Villeneuve will fit in well here -- O...

Villeneuve will fit in well here -- OrlandoSentinel.com

There are 84 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Aug 31, 2007, titled Villeneuve will fit in well here -- OrlandoSentinel.com. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Call him Jack. No need dragging out the "J" in Jacques to make it "Zhock." That's the kind of guy Jacques Villeneuve is, entirely at home on either side of the Atlantic.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
db mullet

Saint Augustine, FL

#1 Aug 31, 2007
jack's back!
yee-haw, mon ami... yee-freakin-haw!

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#2 Aug 31, 2007
Oh well there goes any class the truck series might ever have had.
Hold on

AOL

#3 Aug 31, 2007
Ol Bob get back out there and tend to your cousin.
gil

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Aug 31, 2007
yahoo.. jocks going to this and jocks going to do that. jocks going to take us to a new level.. who gives a shit..

Since: Aug 07

AOL

#5 Aug 31, 2007
gil wrote:
yahoo.. jocks going to this and jocks going to do that. jocks going to take us to a new level.. who gives a shit..
Me and it's Jacques, lol.
Bill

Calgary, Canada

#6 Sep 2, 2007
A great article. I've followed J.V.'s career closely from day one and his father Gilles' prior to that. In F1 they said 'Jacques is back'. Now in N.A. they can say 'Jack is back'. I'll be watching closely from Edmonton, Canada.
sealsrock

Canada

#7 Sep 9, 2007
He'll bring a little excitement to the sport, I'm sure.

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#8 Sep 9, 2007
Yip he can sing the national anthem before each race
cire57

Charny, Canada

#9 Sep 12, 2007
Had the privilege metting J.V. during the summer of 2004 in Montreal. As he signed my 24 Jeff Gordon cap the only thing the only thing I told him was: " Mr. Villeneuve we are waiting for you at Daytona".
Apparently a dream of mine is starting to take shape.
A modern Mario Andretti !
If J.V. ever win the Daytona 500 I will have lived to see a feat that will, probably, never be repeated....

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#10 Sep 12, 2007
Cire57, what have you been smoking.

Since: Apr 07

Chesterfield, MO

#11 Sep 12, 2007
cire57 wrote:
Had the privilege metting J.V. during the summer of 2004 in Montreal. As he signed my 24 Jeff Gordon cap the only thing the only thing I told him was: " Mr. Villeneuve we are waiting for you at Daytona".
Apparently a dream of mine is starting to take shape.
A modern Mario Andretti !
If J.V. ever win the Daytona 500 I will have lived to see a feat that will, probably, never be repeated....
You are comparing Villeneuve to Andretti?

Let me clue you in on something - The only thing that Andretti and JV have in common are the Indy 500 and the F1 Championship.

The similarities end there.

Mario Andretti:

1967 Daytona 500 Champion
1969 Pikes Peak Hill Climb Winner
Sebring 12 Winner 1967 1970 1972
1972 Rolex 24 Winner
1974 USAC National Dirt Champion
1978 F1 World Champion
1978/79 IROC Series Champion
IndyCar Series Champion 1965 1966 1969 1984
1990 International Motorsports Hall of Fame ind.
2000 AP Co Driver of the Century

That's the short list of accomplishments.

People have started cliche's to honor Andretti. No cop ever stopped anybody for speeding and asked "Who do you think you are driving like that, Jaques Velleneuve?"

Dood, JV has shown great talent but he has also shown a ego that eclipses it. He's got some growing up to do if he's going to do NASCAR. This is a whole different world, and if JV ever wins the Daytona 500, I will personally walk into Victory Lane and bow to him, and tell him that he is a racing God.

He's gotta qualify first.

His shelf live in NASCAR should be a year.

Since: Aug 07

AOL

#12 Sep 12, 2007
MarkL5 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are comparing Villeneuve to Andretti?
Let me clue you in on something - The only thing that Andretti and JV have in common are the Indy 500 and the F1 Championship.
The similarities end there.
Mario Andretti:
1967 Daytona 500 Champion
1969 Pikes Peak Hill Climb Winner
Sebring 12 Winner 1967 1970 1972
1972 Rolex 24 Winner
1974 USAC National Dirt Champion
1978 F1 World Champion
1978/79 IROC Series Champion
IndyCar Series Champion 1965 1966 1969 1984
1990 International Motorsports Hall of Fame ind.
2000 AP Co Driver of the Century
That's the short list of accomplishments.
People have started cliche's to honor Andretti. No cop ever stopped anybody for speeding and asked "Who do you think you are driving like that, Jaques Velleneuve?"
Dood, JV has shown great talent but he has also shown a ego that eclipses it. He's got some growing up to do if he's going to do NASCAR. This is a whole different world, and if JV ever wins the Daytona 500, I will personally walk into Victory Lane and bow to him, and tell him that he is a racing God.
He's gotta qualify first.
His shelf live in NASCAR should be a year.
Oh but Foyt is the king of them all :)

Since: Apr 07

Chesterfield, MO

#13 Sep 12, 2007
Id take Andretti, Foyt, Gurney, Petty, Gordon, Earnhardt, Donohue, Clark, Hill, and about seventy other guys over JV any day.

