Bahrain according to McLaren

Bahrain according to McLaren

There are 59 comments on the F1 Complete story from Mar 6, 2006, titled Bahrain according to McLaren. In it, F1 Complete reports that:

The 2006 FIA Formula One World Championship gets underway this coming weekend at the Bahrain International Circuit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at F1 Complete.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Haris Podilah B Abd Ghani

Semenyih, Malaysia

#1 Mar 6, 2006
Mc Laren will win
Amol

United States

#2 Mar 13, 2006
I think Kimi will get it this year unless McLaren gives up on him like Bahrain qualifier.
lahni

Auckland, New Zealand

#3 Mar 13, 2006
Kimi should win the chapionship this year after all he could have had two already!
Ace

South Africa

#4 Mar 14, 2006
Yes, McLaren must start looking after Kimi or he would be justified by leaving!
Miller

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Mar 14, 2006
If McLaren provide equal reliable and fast cars both Juan Pablo will beat Kimi for the Championship
Ace

South Africa

#6 Mar 15, 2006
Miller wrote:
If McLaren provide equal reliable and fast cars both Juan Pablo will beat Kimi for the Championship
I don't think Montoya will ever become a champion,he might win a few races but not take a championship!(Hot-headed and inconsistent)
Miller

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Mar 15, 2006
Ace wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think Montoya will ever become a champion,he might win a few races but not take a championship!(Hot-headed and inconsistent)
Lets follow Kimi and Juan Pablos Championship quest and see who is right. I think they are very close in talent, both are very fast. JPM a better passer. I agree that JPM has made some stupid mistakes like injuring his elbow playing "tennis" buty Kimi has had some "driking issues" off track. This is going to be a very competetive year lets see who comes up on top. I predict 1-JPM 2-Fernando 3-Kimi

It is nice to share F1 views on the net. Unfortunately there is not a big F1 following in new york or for that matter in the u.s.
Jimmy

Wynberg, South Africa

#8 Mar 15, 2006
Montoya better passer!U wish.Did u watch what kimi did to fiscichela last year?4get it,the guy is the best.Button went pass Montoya twice easily last sunday but he coudn't do the same with kimi,who had more fuel than him.
I really hope Kimi will stay on at McLaren so that we'll see who's the best btwn Alonso and Him.I'm sure Alonso is praying for him to leave.
Miller

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Mar 15, 2006
Anyone can pass Fisi. Have you seen Montoya's passes on Michael since he arrived to F1 while driving an inferior car. The pass he put on Kimi coming out of the pits on cold tires to win the Brazilian GP a couple of yrs ago. The pass he did on Michael on the Senna SS. There is no doubt that Kimi is a great driver along with Fernando, but Montoya executes passes where no one else dares to. Your example on Button is lame, Button had a faster car. Mclaren admitted after the race that JPM had mechanical problems with the engine.
Hawk

Seattle, WA

#10 Mar 15, 2006
I agree with Miller Montoya is a great passer the quickest hands in the circuit 100% but I think he's missing passion this year hopefully is just my impression
lahni

Auckland, New Zealand

#11 Mar 15, 2006
kimi undoubtedly the best. montoya is to inconsistant and hot headed hes not relxed enough and makes to many mistakes. kimi waits for the right moment and it generaly pays off where as montoya tries to creat a moment and it often turns to custard.
Rex

United States

#12 Mar 15, 2006
JPM is an idiot! Way too hot headed! Good passer or just lucky as many of his passing attempts have ended in disaster! He seems to suffer from bad judgement (read rectal cranial inversion). He's burning bridges everywhere he goes (Wiallims, McLaren) and some before he even gets there. I seriously don't believe he fits the mould of a German run outfit such as BMW, nor a Japanese run outfit such as Honda or Toyota. Ferrari, as Ross Brawn so succinctly put it believe JPM has "NO CLASS". Renault's Flavio Briatore mixed with JPM is surely a recipe for disaster. And Red Bull's Adrian Newey is certainly familiar enough with JPM to advise against that mistake. So who's left? MF-1? Scuderia Torro Rosso? Super Aguri? Any guesses? Don't you think it's funny how Ron Dennis' recent comments regarding Kimi Raikkonen's plans to hopefully remain with McLaren do not even include JPM's future with the team. That says a lot!
Miller

