Villeneuve next F1 driver to eye NASCAR.

Villeneuve next F1 driver to eye NASCAR.

There are 26 comments on the International Herald Tribune story from Oct 6, 2006, titled Villeneuve next F1 driver to eye NASCAR.. In it, International Herald Tribune reports that:

TALLADEGA, Alabama With Juan Pablo Montoya already in the NASCAR fold, fellow Formula One star Jacques Villeneuve might not be far behind.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at International Herald Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Karen Toronto Canada

Oakville, Canada

#1 Oct 11, 2006
Would luv to see JV driving in NASCAR.
mindy

Scotts Valley, CA

#2 Oct 11, 2006
Karen Toronto Canada wrote:
Would luv to see JV driving in NASCAR.
good,we would love to have more fans like you karen....welcome and dont forget to watch Montoya on speed channel on Friday...If you dont get to see it,i post all the stats on the tony stewart forum,look for it and hope you come over and post,im on all of nascar forums so look for me and i hope you will post again,dont worry,we do all kinda get crazy during the week,dont let it bother you,we are all pretty cool....:)
Flyer23

New York, NY

#3 Oct 12, 2006
I have heard and read that he is having talks with Rousch and Yates racing.....
Larry

Ravena, NY

#4 Oct 13, 2006
I would enjoy seeing JV give NASCAR a try. I don't think his personality is going to fit in as well as JPM. I also don't see him having the determination to stick it out & make a real go of it. I hope I'm wrong. He certainly has the talent to do well.
Steven

New Almaden, CA

#5 Nov 23, 2006
We will see.
Hybrid SUV is a oxymoron

Roselle, IL

#6 Nov 26, 2006
DONT DO IT, YOUR OBVIOUSLY CONSIDERING IT FOR THE MONEY AND POSSIBLY THE GIRLS, LOOK AT MICHAEL HE MADE 80 MIL. IN ONE YEAR. AND I HATE TO BREAK IT TO YOU BUT NASCAR WOMEN HAVE BAD HYGEINE AND ARE ALL A LITTLE ON THE FAT SIDE. PLUS WHAT WOULD GILLES THINK!
Hybrid SUV is a oxymoron

Roselle, IL

#8 Nov 27, 2006
are ALL slighty fat
Hybrid SUV is a oxymoron

Roselle, IL

#10 Nov 27, 2006
Why yes
Hybrid SUV is a oxymoron

Roselle, IL

#12 Nov 27, 2006
doubt?
Kevin Kelly

Traverse City, MI

#14 Dec 6, 2006
suzuki
Mr D

Ottawa, Canada

#15 Dec 11, 2006
Someone has 18 million$ to give J-V so we can see him kiking arss in NASCAR next year?
anderson 24

Emporia, KS

#16 Dec 11, 2006
Mr D wrote:
Someone has 18 million$ to give J-V so we can see him kiking arss in NASCAR next year?
hate ta tell ya all your fi boys will be in nascar one day its where the excitiment money fans are at ..fi really sucks really bad no crowds in there frandstands ,,,so whats up with that????thats why they coming to the usa
anderson 24

Emporia, KS

#17 Dec 11, 2006
Mr D wrote:
yup''''''''someone does ....an thats good.
Hybrid SUV is a oxymoron

Roselle, IL

#18 Dec 11, 2006
anderson 24 wrote:
<quoted text>hate ta tell ya all your fi boys will be in nascar one day its where the excitiment money fans are at ..fi really sucks really bad no crowds in there frandstands ,,,so whats up with that????thats why they coming to the usa
Spoken like a true NASCAR fan.

F1 is an international sport that is as big as the World Cup, I know, I know you hate soccer. But, the truth is F1 is bigger than NASCAR ever will be, because it is GLOBAL.
anderson 24

Emporia, KS

#19 Dec 12, 2006
Hybrid SUV is a oxymoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true NASCAR fan.
F1 is an international sport that is as big as the World Cup, I know, I know you hate soccer. But, the truth is F1 is bigger than NASCAR ever will be, because it is GLOBAL.
global is right ..but still not enough fans nascar is where they will end up at.
Hybrid SUV is a oxymoron

Roselle, IL

#20 Dec 12, 2006
You don't seem to understand, there is a whole world outside of America. And they all watch and love F1. Not NASCAR, the rest of the world doesn't drive in circles.

But, to put it in perspective Daytona has a maximum of 200,000 people, but you usually see NASCAR attendance between 100,000 and 170,000.

F1 grand prix of America draws about 185,000 people, Moto GP draws 240,000 people and Le Mans draws 220,000 people.
anderson 24

Emporia, KS

#21 Dec 12, 2006
You don't seem to understand, there is a whole world outside of America. And they all watch and love F1. Not NASCAR, the rest of the world doesn't drive in circles.
But, to put it in perspective Daytona has a maximum of 200,000 people, but you usually see NASCAR attendance between 100,000 and 170,000.
F1 grand prix of America draws about 185,000 people, Moto GP draws 240,000 people and Le Mans draws 220,000 people.
i understand that dont get me wrong i like champ car racing an i love michael s. paul tracy helios c.but amercain fans cant travel global .so we love our nascar.
Hybrid SUV is a oxymoron

Roselle, IL

#22 Dec 12, 2006
You have a point there. It is much easier to get to NASCAR races.
anderson 24

Emporia, KS

#23 Dec 12, 2006
You have a point there. It is much easier to get to NASCAR races.
i would love to go to indy 500 one day i love the power of fi .if your a fi fan .great i wont bash it any more an i reall do belive you know what your talking about on those cars . did you see when jeff gordon an juan .m. traded rides a few years ago . was real interesting an jeff loves the fi cars.happy holidays , i think we can get along ok. lol..24
Larry

Ravena, NY

#24 Dec 12, 2006
Anyone interested in a little more accurate listing of attendance figures might want to check out:
http://www.grandprixcities.com/raceattendance...
That Moto GP figure was a 3 day total. Raceday was a little better then half that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacques Villeneuve Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR drivers warn that transition won't be ea... (Aug '06) Oct '12 Simon Belt 66
News Say goodnight to bad guy Jacques Villeneuve (Aug '12) Aug '12 Sean Hannity 4
News 2014 F1 engine supplier 'Pure' hits roadblock (Jul '12) Jul '12 Bob 1
News Nelson Piquet Jr. holds on for Nationwide Serie... (Jun '12) Jun '12 F1 Funatic 5
News Williams admits Newey mistake (Feb '12) Feb '12 TS Konverter 3
News Analysis: what will Renault do? (Feb '11) Aug '11 F1 Funatic 14
News Villeneuve to drive Nationwide event in Montreal (May '11) May '11 WillieMillie 3
More from around the web