Things are looking up for my Sweet Baboo

Things are looking up for my Sweet Baboo

There are 44 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jul 4, 2008, titled Things are looking up for my Sweet Baboo. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

It may not have been a win, but doggone it, it was a solid fifth-place finish. Elliott Sadler, who will love me when he knows me, is a genius .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

“"winning isn't everything"”

Since: Apr 08

Williamsburg, MA

#21 Jul 9, 2008
wsucougarchick05 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sooooo irritated right now.
I just got back from a little...well, I guess you could call it a business trip...to Eastern Washington and it's anywhere from $4.09 to $4.19 over there.
In New England when I was there last week? Yeah.$3.95-$4.09. I about had a heart attack.
yeah, i live in Massachusetts, and gas is 4.05/gallon.
Losing interest

Chinle, AZ

#22 Jul 9, 2008
NASCAR is going downhill fast because of the unfair advantages given to Toy Yodas, Fords, Dodges and Chevys cant modify until The Toy Yodas can catch up. Why cant they just adjust and live with it. So Kryle Busch isn't really winning their letting him win. I don't evenm watch as much as I used to.
No Way

Phoenix, AZ

#23 Jul 10, 2008
FOR KASEY GIRL ..

National Association for "Pathetic" Car Auto Racing ...

The definition of a “Sport” from the little pocket dictionary in my office is:

Sport n. 1. any recreational activity; specif., a game, competition, etc. requiring bodily exertion

... This argument should be over. Reading the last classification of the definition above should humiliate anyone who disagrees with me. However, NAPCAR fans belong to a unique but growing group of our society that is not familiar with the dictionary or proper noun usage.

Lets put our argument into simpler terms.

Who many people do you know that were on the High School, College or Intramural Race Car teams? Not many, because unlike Football, Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball, Wrestling, Water polo, Track, Baseball and Golf (yes even golf) our school systems do not recognize driving a car as a sport. School systems see driving a car, even really fast and in endless circles as “transportation.” I also do not want to hear anyone says Auto Shop. Auto Shop is a class designed to keep High School Student’s cars running and teaches students that working on cars is not as fun as it looks and you should learn English, Math and Science so you can afford new cars and avoid maintenance.
When is the last time you saw a Gatorade, 24-Hour Fitness, or Nike commercial with NASCAR drivers. Real sports athletes train by running and lift weights. NASCAR drivers prepare for driving careers with Atari Pole Position and late night street races. I have never once heard the word “conditioning” in relation to a NASCAR driver. When a real athlete wins they celebrate with Champaign, because it is a treat. Their body have to be so focused that even alcohol must be regulated. Have you ever wonder whey you do not look like a Basketball, Soccer, Tennis or Football player? It is because they train 8 hours a day for their SPORT. When NASCAR driver wins they drink milk, because they think it is a rare exotic beverage. Has anyone ever seen a NASCAR drivers arms or Legs? I bet they there are millions of women at Curves every day with more muscle tone then a NASCAR driver.
Winning in NASCAR has almost nothing to do with the driver. In all fairness, the engineers who created the car should be the only ones on the stage celebrating. They do all the work. It needs to be more like a NASA Space Launch, where all the Engineers are seen jumping up and down, in white short sleeve shirts and black ties. NASCAR is so backwards, that the people, who make the car faster and faster, are behind the scenes while the guys dumb enough to drive the car and a collection of guys who can change tires really fast are celebrated.

It has to stop. NASCAR can still be a hobby and activity for Millions on Americans, but lets categorize it properly – as an ACTIVITY. NASCAR belongs to a group that includes the Circus, Professional Wrestling, Beauty Pageants, Model Rockets and Hot Dog Eating Contests. NASCAR is not a Sport.

Next time I turn on Sports Center I should not have to wait for real sports updates, why I am updated on the moron who was willing to be strapped into a car, built to go extra fast.

“I don't do headlines. ”

Since: Aug 07

Durango

#24 Jul 10, 2008
So...a competition requiring bodily exertion?

Hmm. I'd say NASCAR fits that description quote well.

Imagine that you're driving down a highway in a big city. 55 MPH, heading home from work. Rush hour is in full swing. Cars are swerving in front of you, you're furiously alternating between the gas pedal and the brake pedal. Then, imagine you're doing this at 3 to 4 times this speed. And in the corners you experience G-forces similar to what astronauts experience on a space shuttle lift off...in temperatures of 100 degrees, maybe up to 170 on the floorboards. Quick reflexes to be able to avoid situations that could lead to injury or even death are also a requirement.

But nope, none of that sounds like bodily exertion at all to me.*rolls eyes*

“...back to nowhere...”

Since: Feb 08

Woodland, WA

#25 Jul 10, 2008
Helena_313 wrote:
So...a competition requiring bodily exertion?
Hmm. I'd say NASCAR fits that description quote well.
Imagine that you're driving down a highway in a big city. 55 MPH, heading home from work. Rush hour is in full swing. Cars are swerving in front of you, you're furiously alternating between the gas pedal and the brake pedal. Then, imagine you're doing this at 3 to 4 times this speed. And in the corners you experience G-forces similar to what astronauts experience on a space shuttle lift off...in temperatures of 100 degrees, maybe up to 170 on the floorboards. Quick reflexes to be able to avoid situations that could lead to injury or even death are also a requirement.
But nope, none of that sounds like bodily exertion at all to me.*rolls eyes*
Well said!

