Montoya rebuffs Schu criticism

Montoya rebuffs Schu criticism

There are 307 comments on the The Press Association story from Jan 17, 2007, titled Montoya rebuffs Schu criticism. In it, The Press Association reports that:

Juan Pablo Montoya has rounded on Michael Schumacher after the seven-times Formula One world champion criticised NASCAR.Montoya was effectively axed by McLaren midway through last season after surprisingly ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Press Association.

Brad

United States

#21 Jan 25, 2007
Dan wrote:
How are my options baseless? everthing i have said if 100%fact.. Mayb i have an ego but its surpassed by yours.. I watch NASCAR and like it but when you compare it to a sport like formula 1 it falls at every hurdle..Montoya has Failed in F1 in on of the best cars so he has moved to the us where he has a chance of winning a championship the us is the only place has a won anything.... When Montoya was in F1 he was consistanlys being penalised because he couldnt cope with the rules.. I also has how great Montoyas first race was.......(MIND THE WALL)
Montoya has failed in F1? Meaning what? He never won title? Well by that definition Kimi has failed in F1,so has Button,DC,Rubens,Fisi and well everyone else except Alonso. According to you the entire 2007 F1 grid are failures except Alonso.
JPM still holds the fastest lap ever set in an F1 car (Monza 2002). So you could call him the fastest man in the history of F1. He won 7 races and set 13 poles-the great Kimi has only won 9 races and set 11 poles. He's the only one who took it to Michael when Ferrari was unbeatable. He came close to winning the title in 2003 (if the stewards didn't penalise him in Indy for doing the unthinkable, passing a Ferrari on track, he would have won the title). So if that's an F1 failure, what's a success?
For God Sakes he looks like the reincarnation of Ayrton Senna compared to the current F1 grid: Scott Speed? Nick Heidfeld? Mark Webber? Old Ass DC? Trulli? Ralf?...are you kidding me? The current issue of F1 Racing Magazine in on newstands now. In it the have a panel of 29 F1 experts decide who are the fastest F1 drivers in History. Juan (Mr. F1 Failure) Montoya is number 25. Do you know who is above him that is on the current F1 grid? Kimi (13) and Alonso (8)..that's it. If he's such a failure why does he command so much respect from F1 experts and the current F1 boys get so little? Truth is the corporate F1 world has little use for guys like Montoya anymore. They are looking for guys like Schumacher who drive like business men-risk little, make good decisions, play it safe, don't overtake on track, wait for the guy in front to pit then turn fast laps. If you don't believe me look at all the shit Kimi is taking for having a few drinks. Ron Dennis has outlawed his driver from drinking at anytime during the season(like that is the reason Kimi never won). Very corporate, very F1 , very un-Montoya.
Brad

United States

#22 Jan 25, 2007
Mark SA wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the way u think Dan seems like the yanks think they know everything , and if any form of sport is not played or invented by a yanks they dont recognise it . Dit u notice that all forms of sport either played or practised is always very simple . Never seen a nascar driver go to F1 and win mind you i dont recall a indy series driver winning a F1 championship either
Ever heard of Mario Andretti? Like all great racing drivers (regardless of where they come from ) Mario raced anything. NASCAR's, F1, Indy, Baja 1000 buggies,trucks,etc. Montoya's the same way. He's racing in the Rolex 24 hour race this weekend. He's a racer. Period. Michael is an F1 driver. Period. Michael was good driving f1 cars but that's it!! He's not a racer. He's a business man, that happens to be able to drive an F1 car. But nothing else.
Larry

Catskill, NY

#23 Jan 25, 2007
Mark SA wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the way u think Dan seems like the yanks think they know everything , and if any form of sport is not played or invented by a yanks they dont recognise it . Dit u notice that all forms of sport either played or practised is always very simple . Never seen a nascar driver go to F1 and win mind you i dont recall a indy series driver winning a F1 championship either
What a moronic statement! Virtually any sport in the world can be found here in the US to one degree or another. The fact that many of them don't appeal to us as much as they do to you means that we must be ignorant and inferior to you. Right! And you have the nerve to accuse us of having big egos! Are you that threatened by us that you think you can only respond with insults? I'd rather be discussing racing. It doesn't threaten me to discuss NASCAR's problems and shortcomings. As soon as someone says anything negative about F1 guys like you get all paranoid and start slinging insults. F1 isn't what it was. It isn't what it should be. It's become a series that showcases technology at the expense of the racing. I say that as someone who has followed racing probably since before you were born. The first race I saw was the Indy 500. Jimmy Clark was in it. You do the math.
You know what's really amusing? If you were to strip down that F1 car you are so proud of you will find that a large percentage of the technology and a good number of the parts come from the US. Then you tell us how superior you are to us because you have that technology. Amazing!
Brad

