Driven to succeed, boos OK with NASCA...

Driven to succeed, boos OK with NASCAR's Montoya

There are 50 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 10, 2008, titled Driven to succeed, boos OK with NASCAR's Montoya. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Juan Pablo Montoya is looking forward to hearing the boos this season in NASCAR's Sprint Cup Series.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Aug 07

AOL

#44 Jan 12, 2008
Louie wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish they would change the time slot of the Indy 500 so we can see some of our open wheel heroes do some double duty.:)
I know but it was a mess, they had to decide when to go finish the first go to the next and so on. I think they said that Robby and Tony has people massaging them to help with cramping and they felt totally drained after the race. Which is no good. Also Robby and tony are older. What my ideal situation would be? Tony to the IRL and Robby not gonna happen just a dream. Oh and Tony to drive for my man Foyt. I would love it and he would too. Do you get to go to the race? I love it. This last year they did 50 years of Foyt it was great. Can you see Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson in an indycar? You know Jeff tried the F-1 with Juan that one time and liked it.

AOL

#45 Jan 12, 2008
Louie wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post but i'm gonna have to disagree with you on some things. The thing about open wheelers comming to nascar isnt new. Mario Andretti was still racing F1 and won the Daytona 500 in his first try. Al Unser jr was in the top 10 at the Daytona 500 and got taken out by a nascar regular. Tony stewart was an IRL champ and is now a 2 time cup champ and really sucked in busch cause he was concentrating more on IRL and still made it. Juan Montoya fits the tony stewart mold cause he can drive anything. And he did deserve the ROTY imo. The 2 wins 1 in busch(Mexico city) and 1 in cup(Sonoma) with good finishes at tough tracks like Martinsville,bristol,atlanta,i ndy,and texas with only a year in stock cars proved he deserved it. And yes he had crashes and got alot of drivers hot but Jeff Gordon wrecked more than Juan did in his rookie year and look what a Phenom Jeff is today. I agree that alot of guys going through the ranks are not getting the opportunity to race in cup which is sad. call me crazy but i kinda blame that on cup drivers racing in the nationwide series. cause when the cup drivers race with the up and commers it steals their chance to shine and get noticed when the cup drivers are winning in the nationwide. But some rookies are already in development programs with big name teams so they are safe. I also think the team owners are tired of hiring recycled drivers (Nemechek,schrader) that'll just finish in the top 30 and take their chances with a young driver with fast reflexes. Scott speed is going through the ranks in the arca series and Franchitti is doing full nationwide while in cup. so not all are getting a free ride. ;) I predict Juan will win at least 3 races this year.
Juan for the 12 spot in the chase, go over to the juan montoya forum I try to keep it up to date when I can that is. No news lately except for the juan must win b/s chip wont fire him. nope. Did you know that Schrader came from open wheel also alot of them did. Right now I like it because I get to see Juan, Tony, JV and so on race alot more then Indycars keeps it interesting.
Oh yeah and my man Foyt won the Daytona 500 :P
Neil

Wake Forest, NC

#46 Jan 12, 2008
Louie wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish they would change the time slot of the Indy 500 so we can see some of our open wheel heroes do some double duty.:)
Shouldn't NASCAR change its start time?
Louie

Easley, SC

#47 Jan 12, 2008
Lets go racing wrote:
<quoted text>I know but it was a mess, they had to decide when to go finish the first go to the next and so on. I think they said that Robby and Tony has people massaging them to help with cramping and they felt totally drained after the race. Which is no good. Also Robby and tony are older. What my ideal situation would be? Tony to the IRL and Robby not gonna happen just a dream. Oh and Tony to drive for my man Foyt. I would love it and he would too. Do you get to go to the race? I love it. This last year they did 50 years of Foyt it was great. Can you see Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson in an indycar? You know Jeff tried the F-1 with Juan that one time and liked it.
Yeah i got that on tape when Juan and Gordon switched rides. I think Gordon would be succesful in open wheel but he's already got it made in Nascar and i dont think he'll go to a series thats not as big as Nascar is, but it would be kool to see him in the Indy 500. Jimmie is getting into road courses too and i think he can be successful in open wheel. He's going to be in the rolex 24, I think Jeff is going to be there too. And even though i dont like Harvick i'll have to admit he's got good road course skills and reflexes. He too can make it in open wheel.

AOL

#48 Jan 12, 2008
Neil wrote:
<quoted text>
Indy wont change the time unless it's from 11am-1pm but either way I still think it's impossible and Indy will never change the day. Nascar can do evening races though, I think Tony George and the Frances frown on that and with the engine sponsers it's not happening.
Louie

Easley, SC

#49 Jan 12, 2008
Neil wrote:
<quoted text>
Youre right cause the Coca Cola 600 ends at night. But the Indy 500 is really what i'd rather see, Coke 600 is just too long lol. Both good races though.

AOL

#50 Jan 12, 2008
Louie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah i got that on tape when Juan and Gordon switched rides. I think Gordon would be succesful in open wheel but he's already got it made in Nascar and i dont think he'll go to a series thats not as big as Nascar is, but it would be kool to see him in the Indy 500. Jimmie is getting into road courses too and i think he can be successful in open wheel. He's going to be in the rolex 24, I think Jeff is going to be there too. And even though i dont like Harvick i'll have to admit he's got good road course skills and reflexes. He too can make it in open wheel.
I think that Jeff, Jimmie and Tony are the ones I've heard speak of the Indy 500. Tony actually came out sat in Foyts car the whole deal had me on edge and didn't do it due to the sponsers and engine disputes.

http://aolsearch.aol.com/aol/redir... Details

AOL

#51 Jan 12, 2008
Goodnight folks
Clint

Tempe, AZ

#53 Jan 13, 2008
montoyafan1 wrote:
the funny thing about nascar fans is they dont understand that MONTOYA is everything the "REDNECKS" like in a driver ,aggresive,take no prisoner type of driver and he can put a race car in the smallest hole, nascar is short on drivers like that , most of them look like do gooders and always say the right things....
I think he will lose it like he did in F-1.
Moody

Fort Wayne, IN

#54 Jan 20, 2008
boo wrote:
i think its to bad nascar is getting away from grass roots racing. what happen to getting drivers from good ol u s a
Now you know how Indy car fans felt 20 yrs. ago.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Juan Pablo Montoya Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR drivers warn that transition won't be ea... (Aug '06) Mar '17 MakesPhartxx 68
News Montoya in talks with Renault? (Feb '06) Jan '17 wagonball 27
News Juan Pablo Montoya takes pole for Watkins Glen ... (Aug '12) Aug '13 Luca 2
News EGR switching from Earnhardt to Hendrick engines (Nov '12) Nov '12 arthur 1
News Montoya fumes after wreck (Jul '10) Aug '10 Catcare lol 14
News Perfection as imperious Schumacher takes record (Mar '10) Mar '10 jorge quiroz 1
EGR - mac & montoya (Feb '10) Feb '10 claregirl02 1