Just to add...do this in winter clothes and jackets, in the middle of summer, with no air conditioning.

Williamsburg, MA

#26 Jul 10, 2008
No Way wrote:
FOR KASEY GIRL ..
Sport n. 1. any recreational activity; specif., a game, competition, etc. requiring bodily exertion
... This argument should be over. Reading the last classification of the definition above should humiliate anyone who disagrees with me.
However, NAPCAR fans belong to a unique but growing group of our society that is not familiar with the dictionary or proper noun usage.
Who many people do you know that were on the High School, College or Intramural Race Car teams? Not many, because unlike Football, Soccer, Basketball, Volleyball, Wrestling, Water polo, Track, Baseball and Golf (yes even golf) our school systems do not recognize driving a car as a sport. School systems see driving a car, even really fast and in endless circles as “transportation.” I also do not want to hear anyone says Auto Shop. Auto Shop is a class designed to keep High School Student’s cars running and teaches students that working on cars is not as fun as it looks and you should learn English, Math and Science so you can afford new cars and avoid maintenance.
When is the last time you saw a Gatorade, 24-Hour Fitness, or Nike commercial with NASCAR drivers. Real sports athletes train by running and lift weights. NASCAR drivers prepare for driving careers with Atari Pole Position and late night street races. I have never once heard the word “conditioning” in relation to a NASCAR driver. When a real athlete wins they celebrate with Champaign, because it is a treat. Their body have to be so focused that even alcohol must be regulated. Have you ever wonder whey you do not look like a Basketball, Soccer, Tennis or Football player? It is because they train 8 hours a day for their SPORT. When NASCAR driver wins they drink milk, because they think it is a rare exotic beverage. Has anyone ever seen a NASCAR drivers arms or Legs? I bet they there are millions of women at Curves every day with more muscle tone then a NASCAR driver.
Winning in NASCAR has almost nothing to do with the driver. In all fairness, the engineers who created the car should be the only ones on the stage celebrating. They do all the work. It needs to be more like a NASA Space Launch, where all the Engineers are seen jumping up and down, in white short sleeve shirts and black ties. NASCAR is so backwards, that the people, who make the car faster and faster, are behind the scenes while the guys dumb enough to drive the car and a collection of guys who can change tires really fast are celebrated.
It has to stop. NASCAR can still be a hobby and activity for Millions on Americans, but lets categorize it properly – as an ACTIVITY. NASCAR belongs to a group that includes the Circus, Professional Wrestling, Beauty Pageants, Model Rockets and Hot Dog Eating Contests. NASCAR is not a Sport.
Next time I turn on Sports Center I should not have to wait for real sports updates, why I am updated on the moron who was willing to be strapped into a car, built to go extra fast.
Wow. It must have took you a while to think that one up. Here are some flaws with your stupid speech:
1. Last time I checked, pro wrestleing is a sport, no matter how dumb it is.
2. The reason car racing isn't a high school sport is because what sort of school can afford 43 cars and garages and pit crew, etc.???
3. The guys that drive the cars aren't dumb. They have a lot of guts, after seeing what can happen to them. Try sitting in a 100 degree car for 3 hours wearing tons of safety gear along with a heavy firesuit.
Thats all. Arguement over.

Williamsburg, MA

#27 Jul 10, 2008
TO NO WAY

Wow! It must of took you a while to think of that stupid speech. Here are some flaws.
1. I think the p stands for perfect.
2. Your definition sounds good for nascar.
3. They arent't in nike commercials because they dont need nike shoes. And I think dale jr was actually in one.
4. They only drink milk when they win at indy, because it is a tradition. They drink gatorade, amp, milller lite, budwieser and things like that. just like football players.
5. Last time I checked pro wrestling is a sport. No matter how dumb it is.
6. Yes, I have seen nascar driver arms and legs. Have you seen Carl Edwards? 95% of them are in really good shape.
7. They aren't dumb to climb into a car. They have a lot of guts to climb into a car, knowing what could happen to them. You try sitting in a 100 degree car for 3 hours wearing tons of safety gear and a heavy firesuit.

End of story.
Kaseys Chickie_9

United States

#28 Jul 10, 2008
No Way wrote:
FOR KASEY GIRL ..
... This argument should be over. Reading the last classification of the definition above should humiliate anyone who disagrees with me. However, NAPCAR fans belong to a unique but growing group of our society that is not familiar with the dictionary or proper noun usage.
Like kaseygrl said, that must have taken you a really long time. I'm just wondering WHY you are on here, reading articles and ranting about a sport, and yes it most certainly IS a sport, that you don't even like. And what's really sad is that your long speech did not prove your point at all. It only showed how little you know about NASCAR. If you're going to insult a sport (or anything for that matter), at least get your facts straight.

Williamsburg, MA

#29 Jul 11, 2008
i argree with you all the way, Kaseys Chickie_9!! why is 'no way' even on this thread?