United States

#24 Jan 25, 2007
Dan wrote:
This is a reply the the totally rubbish comments made by Alberto.. Schumacher is a 7 times world champion for a reason, that reason is because he is the best driver. f1 is a sport where as nascar is a bunch of rednecks driving round in a circle. If you put a corner on one or the nascar track the drivers would probly get out of there car and hold a meeting about wat the should do about it because it would confuse them.... they would probly then decide to just sleep with there sister and go home. Montoya has been beaten by his team mate Kimi Raikkonen at every race. Schumacher joined Ferrari when there were midgriders and he pushed them forward into what they are now... Champions
Schumacher also raced for Bennetton. Before Schumacher started ther Bennetton were the back markers Schumacher totally destroyed all the other drivers and won two championships and his team mates rarly made it into the points... Schumachers first team was Jordan he only had 1 race with them and it lasted not even 1 lap but he proved himself a champion. Montoya joined 2 teams in his f1 carrear ther were front runners but he still failed to shine... BUT MONTOYA WILL BECOME A NASCAR CHAMPION because the other drivers had as much talent a s-club 7... ALSO when it comes to insulting people.. Montoya wrote the book
"when it comes to insulting people Montoya wrote the book"? Well when it comes to insulting fans Michael is the King. Who else would pretend to stall his car around a 10 mph turn during qualifying at Monaco and then lie to his fans that it was an accident? Name a champion in any form of racing that had an entire season worth of points taken away because of poor sportsmanship (dickhead Michael in 1997 after running into Villenuve)? Your F1 7-time champ is the most penalised racer in the history of F1!!! Your F1 hero has his mate (Rubens) pull over for him on the last turn on the last lap of a race in 2004 which Rubens out qualified him and led the whole race. Then lied again that he didn't know that's how it was going down... that's why he's a "nobody" here in the US. The more compelling question is why would anyone admire such an athlete?
Jnort

Dublin, Ireland

#25 Jan 26, 2007
Michael not a racer?...come on!! Lets get real here, Michael was probably the best racer we've ever seen and surely I dont need to expand on that. You dont need to jump around through different series to be recognised as a racer.
There's lots of good what i'd call solid drivers but Michael is definately in a different category - up there with Senna and co.
Michael may be an F1 driver period....but he is definately one of the greatest racers too, am I wrong??
Brad

Livonia, MI

#26 Jan 26, 2007
Jnort wrote:
Michael not a racer?...come on!! Lets get real here, Michael was probably the best racer we've ever seen and surely I dont need to expand on that. You dont need to jump around through different series to be recognised as a racer.
There's lots of good what i'd call solid drivers but Michael is definately in a different category - up there with Senna and co.
Michael may be an F1 driver period....but he is definately one of the greatest racers too, am I wrong??
Yes, you're wrong. Even in the only series we've really seen him in F1, he doesn't race people. He manages races. He belonged to a team that refused to let their other driver compete against him. Eddie Irvine,Rubens,Massa were simply there to support Michael. That's a huge advantage. Wiliams,Mclaren always had two guys racing each other and the field. Michael never, ever pushes a car that isn't performing perfectly. Watch the races from 2005, he had all kinds of trouble getting around backmarkers. His overtaking abilities are minimal. But his type of driving doesn't require overtaking abilities. That type of "business man" driving does it's real work with a clear track (after the guy in front of you has pitted) or on out laps.
Montoya knows this about Schumacher. He has pushed him (with an inferior car) and seen him blink many times (Brazil 2001,Indy 2001, Spa 2002, Spa bus stop 2004-one of the great overtaking moves of all time, European GP 2003 beached poor Michael when he came up on the outside of him,etc,etc). That's why he laughes when Michael says that NASCAR style racing offers him no challenge. Montoya pointed out that Michael would have a "heart attack" if he was ever a half second off pace in a NASCAR event. Heart attack....that may be a bit too strong, but he would surely have a "panic attack."
Jnort