He's as overrated as Michigan football.
Junior Blows

Dryden, Canada

#14 Sep 12, 2007
MarkL5 wrote:
Id take Andretti, Foyt, Gurney, Petty, Gordon, Earnhardt, Donohue, Clark, Hill, and about seventy other guys over JV any day.
He's as overrated as Michigan football.
How many winners of Indy have made up an extra lap doing it?
The guy is definately a very tallented driver and by his own admission doesn't want to advance ahead of his learning curve. BUT when he and Slugger feel it's time,...LOOK OUT because he will be coming wide open. And pity Harvick if he tries the $hit on JV he's pulled on Montoya. Those Quebec french/indians are nuts!

Since: Apr 07

United States

#15 Sep 12, 2007
JV won the Indy 500 because Scott Goodyear was penalized on a questionable restart. Goodyear had the fastest car, and his was the first car across the line after 500 miles. If not for the benefit of various full-course cautions Villenuve would never have been in contention.

He got lucky.

Do you really think that the 32 drivers that he drove against that day will put up the resistance that 42 of the best stock car drivers in the world will in a Cup race?

Wow.
Dale Who

Dryden, Canada

#16 Sep 13, 2007
MarkL5 wrote:
JV won the Indy 500 because Scott Goodyear was penalized on a questionable restart. Goodyear had the fastest car, and his was the first car across the line after 500 miles. If not for the benefit of various full-course cautions Villenuve would never have been in contention.
He got lucky.
Do you really think that the 32 drivers that he drove against that day will put up the resistance that 42 of the best stock car drivers in the world will in a Cup race?
Wow.
Ya he got lucky...
What about all the other races he won? JUst Real Lucky?
How about how his own team screwed him over his first year in F1?
Slow pitstop in the last race gave his win and the points he needed to his team mate.
No I don't think the 32 he drove against that day will even be on the track with him and he hill only have to worry about maybe 20 that will be on the track when he finally hits the track in cup.
He is a good driver with enough experience to keep his aggressiveness in check and use it when he needs it.
Rocky London UK

Manchester, UK

#17 Sep 13, 2007
JV has a big ego and a big mouth! JV spends most of his time slagging off other Drivers who can kick his ass! on the race track. He never achieved the status that his father did and never will! He is a brainless twat who is a phoney F1 'champion'. If he's so good -why was he sacked from the F1 williams team after winning the title?? It's because whoever sat in the car would have won the F1 title that year and thats a fact! JV do us all a favour - Get your ass out of Motor racing and ritire asap! Your crap as a driver and your evaluations on F1 are utter crap! Thank God you left F1!

Since: Aug 07

AOL

#18 Sep 13, 2007
Rocky London UK wrote:
JV has a big ego and a big mouth! JV spends most of his time slagging off other Drivers who can kick his ass! on the race track. He never achieved the status that his father did and never will! He is a brainless twat who is a phoney F1 'champion'. If he's so good -why was he sacked from the F1 williams team after winning the title?? It's because whoever sat in the car would have won the F1 title that year and thats a fact! JV do us all a favour - Get your ass out of Motor racing and ritire asap! Your crap as a driver and your evaluations on F1 are utter crap! Thank God you left F1!
I have a question who do you like really? Do you like any drivers? Do you say anything positive, I'm starting to wonder really.

Since: Aug 07

AOL

#19 Sep 13, 2007
Junior Blows wrote:
<quoted text>
How many winners of Indy have made up an extra lap doing it?
The guy is definately a very tallented driver and by his own admission doesn't want to advance ahead of his learning curve. BUT when he and Slugger feel it's time,...LOOK OUT because he will be coming wide open. And pity Harvick if he tries the $hit on JV he's pulled on Montoya. Those Quebec french/indians are nuts!
Like Montoya wouldn't do anything? I think alot of statements about all these guys are made from lack of information. I think JV is a good driver and will do well because I've watched him. JPM was trying to explain to Harvick he was hit from behind. Get it? That's not to say next time he'll be so nice about it. If anything JPM was the bad boy of F-1 not Jacques Villenueve, again just sticking up for my driver, nothing personal.

Since: Aug 07

AOL

#20 Sep 13, 2007
MarkL5 wrote:
JV won the Indy 500 because Scott Goodyear was penalized on a questionable restart. Goodyear had the fastest car, and his was the first car across the line after 500 miles. If not for the benefit of various full-course cautions Villenuve would never have been in contention.
He got lucky.
Do you really think that the 32 drivers that he drove against that day will put up the resistance that 42 of the best stock car drivers in the world will in a Cup race?
Wow.
The whole race is luck, the fastest driver doesn't always win, the best driver doesn't always win, the best strategy doesn't always win life is a game of luck. Don't dimiss this so easy JV is a talented driver. Compared to his father no he not close but to dismiss him is wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacques Villeneuve Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR drivers warn that transition won't be ea... (Aug '06) Oct '12 Simon Belt 66
News Say goodnight to bad guy Jacques Villeneuve (Aug '12) Aug '12 Sean Hannity 4
News 2014 F1 engine supplier 'Pure' hits roadblock (Jul '12) Jul '12 Bob 1
News Nelson Piquet Jr. holds on for Nationwide Serie... (Jun '12) Jun '12 F1 Funatic 5
News Williams admits Newey mistake (Feb '12) Feb '12 TS Konverter 3
News Analysis: what will Renault do? (Feb '11) Aug '11 F1 Funatic 14
News Villeneuve to drive Nationwide event in Montreal (May '11) May '11 WillieMillie 3
More from around the web