Driven to succeed, boos OK with NASCAR's Montoya

Juan Pablo Montoya is looking forward to hearing the boos this season in NASCAR's Sprint Cup Series. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
The Original INDYFAN

United States

#1 Jan 10, 2008
I don't understand the attraction to NASCAB, but I REALLY don't understand why people would boo the drivers. These guys put their lives on the line to entertain the crowd and they get booed? This isn't stick and ball games where if you mess up you get a foul or strike out. Please explain NASCAB sheepople.

“My problem is your solution...”

Since: Dec 07

Greenwood, Indiana

#2 Jan 10, 2008
The Original INDYFAN wrote:
I don't understand the attraction to NASCAB, but I REALLY don't understand why people would boo the drivers. These guys put their lives on the line to entertain the crowd and they get booed? This isn't stick and ball games where if you mess up you get a foul or strike out. Please explain NASCAB sheepople.
As a reformed NEKCAR fan, I will try to explain...
Montoya doesn't look like everyone else.
He doesn't talk like the everyone else.
He doesn't respect(pull over and let them pass) the veteran drivers.
He has no problem using a bumper or fender to get where he wants.(this behavior was originated by NEKCAR hero...Earnhart Sr.)
He <gasp> raced in cars that don't cover all four tires!!
HE IS A FOREIGNER!!

Montoya can drive any car he puts his mind too...he will never be accepted by the NEKCAR nation.
Gary

Fowler, IN

#4 Jan 10, 2008
Rednecks..... they don't like the racin'. They like the wreckin'... the rubbin'...the whoopin'and the hollerin'. What a joke.
The Original INDYFAN

United States

#5 Jan 10, 2008
Thanks Animal. As an EX, what caused you to leave the cabs behind? In my case, NASCAB left me back in the late 80's. It wasn't about competition any more, just an exibition event.
Ace

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Jan 10, 2008
"The hardest thing was getting in your mind that running 15th is not bad," said Montoya

Robbin Miller is rolling over in his grave. What? He's not dead? Oh, forget what I said.
Junior Nation

United States

#7 Jan 10, 2008
The Original INDYFAN wrote:
That's the amazing part about we all get to choose what we like and what we don't. So we like it and you don't. I don't like Indy Racing but that's my choice.

Just think how boring the world would be if we all liked the same things, dress the same, talked the same and ate the same food. BORING!!

You watch your Indy and I'll watch my NASCAR.

Since: Aug 07

AOL

#8 Jan 10, 2008
animalcontrol wrote:
<quoted text>
As a reformed NEKCAR fan, I will try to explain...
Montoya doesn't look like everyone else.
He doesn't talk like the everyone else.
He doesn't respect(pull over and let them pass) the veteran drivers.
He has no problem using a bumper or fender to get where he wants.(this behavior was originated by NEKCAR hero...Earnhart Sr.)
He <gasp> raced in cars that don't cover all four tires!!
HE IS A FOREIGNER!!
Montoya can drive any car he puts his mind too...he will never be accepted by the NEKCAR nation.
He has also said he doesnt' care if you like him the fact is your talking about him and notice him, mission accomplished. Maybe you or some fans wont accept him but the drivers are on the other hand which is the main thing that needs to happen when he's on the track.

AOL

#9 Jan 10, 2008
and I'll be watching both!!!!!!
IndyRaceFan

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Jan 10, 2008
The name NASCAR is a misnomer in itself. The National Association of Stock Car Auto Racing was designed to be a sanctioning body for "strictly stock" cars, with minimal safety improvements. The last vestiges of legitimacy went out the window when Chevrolet was allowed to graft a Monte Carlo nose onto a T-Bird body. Now it's a spec racer series and everything is interchangeable. You can't even tell what brand a car is supposed to be until they put the decals on. Since they've taken away all the advantages of having one brand or the other, Having a great driver like JPM is a must. It's killing legitimate racing, but they're going where the $$$ are.

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

#11 Jan 10, 2008
Lets go racing wrote:
and I'll be watching both!!!!!!
Me too! All the series! Rolex and ALMS,F1,Indy Car,all of it is watched by me! Life is Good!

Since: Oct 07

New York, NY

#12 Jan 10, 2008
I think he is chase worthy in a couple of years.

Since: May 07

Spokane, WA

#13 Jan 10, 2008
I can still tell the cars apart without decals. They are still somewhat distinct. I suppose if you don't know your cars it might be harder. People just need to accept change, cause like inflation, taxes and cracks in cement it's inevitable!

