Take a Free Ride

Take a Free Ride

There are 14 comments on the Jacksonville.com story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Take a Free Ride. In it, Jacksonville.com reports that:

Juan Pablo Montoya never hesitated when Chip Ganassi asked him to drive in this weekend's Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Jacksonville.com.

Since: Aug 07

AOL

#1 Jan 23, 2008
Yeah free, but they get the exposure they need and want.

“DAD Racing”

Since: Jan 08

Senecaville

#2 Jan 29, 2008
I'll drive anything!
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#3 Jan 29, 2008
They did win a very expensive Rolex watch. It must be awesome because they made a point say "They wanted that watch"!

“DAD Racing”

Since: Jan 08

Senecaville

#4 Jan 29, 2008
I thought it was a Tissot watch, That's the official watch of NASCAR
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#5 Jan 29, 2008
DAD Racing wrote:
I thought it was a Tissot watch, That's the official watch of NASCAR
Rolex is the official sponsor of the event hence "Rolex 24 hours of Daytona"!
TB Chief

Decatur, IL

#6 Jan 29, 2008
I don't even think this a Nascar sanctioned event!

AOL

#8 Jan 29, 2008
Big City Bob wrote:
do you think he can read or write, or tell time. send the banana picker back home.
Oh Blob I just new you were the same troll who said this what a month ago! Cowardly beast you are, is the real man behind the troll scared or what?

AOL

#10 Jan 29, 2008
Big City Bob wrote:
Dario can't even get a sponsership,talk is cheap.
Lets go Facing talks out of his A--.
Wrong answer try again!

Chip Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates (CGRFS) announced that Fastenal Company, a leading global industrial and construction supply distributor, has signed a multi-year deal with the team to sponsor driver Dario Franchitti and the #40 Dodge Charger in the 2008 Nationwide Series.
cabal

Bogotá, Colombia

#12 Jan 30, 2008
Big City Blob: ask mom to change your dippers cause you stink!!!

AOL

#13 Jan 30, 2008
Big City Bob wrote:
WOW in the Natinwide Series, did they buy him training wheels to.
So I guess with your limited knowledge you don't know that Dario is on the list of the 50 best drivers? He he, you're really behind!
cabal

Bogotá, Colombia

#14 Jan 30, 2008
let´s see: Montoya won the european F3000 in 1998. Then moved to US CART series in 1999 and won it his rookie year with 7 poles and 7 wins.In 2000 he won the Indy 500 on his first attempt and the Michigan 500 just a week later. From 2001 to 2006 he drove F1 winning at Monaco, Monza (twice), Hockenheim, Sylverstone and Interlagos...achieving a "lame"..."137 starts between the CART, IndyCar and Formula One Series’ where he’s tallied 18 wins, 26 poles, 60 top-five and 79 top-10 finishes. Over his five complete seasons in Formula One, Montoya has finished sixth or better in the standings every year."
Then he came to Nascar and won the Daytona 24 on his first attempt (repeated this year), and won a race in the Nextel cup his rookie year....
Yeah the dude is a taxi driver no doubt...how would your taxi drivers wish they could do the same eh??

AOL

#15 Jan 30, 2008
cabal wrote:
let´s see: Montoya won the european F3000 in 1998. Then moved to US CART series in 1999 and won it his rookie year with 7 poles and 7 wins.In 2000 he won the Indy 500 on his first attempt and the Michigan 500 just a week later. From 2001 to 2006 he drove F1 winning at Monaco, Monza (twice), Hockenheim, Sylverstone and Interlagos...achieving a "lame"..."137 starts between the CART, IndyCar and Formula One Series’ where he’s tallied 18 wins, 26 poles, 60 top-five and 79 top-10 finishes. Over his five complete seasons in Formula One, Montoya has finished sixth or better in the standings every year."
Then he came to Nascar and won the Daytona 24 on his first attempt (repeated this year), and won a race in the Nextel cup his rookie year....
Yeah the dude is a taxi driver no doubt...how would your taxi drivers wish they could do the same eh??
Where have you been? I'll be needing you all season, lol. Make sure you visit the Juan Pablo forum :) Now Montoya needs to get the oval win so that can be off the plate, then they'll think of something else bad to say about him. I kind of think they didn't realize 2 place at the Brickyard is on an oval, now he needs to win this year, he's great there.

AOL

#16 Jan 30, 2008
Btw Cabal that Michigan win was great, most likely due to it being against Andretti Michael that is. Oh hell here's the video.

Loved it and so did Chip.
cabal

Bogotá, Colombia

#17 Jan 30, 2008
Lets go racing wrote:
Btw Cabal that Michigan win was great, most likely due to it being against Andretti Michael that is. Oh hell here's the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =25bHlzCbLuAXX
Loved it and so did Chip.
YESSSSSSS...i agree!!

Experts call the 2000 Michigan 500 finish "the all time all-out racing at it´s very best!!"

I will be around for sure :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Juan Pablo Montoya Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR drivers warn that transition won't be ea... (Aug '06) Mar '17 MakesPhartxx 68
News Montoya in talks with Renault? (Feb '06) Jan '17 wagonball 27
News Juan Pablo Montoya takes pole for Watkins Glen ... (Aug '12) Aug '13 Luca 2
News EGR switching from Earnhardt to Hendrick engines (Nov '12) Nov '12 arthur 1
News Montoya fumes after wreck (Jul '10) Aug '10 Catcare lol 14
News Perfection as imperious Schumacher takes record (Mar '10) Mar '10 jorge quiroz 1
EGR - mac & montoya (Feb '10) Feb '10 claregirl02 1
More from around the web