Ecclestone plays down Schumacher exit

Ecclestone plays down Schumacher exit

There are 7 comments on the F1-live.com story from Oct 11, 2006, titled Ecclestone plays down Schumacher exit. In it, F1-live.com reports that:

Juan Pablo Montoya is a bigger loss to formula one than the similarly departed Jacques Villeneuve, according to FOM President Bernie Ecclestone.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at F1-live.com.

steve landry

Nagoya, Japan

#1 Oct 13, 2006
Why compare????
Different drivers with different attitudes...
From what I know, Ecclestone does not like drivers with attitudes, or opinions. So , why pay attention to what he says..... He's not driving!
steve landry

Nagoya, Japan

#2 Oct 13, 2006
Also, Montoya had a great car and did not win any championship....
What a lost....booooo hoooooo.
By the way, he was unstable and dangerous, while Villeneuve was calculated and spectacular.
Shut up Bernie!
Sir Brad

Livonia, MI

#3 Oct 13, 2006
steve landry wrote:
By the way, he was unstable and dangerous, while Villeneuve was calculated and spectacular.
Shut up Bernie!
I like Villeneuve. Calculated and spectacular aren't the adjectives I would have used but no problem. The problem I have with what you wrote is you praise Villeneuve but then you turn around and slam Montoya. They are the same guys!!! They are so similar in both driving styles and how they conduct themselves off track they could be brothers. The qualities that they share are the reason I like both of them. I think most race fans that like Villeneuve will like Montoya and vice versa.
Luka

Belgrade, Serbia

#4 Oct 13, 2006
Jacques Villeneuve je legenda!!!
Kandir

Brooklyn, MD

#5 Oct 14, 2006
Do you think he had a great car? I am sorry but I can't agree. Sure, it was better than most team's cars, but it can never be compared to Renault or Ferrary. If Montoya had had a better car, the results would have been different.(A good driver can shine IF his car shines too.)
steve landry wrote:
Shut up Bernie!
sean clinton ct

Morris, CT

#6 Oct 14, 2006
jack is the only driver to go wheel to wheel with shuey tactics and beat him jerez 97" very impressive!
montyoya really couldn"t hang with kimi thats why he"s out.my take on it montoya should have treid to go to red bull for "07
Steven

San Jose, CA

#7 Nov 23, 2006
Goind out the door!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacques Villeneuve Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR drivers warn that transition won't be ea... (Aug '06) Mar '17 MakesPhartxx 68
News Say goodnight to bad guy Jacques Villeneuve (Aug '12) Aug '12 Sean Hannity 4
News 2014 F1 engine supplier 'Pure' hits roadblock (Jul '12) Jul '12 Bob 1
News Nelson Piquet Jr. holds on for Nationwide Serie... (Jun '12) Jun '12 F1 Funatic 5
News Williams admits Newey mistake (Feb '12) Feb '12 TS Konverter 3
News Analysis: what will Renault do? (Feb '11) Aug '11 F1 Funatic 14
News Villeneuve to drive Nationwide event in Montreal (May '11) May '11 WillieMillie 3
More from around the web