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#30 Jul 12, 2008
nascar1950 wrote:
Please check your facts first before you write. Elliott Sadler has a Virgina drawl (his home state)- not Carolina. Second, Juan Montoya drive the 42 car not the 40. It was the 42 Dodge was the car that spun the 18 of Kyle Busch... I now you are trying to be cute, but get your facts correct.
Ok so speaking of being cute, I need to clear something up. Is Sadler a gynecologist, I have never heard anyone speak with a VAGINA drawl before??????? I think the word you are looking for is VIRGINIA.:):)

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#31 Jul 12, 2008
redneck Bob from Atlanta wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok so speaking of being cute, I need to clear something up. Is Sadler a gynecologist, I have never heard anyone speak with a VAGINA drawl before??????? I think the word you are looking for is VIRGINIA.:):)
Yup, you're cute, all right... and you read the earlier message wrong - they spelled it "Virgina" - they only left out the second "i". Try again... and lay off being obnoxious... Your entire reply was uncalled for and inappropriate.

Williamsburg, MA

#32 Jul 12, 2008
<quoted text>
it wasn't spelled that way. perv.
Louie

Greenville, SC

#33 Jul 12, 2008
JDP wrote:
Get a life. Did you notice all the empty seats last night? NAPCAR is slowly dying.
I think its because of the economy and alot of the fans that travel to races cant cause its way too exspensive with these ridiculous gas prices. A good example was dario franchitti #40 team shutting down cause of no funding from sponsorship and with the economy being bad gannasi wasnt gonna fund the 40 team from his own pocket. And no it wasnt because of Dario's driving either. Hope that gave you an insight whats going on.:)

Location hidden

#34 Jul 12, 2008
-Nicki wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, you're cute, all right... and you read the earlier message wrong - they spelled it "Virgina" - they only left out the second "i". Try again... and lay off being obnoxious... Your entire reply was uncalled for and inappropriate.
should I tremble now or later Nicki. The bloke's a peanut anyway you look at it, sad that you lot have to decide that the most important thing is whether his drawl orignated in Virginai or Carolina. Now that is uncalled for.

Location hidden

#35 Jul 12, 2008
kaseygrl wrote:
<quoted text>
well either way you never spelt it correctly, problem with the schooling in Massachusetts maybe? Your liberal teachers encouraging free thinking again at the expense of basic understanding of the English Language?

Location hidden

#36 Jul 12, 2008
kaseygrl wrote:
<quoted text>
and by the way touchy touchy, it was meant as a bit of light hearted chirping, hence the smiley faces (:):))if you can't handle it you're pretty sad. You lot up there worried already that the Red Sox are not going to make it to the playoffs.

Now let's get to the bottom of all this ... is it Vagina, Virgina, Virginia or Virginai????? Even I've forgotten which one it is.

Location hidden

#37 Jul 12, 2008
Louie wrote:
<quoted text>
I think its because of the economy and a lot of the fans that travel to races cant cause its way too exspensive with these ridiculous gas prices. A good example was dario franchitti #40 team shutting down cause of no funding from sponsorship and with the economy being bad gannasi wasnt gonna fund the 40 team from his own pocket. And no it wasnt because of Dario's driving either. Hope that gave you an insight whats going on.:)
That's a little lame don't you think, I see baseball stadiums all around the country at at least +70% full every night,(well except the marlins of course). I think it's just a little crappy to start making excuses about the fuel prices and the economy just because Nascar is taking a dive. Must be all them darn foreigners racing now hey, and of course the fact that Toyota is starting to kick the local manufacturers' asses big time, in what only their 2nd season ...

Williamsburg, MA

#38 Jul 13, 2008
OK, i know massachusetts is a terrible state. you dont have to rub it in. i even call it the gay state myself.

ps. the red sox will make the playoffs!

Location hidden

#39 Jul 13, 2008
kaseygrl wrote:
OK, i know massachusetts is a terrible state. you dont have to rub it in. i even call it the gay state myself.
ps. the red sox will make the playoffs!
ha ha ha, good one, see at least we can have some fun. Now if only we could prove that Jeff Gordon was from MA hey!!!!!!....

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#40 Jul 13, 2008
<quoted text>
should I tremble now or later Nicki. The bloke's a peanut anyway you look at it, sad that you lot have to decide that the most important thing is whether his drawl orignated in Virginai or Carolina. Now that is uncalled for.
Oh, tremble now, definitely!!! LOL!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Juan Pablo Montoya Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR drivers warn that transition won't be ea... (Aug '06) Mar '17 MakesPhartxx 68
News Montoya in talks with Renault? (Feb '06) Jan '17 wagonball 27
News Juan Pablo Montoya takes pole for Watkins Glen ... (Aug '12) Aug '13 Luca 2
News EGR switching from Earnhardt to Hendrick engines (Nov '12) Nov '12 arthur 1
News Montoya fumes after wreck (Jul '10) Aug '10 Catcare lol 14
News Perfection as imperious Schumacher takes record (Mar '10) Mar '10 jorge quiroz 1
EGR - mac & montoya (Feb '10) Feb '10 claregirl02 1
More from around the web