“"Racing Rules"”

NHRA

#15 Jan 10, 2008
Whoyakidding wrote:
I don't expect everyone to like the same things I do and I don't find it necessary to call them names and show the rest of the world how bigoted I am because they don't like the same things either. To each his own until you take it personal. I've never seen or heard of a study that determined the fans of one racing series was more intelligent or superior to another. Trash talking and name calling aren't required to tell the world what racing series you like or who your favorite driver is. All it proves is that you are less than the person you are trying in you feeble stupid way to put down. I'm not an open wheel racing fan but that doesn't mean I think that makes those that are open wheel fan something bad or ignorant. What I do think is that people that think this way are really the trash and rednecks. Don't like what I said, stick where the sun don't shine!
You are so right dear friend! Hope you are having a great day! ;-0)

Since: May 07

Spokane, WA

#16 Jan 10, 2008
Whoyakidding wrote:
I don't expect everyone to like the same things I do and I don't find it necessary to call them names and show the rest of the world how bigoted I am because they don't like the same things either. To each his own until you take it personal. I've never seen or heard of a study that determined the fans of one racing series was more intelligent or superior to another. Trash talking and name calling aren't required to tell the world what racing series you like or who your favorite driver is. All it proves is that you are less than the person you are trying in you feeble stupid way to put down. I'm not an open wheel racing fan but that doesn't mean I think that makes those that are open wheel fan something bad or ignorant. What I do think is that people that think this way are really the trash and rednecks. Don't like what I said, stick where the sun don't shine!
Well said, Amen!
Neil

Fuquay Varina, NC

#17 Jan 10, 2008
Whoyakidding wrote:
Since you live in NC too, you know the NASCAR saturation. Of course, you are a NASCAR fan and don't have to deal with put downs about open wheel. I am sick to death of all the people who hate Juan and others because he isn't an American. Who cares? It is 2008. If people still can't stand somebody cause of their background, then they are pathetic. I am not accusing you, but rather saying that I am sick of the hatred towards Hispanics especially. racism and bigotry is the biggest problem in politics, which is why I am so upset that I can't escape prejudice in racing, the haven from politics

“"Racing Rules"”

NHRA

#18 Jan 10, 2008
Neil wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you live in NC too, you know the NASCAR saturation. Of course, you are a NASCAR fan and don't have to deal with put downs about open wheel. I am sick to death of all the people who hate Juan and others because he isn't an American. Who cares? It is 2008. If people still can't stand somebody cause of their background, then they are pathetic. I am not accusing you, but rather saying that I am sick of the hatred towards Hispanics especially. racism and bigotry is the biggest problem in politics, which is why I am so upset that I can't escape prejudice in racing, the haven from politics
Hi Neil, i for one think JPM is good for Nascar,as for Hispanics,i have many friends i work with that are great people,but Try living in Salinas,California where i live,you may change your mind about that racism thing! I am AGAINST GANGS! I am against the abuse of the system(don't worry,i won't get started)Even my lovely Hispanic friends are ticked off at what "Others" do to their good name and heritage! That is all i will say on that matter! Have a great evening! Let's also say that,while i am in Upstate New York right now,i have never felt more safe and secure! When i go home to Cali,i will not be walking at night like i love to do! Especially not without my baseball bat in hand! Not for the Hispanics(they leave this blond gal alone) more for their pit bull dogs that let get out because they have not been fed for weeks!(sorry again)there are good and bad in everyone,but i have seen the worst in California,and it's only getting worse by the week! Very sad that my state where i was born is declining so rapidly!
NASCAR IS A SAVIOR FOR ME!
Scott Pruett

United States

#19 Jan 10, 2008
The rascal took me out in MEX. He must be punished.

“"Racing Rules"”

NHRA

#20 Jan 10, 2008
Scott Pruett wrote:
lol

AOL

#21 Jan 10, 2008
Whoyakidding wrote:
Amen!

AOL

#22 Jan 10, 2008
Scott Pruett wrote:
Next time you see him coming fake pruett move your a-- out of the way because he's getting that spot believe that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Juan Pablo Montoya Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Juan Pablo Montoya takes pole for Watkins Glen ... (Aug '12) Aug '13 Luca 2
EGR switching from Earnhardt to Hendrick engines (Nov '12) Nov '12 arthur 1
NASCAR drivers warn that transition won't be ea... (Aug '06) Oct '12 Simon Belt 66
Montoya fumes after wreck (Jul '10) Aug '10 Catcare lol 14
Perfection as imperious Schumacher takes record (Mar '10) Mar '10 jorge quiroz 1
EGR - mac & montoya (Feb '10) Feb '10 claregirl02 1
Bud Shootout 2010 (Feb '10) Feb '10 JPM Argenfan 3
•••
•••

Juan Pablo Montoya People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••