Dublin, Ireland

#27 Jan 26, 2007
Your opinion is that i'm wrong, which of course you're entitled to, but by the same token my opinion is that i'm right. I should probably narrow things down. I'm saying that Michael is probably the best F1 racer the world has seen, not NASCAR and not any other series etc because that would be incorrect but one could assume his ability would put him up at the sharp end. Its not that Michael doesn't race people? You cannot categorically say that he doesn't race and overtake, thats simply incorrect.
What Michael has done throughout his career is absolutely maximise his opportunities and chances of taking the title.'06 along has produced some of his greatest racing.
Of course he pushes cars that are not performaing properly. I'm surprised you say this. This is what gave Michael the respect he deserves as its in poor car that he really excells relative to competition. He has always been noted as being able to get the maximum form a package and this was particularly obvious when he won races and titles he shouldn't have. eg Spain 96, Monaco 97, the incredible Hungary and Monza 98 to name a few. Ferrari shouldn't have been challenging for the title in 97 but because of Michael they were. The 98 Ferrari was a dog that ate its tyres and he dragged that to a last race dual. Just thinking of that race, he was up to third from last as he did many times throughout his career, I mean I could keep going.
Yes he has waited for the guy in front to pit, then jump position and those few laps before he pitted are the best F1 laps you will find. You dont have to be a hero all the time you know.
Brazil 01 - Brilliant, but I wonder if Michael had pulled the same manouvre on Montoya i.e. their little touch, would Montoya have taken it so well? Or even nurburg '03 - if Michael did that to Montoya we'd still be hearing about.
You've listed times when Montoya overtook, great - his talent is missed, but the corresponding list for Michael is way more impressive. Although the dual between Kimi and Montoya in Hockenheim ('02 - i think) was unbelievable.
In fact you could wright a very long list for the 06 Brazil GP.......Michaels move on Kimi, fabulous
Brad

Livonia, MI

#28 Jan 26, 2007
Jnort wrote:
Your opinion is that i'm wrong, which of course you're entitled to, but by the same token my opinion is that i'm right. I should probably narrow things down. I'm saying that Michael is probably the best F1 racer the world has seen, not NASCAR and not any other series etc because that would be incorrect but one could assume his ability would put him up at the sharp end. Its not that Michael doesn't race people? You cannot categorically say that he doesn't race and overtake, thats simply incorrect.
What Michael has done throughout his career is absolutely maximise his opportunities and chances of taking the title.'06 along has produced some of his greatest racing.
Of course he pushes cars that are not performaing properly. I'm surprised you say this. This is what gave Michael the respect he deserves as its in poor car that he really excells relative to competition. He has always been noted as being able to get the maximum form a package and this was particularly obvious when he won races and titles he shouldn't have. eg Spain 96, Monaco 97, the incredible Hungary and Monza 98 to name a few. Ferrari shouldn't have been challenging for the title in 97 but because of Michael they were. The 98 Ferrari was a dog that ate its tyres and he dragged that to a last race dual. Just thinking of that race, he was up to third from last as he did many times throughout his career, I mean I could keep going.
Yes he has waited for the guy in front to pit, then jump position and those few laps before he pitted are the best F1 laps you will find. You dont have to be a hero all the time you know.
Brazil 01 - Brilliant, but I wonder if Michael had pulled the same manouvre on Montoya i.e. their little touch, would Montoya have taken it so well? Or even nurburg '03 - if Michael did that to Montoya we'd still be hearing about.
You've listed times when Montoya overtook, great - his talent is missed, but the corresponding list for Michael is way more impressive. Although the dual between Kimi and Montoya in Hockenheim ('02 - i think) was unbelievable.
In fact you could wright a very long list for the 06 Brazil GP.......Michaels move on Kimi, fabulous
Senna,I think, was the greatest F1 driver. You're right, I was just giving my opinion about Michael. If you feel that he's the greatest I can only argue. There is no right or wrong.
Juan Fan

Limerick, Ireland

#29 Jan 26, 2007
I think one of you guys quoted the article in the F1 Racing magazine about the quickest drivers and sure enough apart from the obvious MS,KR and FA, JPM is the only other contempory F1 driver included in a list of 50. Much and all as it was nice to see that, I also thought the fact that the magazine printed an article on JPMs Nascar career was a sign of JPMs popularity within the F1 community despite his ignominious exit. For those who havnt seen the magazine, there was also an article about Ferrari and what was described(from my memory) as the circle of fear when it came to decisions being made on how to optimise there race stragedy, bend the rules, basically do whatever it took to win. I think it would be disingenuous to castigate a man who has won 7 world championships but any of us who have watched Schumacher over the years have seen the lengths he will go to win. That was just the Ferrari way.