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Mar 16, 2006
Rex what are you talking about? Burning bridges? WilliamsBMW could not develop a competetive car hence the departure of Ralph to Toyota and Juan Pablo to McLaren (signed one year earlier). There is no doubt that Kimi has an advantage with Mclaren since he has been there much longer. Regardless JPM will beat Kimi this year if he gets a reliable car unlike the engine problems he had this past GP.
Juan Pablo never gave Michael the red carpet treatment and has never been intimidated by Ferrari. When he executed that brilliant pass as a rookie in Brazil against MS the media went crazy asking him how he felt passing the great Michael Schumacher. He simply said he (MS) is just another driver is not like he is Senna (JPMs idol). This is why Ross Brawn calls him class less and hot headed, because he never kissed Schumis ass or gave Ferrari the "red carpet treatment".

sandino

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#14 Mar 16, 2006
im totaly agree with you, if the team provide both pilots with fast and reliable cars, nobody knows where´s the money, as i see
it if that happends at the end of the season the standing will be JPM 1, KIMMY 2, ALONSO 3, SCHUMY 4, BUTTOM 5
Rex

United States

#15 Mar 16, 2006
Miller, Don't you get tired of constantly making excuses for that pompous idiot? I don't see Frank Williams or Patrick Head crying over his loss. Truth is they were more than happy to see him go! Question is how marketable is he? Will anyone pay him near the salary as an Alonso, Raikkonen, or Schumacher? Doubtful! So go ahead, tell us another story...
Li Ling

Malaysia

#16 Mar 17, 2006
sandino wrote:
im totaly agree with you, if the team provide both pilots with fast and reliable cars, nobody knows where´s the money, as i see
it if that happends at the end of the season the standing will be JPM 1, KIMMY 2, ALONSO 3, SCHUMY 4, BUTTOM 5
KIMMY SHOULD B THE 1ST PLACE!!!!
Miller

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Mar 17, 2006
In my opinion there are three true racers in F1. Juan Pablo, Kimi and Fernando. MS is highly overrated. My story ends with the three having a close fight for the championship, with JPM winning it at the end. Lets see how the season develops.
f1guy76

AOL

#18 Mar 17, 2006
Why don't some of you guys go and check the stats,, Several drivers and Team owners have voiced their opinion on JPM being one of the great overtakers in the history of formula one,, Why don't you guys go and see the races again in case you are forgetting,, umm let's see Brazil 2001, Germany last year where he started dead last and finished 2nd, not 2rd.. Hockenheim 2003,, many think that was one of the best performances in racing,, if you don't know why,, then go watch the race, Brazil 2004,, where Montoya had the crappy williams and yet Kimmi couldn't past him with the powerful mclaren,, Plus,, who has the formula one lap record?? Not Kimmi,, JPM,, so,,.. why don't you go do your homework and then talk... and about last week in Bahrain,, Montoya had the second fastest lap in qualifying,, with that piece of crap engine... I remeber Senna doing stuff like that,, by the way,, Senna is the greatest ever,, and yes you Schumi fans, MS is great,, but Senna was the and will be the greatest,, again,, go check the stats,,,
OP. Wets Palm Beach
f1guy76

AOL

#19 Mar 17, 2006
Info ,, Schumacher, Kimmi, and Montoya, r the best paid drivers in formula one ,, by a long way... Kimmi beats JP by a million
West Palm Beach,, not wets,, my bad..
Li Ling

Johor Bahru, Malaysia

#20 Mar 18, 2006
Montoya is a bad driver...some of the famous ppl say that!! serious!! i m not lieing..that's why next year he is goin to red bull

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Juan Pablo Montoya Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Juan Pablo Montoya takes pole for Watkins Glen ... (Aug '12) Aug '13 Luca 2
News EGR switching from Earnhardt to Hendrick engines (Nov '12) Nov '12 arthur 1
News NASCAR drivers warn that transition won't be ea... (Aug '06) Oct '12 Simon Belt 66
News Montoya fumes after wreck (Jul '10) Aug '10 Catcare lol 14
News Perfection as imperious Schumacher takes record (Mar '10) Mar '10 jorge quiroz 1
EGR - mac & montoya (Feb '10) Feb '10 claregirl02 1
Bud Shootout 2010 (Feb '10) Feb '10 JPM Argenfan 3
More from around the web