS PLEASE...
Yes the stock car are kinda low tech but it basically focuses on the racing not the technology. driving a car with no traction control,down force and other driving aids is a big test for any driver not familiar with the big cars and does require skill. Thats why Montoya is such a great driver cause he can adapt and drive anything. As for the open wheel merging. I hope it goes back to the glorious CART days but it'll take a few years. And with Chip Ganassi i'm pretty sure Juan will always have a ride whether its in a stock car, open wheel machine, or Prototypes he'll help Juan with whatever he decides to do. And with the ratings dropping in Nascar we might see juan back in the cockpit of the open wheel machines. Who knows but either way i will follow Juan in whatever series he decides to race in.

Worthville, KY

#6 Feb 16, 2008
Juans not going back !

Worthville, KY

#7 Feb 16, 2008
Drivers don't "go back" to a series when they feel like they've done all they can in it. He wont go back! He called Ganassi for a ride and Ganassi put him in Nascar, that's where it's at! I wish he would but it's not going to happen. Juan also has 4 more years with a contract to drive for Ganassi in Nascar.

Worthville, KY

#8 Feb 16, 2008
Here's how I got that conclusion:(From an interview Juan did today)

HOW BIG WOULD IT BE FOR BOTH OPEN-WHEEL SERIES TO UNIFY?ďI donít know. Is it too late? Donít know, donít care. I raced there many years ago, but when I raced they were split and it was good at the time.Ē
montoyafan1

Akron, OH

#9 Feb 17, 2008
louie ...i also will watch him no matter where he races ...

Worthville, KY

#10 Feb 18, 2008
montoyafan1 wrote:
louie ...i also will watch him no matter where he races ...
He was in second for a minute yesterday, but it broke my heart when on the scanner he said "I don't have a winning car" no way. Then he got shuffled to the back he said I can try it and wreck or finish, he chose finish! On to the next race!
Louie

Simpsonville, SC

#11 Feb 18, 2008
Lets go racing wrote:
<quoted text>He was in second for a minute yesterday, but it broke my heart when on the scanner he said "I don't have a winning car" no way. Then he got shuffled to the back he said I can try it and wreck or finish, he chose finish! On to the next race!
Yes that was smart to finish. Always finish. At least he gave it a shot. Like Juan said in racing youre gonna have good and bad races. He will win again this year. 2-3 races.

Worthville, KY

#12 Feb 19, 2008
Louie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes that was smart to finish. Always finish. At least he gave it a shot. Like Juan said in racing youre gonna have good and bad races. He will win again this year. 2-3 races.
I hope so, but not only JPM also Franchitti and Reed Sorenson! One to of them I hope wins at Indy preferably Juan :) It wont be long now :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Juan Pablo Montoya Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Juan Pablo Montoya takes pole for Watkins Glen ... (Aug '12) Aug '13 Luca 2
News EGR switching from Earnhardt to Hendrick engines (Nov '12) Nov '12 arthur 1
News NASCAR drivers warn that transition won't be ea... (Aug '06) Oct '12 Simon Belt 66
News Montoya fumes after wreck (Jul '10) Aug '10 Catcare lol 14
News Perfection as imperious Schumacher takes record (Mar '10) Mar '10 jorge quiroz 1
EGR - mac & montoya (Feb '10) Feb '10 claregirl02 1
Bud Shootout 2010 (Feb '10) Feb '10 JPM Argenfan 3
More from around the web