My level of excitement this year compared to other years for the f1 season has waned somewhat even though with so much movement this year with the drivers, Adrian Newey at Red Bull and the exit of Schumacher, you would say that it should be at least interesting.
Dan

UK

#30 Jan 26, 2007
Thank you Mark nice 2 know some1 is on my side because the peolpe who disagree are the AMERICANS LARRY...the hans device was introdused to the nascar series in 2001 all the drivers agreed to wer them apart from Earnhart.. thats why the rule was neva inforced.... untill he died. the words he said were (I havent headbutted my steering wheel yet and i havent pulled my brain yet so i dont need no HANS device) Famous last words of a hero dont you think.??
Also i think you will find out that most of the hitech technology in Formula 1 is developed in Europe! mainly Germany and France also what famous nascar drives have gone onto glory in other forms of motorsport..... The drivers which i wrote. are the olny drives the rest of the world have heard off. go 2 any other country and say DALE EARNHART peolpe will probly think he is a singer. NASCAR cant be considerd a serious sport!! if there is advance technology or areodyanmatic technology avaliable but the orginers deside not 2 use it??? that is like Ferrari Lanching a new car that can only do 100mph and saying it could go faster but we didnt want to spend more that $50 on the devlopment..(stupid dont you think) Also have you ever watcher BORAT....
Brad

Livonia, MI

#31 Jan 26, 2007
Dan wrote:
How are my options baseless? everthing i have said if 100%fact.. Mayb i have an ego but its surpassed by yours.. I watch NASCAR and like it but when you compare it to a sport like formula 1 it falls at every hurdle..Montoya has Failed in F1 in on of the best cars so he has moved to the us where he has a chance of winning a championship the us is the only place has a won anything.... When Montoya was in F1 he was consistanlys being penalised because he couldnt cope with the rules.. I also has how great Montoyas first race was.......(MIND THE WALL)
I'm still waiting for your list of current F1 drivers that are successful. You've already explained that JPM was a failure and I asked who other than Alonso would you consider a success? You never answered.
By the way, have you ever seen Borat?
Alvaro

United States

#32 Jan 26, 2007
Hey dan, The material used for F1 racecar bodies and driver's helmets is a carbon fiber composite discovered and invented by an ignorant redneck american named Thomas Edison. The HANS safety system by some backwoods hillbilly university in Michigan USA. Titanium used in the engine, exhaust and other materials in the car and driver equipment was first manufactured by some fat overweight ignorant Anerican chemist named M.A. Hunter. Those F1 guys really like to use the stuff a bunch of apes from the new world keep inventing. I got a long list of other stuff we invented that will make you go round and round and round.
Dan

UK

#33 Jan 26, 2007
Brad i have seen Borat it protrays Americans in a true light..........
Currrent and pass Formula 1 drivers are...
Michael Schumacher 7 times a world champion
Jackie Stewart.. 3 times a World chamption and former chairman of the brdc
Damon Hill 1 times a formula 1 world champion and current chairm,an of the brdc
Miki Hakkinen 2times w/c
Nigel Mansell 1 times W/C nd indy car champion on his 1st try
Fangio
Senna
Prost
Clark
Piquet
Brabham
Graham Hill
Lauda
Hunt
Jones
Rosberg.......... shall i continue......
Alvaro

United States

#34 Jan 26, 2007
You watch too many movies Dan. If you judge a whole society based on a movie you should turn off the tv and go out for a change. If you can't then I apologize.
Brad

Detroit, MI

#35 Jan 27, 2007
Dan wrote:
Brad i have seen Borat it protrays Americans in a true light..........
Currrent and pass Formula 1 drivers are...
Michael Schumacher 7 times a world champion
Jackie Stewart.. 3 times a World chamption and former chairman of the brdc
Damon Hill 1 times a formula 1 world champion and current chairm,an of the brdc
Miki Hakkinen 2times w/c
Nigel Mansell 1 times W/C nd indy car champion on his 1st try
Fangio
Senna
Prost
Clark
Piquet
Brabham
Graham Hill
Lauda
Hunt
Jones
Rosberg.......... shall i continue......
Borat portrays America in a true light? OK...Dan it's a movie. It's a comedy Dan.I thought it was funny. But I think it's high time you push yourself away from you computer screen and go out and experince the world. You may learn something.
By the way that list of yours. Did any of those drivers ,other than Michael, ever have their points for an entire season surrendered because of poor sportsmanship? Tell me how many points Michael scored in 1997? Can't find it in the record book can you? That's because they were taken from him for bad sportsmanship. Pathetic.

