Things are looking up for my Sweet Baboo

Things are looking up for my Sweet Baboo

There are 44 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jul 4, 2008, titled Things are looking up for my Sweet Baboo. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

It may not have been a win, but doggone it, it was a solid fifth-place finish. Elliott Sadler, who will love me when he knows me, is a genius .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
nascar1950

Powhatan, VA

#1 Jul 5, 2008
Please check your facts first before you write.  Elliott Sadler has a Virgina drawl (his home state)- not Carolina.  Second, Juan Montoya drive the 42 car not the 40.  It was the 42 Dodge was the car that spun the 18 of Kyle Busch... I now you are trying to be cute, but get your facts correct.
JDP

Montrose, CO

#2 Jul 6, 2008
Get a life. Did you notice all the empty seats last night? NAPCAR is slowly dying.

“"winning isn't everything"”

Since: Apr 08

Williamsburg, MA

#3 Jul 6, 2008
JDP wrote:
Get a life. Did you notice all the empty seats last night? NAPCAR is slowly dying.
It is not dying! It's thriving! And its not Napcar. Its Nascar!
Perfect

Morris, IL

#4 Jul 6, 2008
It's not dying we're in a mini recession.

“I don't do headlines. ”

Since: Aug 07

Durango

#5 Jul 6, 2008
I'm a little embarrassed that the article came from a newspaper in the 4 Corners.

However, I don't necessarily disagree that the empty seats that we see at practically every track are a litlte bit worrisome.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#6 Jul 6, 2008
I tend to agree - the increasingly empty seats are something to keep in mind.

There are a good many people here who regularly attend tracks that are several states away, but I don't think that even half of them have gotten the races they usually go to. They just don't have the money right now.

As a matter of fact, the *only* reason I got to go to Bristol this spring was because a friend couldn't use his ticket.
DOT

United States

#7 Jul 6, 2008
nascar1950 -- Boy, did I goof THIS one up -- Thanks for setting me straight. I appreciate it. No wonder Elliott Sadler is gonna marry the other woman... And do y'all think it's gas prices that are keeping seats empty? Here in New Mexico, it's $4 a gallon for regular. Dorothy
LeishaC

Freeport, FL

#8 Jul 7, 2008
How are you taking the news that your sweet baboo just got engaged?

Oh, and by the way, it's a Virginia drawl, not Carolina.

But I do agree with your assessment of Kyle BooHoo Busch!

“I don't do headlines. ”

Durango

#9 Jul 7, 2008
DOT wrote:
nascar1950 -- Boy, did I goof THIS one up -- Thanks for setting me straight. I appreciate it. No wonder Elliott Sadler is gonna marry the other woman... And do y'all think it's gas prices that are keeping seats empty? Here in New Mexico, it's $4 a gallon for regular. Dorothy
$4.25 up here across the state line for our brand of "regular" which is 86 octane...I think NM has 87? At least, Albuquerque did last time when I filled up there.

Williamsburg, MA

#10 Jul 7, 2008
Helena_313 wrote:
<quoted text>
$4.25 up here across the state line for our brand of "regular" which is 86 octane...I think NM has 87? At least, Albuquerque did last time when I filled up there.
4.25!?! up where i live it's only 4.05!

“I don't do headlines. ”

Durango

#11 Jul 7, 2008
kaseygrl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. I live in a little yuppie tourist town.

“...back to nowhere...”

Since: Feb 08

Woodland, WA

#12 Jul 7, 2008
kaseygrl wrote:
<quoted text>
Lucky you, Kaseygrl! I think the cheapest I've found here in WA is $4.37.
No Way

Phoenix, AZ

#13 Jul 7, 2008
kaseygrl wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not dying! It's thriving! And its not Napcar. Its Nascar!
he got it right .. its "NAPCAR" .. I take a nap while watching the cars go around and around and .. guess what .. around and around ...

Williamsburg, MA

#14 Jul 8, 2008
No Way wrote:
<quoted text>
he got it right .. its "NAPCAR" .. I take a nap while watching the cars go around and around and .. guess what .. around and around ...
they do more than drive around in circles. it takes a lot of strategy. what sport do you like?

Williamsburg, MA

#15 Jul 8, 2008
Helena_313 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. I live in a little yuppie tourist town.
no one would come to my town for a vacation. its basically a place to get gas and food for people traveling on route 9.
right turn only

Albuquerque, NM

#16 Jul 8, 2008
Dorothy--- If Elliot knew you, he'd trade in his Virgina drawl for a Carolina twang in a New York minute!
I'm not a NASCAR fan, but there are two things I LOVE about the sport:
1. Sponsorship patches. I think all athletes and politicians should wear their sponsors names on their sleeves.
2. Even coming from a "shady background" of shine-running, NASCAR is the cleanest, least scandal-ridden sport in the US today.

BTW, my kids in CA report $5.00/gallon for 86 octane.

“Made in Canada.”

Since: Dec 06

Ontario

#17 Jul 8, 2008
wsucougarchick05 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lucky you, Kaseygrl! I think the cheapest I've found here in WA is $4.37.
Up where I am in Canada, it's close to $5/gallon in US dollars.
No Way

Phoenix, AZ

#18 Jul 8, 2008
kaseygrl wrote:
<quoted text>
they do more than drive around in circles. it takes a lot of strategy. what sport do you like?
football ... and NAPCAR is not a sport?...

“...back to nowhere...”

Since: Feb 08

Woodland, WA

#19 Jul 8, 2008
Kasey Fan Forever wrote:
<quoted text>
Up where I am in Canada, it's close to $5/gallon in US dollars.
I'm sooooo irritated right now.

I just got back from a little...well, I guess you could call it a business trip...to Eastern Washington and it's anywhere from $4.09 to $4.19 over there.

In New England when I was there last week? Yeah.$3.95-$4.09. I about had a heart attack.

Williamsburg, MA

#20 Jul 9, 2008
yes, naScar is a sport. since you dont like the sport of naScar, i was wondering what sport you do like.
i have another question. since the S in nascar stands for "stock" as in stock car, what would the P stand for???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Juan Pablo Montoya Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Juan Pablo Montoya takes pole for Watkins Glen ... (Aug '12) Aug '13 Luca 2
News EGR switching from Earnhardt to Hendrick engines (Nov '12) Nov '12 arthur 1
News NASCAR drivers warn that transition won't be ea... (Aug '06) Oct '12 Simon Belt 66
News Montoya fumes after wreck (Jul '10) Aug '10 Catcare lol 14
News Perfection as imperious Schumacher takes record (Mar '10) Mar '10 jorge quiroz 1
EGR - mac & montoya (Feb '10) Feb '10 claregirl02 1
Bud Shootout 2010 (Feb '10) Feb '10 JPM Argenfan 3
More from around the web