Ganassi changes crew chief lineup, pu...

Ganassi changes crew chief lineup, puts Elledge with Montoya

There are 9 comments on the Scene Daily story from Apr 15, 2008, titled Ganassi changes crew chief lineup, puts Elledge with Montoya. In it, Scene Daily reports that:

“I really feel that these changes can be instrumental in moving Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates to the next level”

Juan Pablo Montoya talks with crew chief Jimmy Elledge and teammate Reed Sorenson earlier this season. via Scene Daily

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Scene Daily.

Fast_fast

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Apr 16, 2008
Is this good for Montoya or for Sorenson?
montoyafan1

Akron, OH

#2 Apr 18, 2008
whats is that all about????how goos is jimmy ??
JPM_Fan

Watsonville, CA

#3 Apr 18, 2008
I really think Donnie was the right crew chief to make JP succesful. Looking at last year, they made the same crew chief swap in the Nationwide Series, and it was good for Reed. I think Chip just wants to keep his cars in the top 35. Don't think he is that interested in making the chase.
Fast_fast

United States

#4 Apr 19, 2008
Yes but is Jimmy better than Donnie? Or is Donnie better and that's why they put him there to help sorenson?
antaurous JP

Montgomery, AL

#5 Apr 25, 2008
I think is going to be a good change dont get me wrong i really like Donnie but look at it this way, Elledge is now crew chief of the best ganassi team in nascar and he is going to work hard to give juan a good car because now he is under a lot more preassure he has to keep improving the team like Donnie was and Donnie has to get reed back in track and about Juan im not worry about him he is a natural if Elledge gives him a good car he'll drive it to the front.
Fast_fast

United States

#6 Apr 29, 2008
I guess with Montoya's second place, it was a good change...
Fast_fast

United States

#7 May 21, 2008
I read somewhere that he's going to have a new crew chief yet again this weekend..
Why???

Since: Aug 07

Morris, IL

#8 May 21, 2008
Ganassi said he will do whatever it takes to get Juan in the chase! I have a feeling that Wango will come on back over in time. Juan has a good personal relationship with Wango and on the scanner Elledge was silent. Another Chip move. He's ruthless, I hope it pays off.
Fast_fast

Anaheim, CA

#9 May 25, 2008
Well, now we found out it's all about politcs. Elledge pissed of a Nascar Official, now Montoya is affected by this. He should have had an advantage in Qualifying becasue he participated in the all star race, yet he qualified in the back of the field due to this change.. That is frustrating..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Juan Pablo Montoya Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Juan Pablo Montoya takes pole for Watkins Glen ... (Aug '12) Aug '13 Luca 2
News EGR switching from Earnhardt to Hendrick engines (Nov '12) Nov '12 arthur 1
News NASCAR drivers warn that transition won't be ea... (Aug '06) Oct '12 Simon Belt 66
News Montoya fumes after wreck (Jul '10) Aug '10 Catcare lol 14
News Perfection as imperious Schumacher takes record (Mar '10) Mar '10 jorge quiroz 1
EGR - mac & montoya (Feb '10) Feb '10 claregirl02 1
Bud Shootout 2010 (Feb '10) Feb '10 JPM Argenfan 3
More from around the web