Since: Jan 07

Ploiesti, Romania

#36 Jan 27, 2007
what was considered bad sportsmannship in F 1 is an usual behawiour in NASCAR and CART. if that is pathetic for MS must be for NASCAR tooooooooo.
Brad

Detroit, MI

#37 Jan 27, 2007
romanian wolf wrote:
what was considered bad sportsmannship in F 1 is an usual behawiour in NASCAR and CART. if that is pathetic for MS must be for NASCAR tooooooooo.
Not only are Michael's actions sad, he lies about them. That's the part I find pathetic. Did you hear him after Monaco? Did you see the on board view? You don't need to know one thing about racing to know he did it intentionally. Why not just say I made a bad decision I'm sorry? He knows his fans will believe anything he says so he exploits that trust. His actions on the track are sad but how he explains it to his fans is pathetic.
Raiko fan

Dhaka, Bangladesh

#38 Jan 27, 2007
Jnort wrote:
Your opinion is that i'm wrong, which of course you're entitled to, but by the same token my opinion is that i'm right. I should probably narrow things down. I'm saying that Michael is probably the best F1 racer the world has seen, not NASCAR and not any other series etc because that would be incorrect but one could assume his ability would put him up at the sharp end. Its not that Michael doesn't race people? You cannot categorically say that he doesn't race and overtake, thats simply incorrect.
What Michael has done throughout his career is absolutely maximise his opportunities and chances of taking the title.'06 along has produced some of his greatest racing.
Of course he pushes cars that are not performaing properly. I'm surprised you say this. This is what gave Michael the respect he deserves as its in poor car that he really excells relative to competition. He has always been noted as being able to get the maximum form a package and this was particularly obvious when he won races and titles he shouldn't have. eg Spain 96, Monaco 97, the incredible Hungary and Monza 98 to name a few. Ferrari shouldn't have been challenging for the title in 97 but because of Michael they were. The 98 Ferrari was a dog that ate its tyres and he dragged that to a last race dual. Just thinking of that race, he was up to third from last as he did many times throughout his career, I mean I could keep going.
Yes he has waited for the guy in front to pit, then jump position and those few laps before he pitted are the best F1 laps you will find. You dont have to be a hero all the time you know.
Brazil 01 - Brilliant, but I wonder if Michael had pulled the same manouvre on Montoya i.e. their little touch, would Montoya have taken it so well? Or even nurburg '03 - if Michael did that to Montoya we'd still be hearing about.
You've listed times when Montoya overtook, great - his talent is missed, but the corresponding list for Michael is way more impressive. Although the dual between Kimi and Montoya in Hockenheim ('02 - i think) was unbelievable.
In fact you could wright a very long list for the 06 Brazil GP.......Michaels move on Kimi, fabulous
hey Jnort... what i think, very few people here dont know the meanig of team work... if a driver has to win a particular race to win the wc, while is team mate is leading that race, who is not even fighting for the wc, then i think the most wisest decision for that team is to let schumi pass barichelo and let schumi win the race...
sure montoyo is a great driver and his overtaking moves were marvelous. but in case of schumi, man he was awesomeeee!!!! whoever says he dont push to max if he has a bad car, then he might be mad... 05 was the biggest example... montoyo and fishella had a car that were 1000 times better then that of schumi's ****** ferrari.... but still he managed to become 3rd...
anyway i agree that schumi's misdeeds were totally unfair... it was the most stupidest thing to do....was he crazy?? 90% of the time in the race, he is always in the spotlight!!! what a jerk he was when doing that...
anyway the overtaking move in brazil 06 on kimi was ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!! though kimi didnt have a good car, but what i think is that schumi proved that he is the best there ever was in f1.. like in monza06, where kimi did have a perfect car, but still wasnt able to beat schumi... this is my totally neutral decision... though im a kimi fan, but it wont prevent me to uncover the fact...
but 07 season winner is still very unpredictable, as its an open season, now that schumi has gone and all top drivers changing teams... man i cant wait!!! and have a good day my friend..
Larry

Catskill, NY

#39 Jan 27, 2007
Dan wrote:
Thank you Mark nice 2 know some1 is on my side because the peolpe who disagree are the AMERICANS LARRY...the hans device was introdused to the nascar series in 2001 all the drivers agreed to wer them apart from Earnhart.. thats why the rule was neva inforced.... untill he died. the words he said were (I havent headbutted my steering wheel yet and i havent pulled my brain yet so i dont need no HANS device) Famous last words of a hero dont you think.??
Also i think you will find out that most of the hitech technology in Formula 1 is developed in Europe! mainly Germany and France also what famous nascar drives have gone onto glory in other forms of motorsport..... The drivers which i wrote. are the olny drives the rest of the world have heard off. go 2 any other country and say DALE EARNHART peolpe will probly think he is a singer. NASCAR cant be considerd a serious sport!! if there is advance technology or areodyanmatic technology avaliable but the orginers deside not 2 use it??? that is like Ferrari Lanching a new car that can only do 100mph and saying it could go faster but we didnt want to spend more that $50 on the devlopment..(stupid dont you think) Also have you ever watcher BORAT....
Where do you get your information from? Are you stupid or just clueless? At the time of Earnhardts death NASCAR had no policy about the HANS. It's use was purely voluntary. It was still being tested because of driver concerns that it limited movement and vision. It was mandated later in the season. Many drivers spent the remainder of the season fighting the mandate. Tony Stewart was especially vocal. There is still no certainty that it would have saved Dale's life because there were other factors involved in his death besides the lack of a HANS.
As far as US developed technology being used in F1, well kid, the list is long. Quite long. For the last 75 years the US has been the world's leading developer of technology. The reason is simple. We've spent more money on research and development then all of the rest of the world combined. The amount of technology from our military and aerospace programs is staggering. Here's a short list of what F1 uses: Carbon fiber and composits, carbon brakes,C&C machines(absolutely vital in producing precision parts),high temp silicon sealers, specialized coatings,data acquisition and telemetry,CAD programs,computers,the Internet,cell phones,satellite communications,and the list goes on. Many F1 engineers received their degrees in the US and a number of US engineers work for F1 teams. A good part of the book on aeordynamics (so vital to F1) was written by NACA (now NASA) and places like the Skunk Works at Lockheed. Many of our technologies have been modified and improved upon by others around the world,but their roots are here. There have also been incredible technologies developed all over the world.
You are so proud of F1 tech, but you know nothing about where much of it comes from.You rely on dumb stereotypes and dumber movies to pump up your ego. Get out in the world when you grow up kid. You'll find out that people are pretty much the same wherever you go.
Dan

UK

#40 Jan 27, 2007
BRAD... if you think Schumachers actions were bad then may b you should take a look around look at Ayrton Senna...in 1989 in suzuka he said that if prost over takes him he would crash his car into him....... which he did he wasnt disqualifyed..... also "RUBBINGS RACING" as you Americans say....
And how can you people tell me 2 go out ahd "experiance life" if all that you do is watch documantrys. about CARBON FIBRE "Toal total total losers...geat a bloody life...I have a qusetion who invented.cotton wall you probly know (larry and alvaro) do u live in a libary..... I feel sorry for the girls who falls 4 u.... your 1st date would probly b to a science center..."LOOK DARLING AT ATOM......."WOW and the hans deviecs was knowlege to nascar and in the devlopemont when they tried to get the drivers to use it Earnhard refused......
BRAD schumacher. done the same thing to Damon Hill in 1996 and got away with it because he won the championship that day... if schumacher had won that race in Jerez 1997 when he hit villeneuve. he would have got away with it then because the FIA wouldnt disqualify a champion.... just look at 1989 1996 1997. in 1994 the FIA dont everthing they could to try and let Hill win the championship.. because of sennas death.... and what about Montoya in monaco 2005 when he blocked Villeneuve and ralf 2 make them crash in the practice session. or in canada when exiting the pitlane and overtaking Coulthard when the pitlane was CLOSED. under a safetycar AND DONT FORGET mONTOYA DIDNT QUIT at Mclaren he was FIRED..... Not a NASCAR race goes by without a crash (great viewing) but untalented drivers..LARRY we get the point Americans invented CARBON FIBRE..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Juan Pablo Montoya Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR drivers warn that transition won't be ea... (Aug '06) Mar '17 MakesPhartxx 68
News Montoya in talks with Renault? (Feb '06) Jan '17 wagonball 27
News Juan Pablo Montoya takes pole for Watkins Glen ... (Aug '12) Aug '13 Luca 2
News EGR switching from Earnhardt to Hendrick engines (Nov '12) Nov '12 arthur 1
News Montoya fumes after wreck (Jul '10) Aug '10 Catcare lol 14
News Perfection as imperious Schumacher takes record (Mar '10) Mar '10 jorge quiroz 1
EGR - mac & montoya (Feb '10) Feb '10 claregirl02 1
More from around the web