Jacques' goal tonight is to be nimble...

Jacques' goal tonight is to be nimble, quick

There are 68 comments on the A liberal dose story from Nov 2, 2007, titled Jacques' goal tonight is to be nimble, quick. In it, A liberal dose reports that:

Jacques Villeneuve is being transformed in America. The former Formula One and CART champion has gone from fearless world-class racer to being characterized as cautious, tentative and reserved as he learns his ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at A liberal dose.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“F1 the ultimate sport ”

Since: Jan 07

Johannesburg, South Africa

#71 Nov 13, 2007
Sorry dont know what happened there....LOL
"but that still does not that JV is this so called all time great ,he is just a good driver .....:-)"

But that still does not make JV this so called all time great, he is just a good driver :-)
BSP

Canada

#72 Nov 13, 2007
I agree he not as great as Senna or Prost or even Michael for that matter but he will have his own place in history just as his father did who never won a F1 championship, His passion to drive is what gave him the cart, Indy and f1 championship, i'm fairly sure the passion isn't there right now, If he doesnt find it he well be just another good driver as mark said, but I am optimistic, I have to be, i'm a JV fan.
Bob, what has Honda accomplished since JV? The mighty Button, one win in 2006 only because alonso & kimi dropped out & Michael had some sort of trouble with his steering i believe, Jacques finished 3rd at the 2001 Spanish grand prix under the same circumstances.

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#73 Nov 13, 2007
True BSP, Honda and Toyota have been the biggest failures of F1 in the past few seasons, but Jacques believed he was better than it all, and when it did not work out that way, he followed a path of passing stupid comments about the drivers that were winning, from Schumey to Alonso to even Hamilton this season. Why? I reckon it's just jealousy, because he believed after he had won the 1997 WC all the top teams would be linin gup to sign him to their teams, and it never happened. He particularly wanted to race for ferrari, to emulate his father and when that did not thappen he decided to blame MS for it all, continually critisizing the guy for being so great, and hiding behind one incident in 1997 when he an MS clashed on the track. The end result of that mess was MS being disqualified for his actions yet it was not enough for Jack, and this it where I see the problem coming in. The first time a cup driver nudges him from behind or pushes him out the way because he is in the way, he will take it personally and do the mouthing off thing, which will just piss more of the drivers off and so it will continue. I trully do not see him racing in the nascar series for longer than maybe 2 seasons, and he will pack it all in.
BSP

Canada

#76 Nov 14, 2007
redneck Bob from Atlanta wrote:
True BSP, Honda and Toyota have been the biggest failures of F1 in the past few seasons, but Jacques believed he was better than it all, and when it did not work out that way, he followed a path of passing stupid comments about the drivers that were winning, from Schumey to Alonso to even Hamilton this season. Why? I reckon it's just jealousy, because he believed after he had won the 1997 WC all the top teams would be linin gup to sign him to their teams, and it never happened. He particularly wanted to race for ferrari, to emulate his father and when that did not thappen he decided to blame MS for it all, continually critisizing the guy for being so great, and hiding behind one incident in 1997 when he an MS clashed on the track. The end result of that mess was MS being disqualified for his actions yet it was not enough for Jack, and this it where I see the problem coming in. The first time a cup driver nudges him from behind or pushes him out the way because he is in the way, he will take it personally and do the mouthing off thing, which will just piss more of the drivers off and so it will continue. I trully do not see him racing in the nascar series for longer than maybe 2 seasons, and he will pack it all in.
He wasn't the only driver to criticize MS, maybe he took it alittle to far that's all.:-) Even though I enjoy to watch jacques drive, I enjoyed Michael more. As for Alonso I didn't hear him say anything negative about the guy. Well as for Lewis I believe Jacques was right in criticizing his reckless driving, I liked Lewis from the start but slowly i began to see his true colours and his total disregard towards others on the track.
Jacques I agree is very opinionated sometimes (that is an understatement :-)) but that's what makes him fun to watch, I only wish it is all behind him now, I agree that foolishness won't work in Nascar.
But we have to give those open wheel drivers a chance Bob, it is good for Nascar and we must remember that most of those Nascar drivers have stock car in their veins and some of them race 1,2 and sometime 3 races a weekend, every weekend from February to November.

Since: Aug 07

AOL

#77 Nov 14, 2007
BSP wrote:
<quoted text>
He wasn't the only driver to criticize MS, maybe he took it alittle to far that's all.:-) Even though I enjoy to watch jacques drive, I enjoyed Michael more. As for Alonso I didn't hear him say anything negative about the guy. Well as for Lewis I believe Jacques was right in criticizing his reckless driving, I liked Lewis from the start but slowly i began to see his true colours and his total disregard towards others on the track.
Jacques I agree is very opinionated sometimes (that is an understatement :-)) but that's what makes him fun to watch, I only wish it is all behind him now, I agree that foolishness won't work in Nascar.
But we have to give those open wheel drivers a chance Bob, it is good for Nascar and we must remember that most of those Nascar drivers have stock car in their veins and some of them race 1,2 and sometime 3 races a weekend, every weekend from February to November.
Yep that's the way I look at it, I like that driver he may be elsewhere but I'm seeing that driver elsewhere more then I saw him drive before. Now I don't agree with half the crap at the tracks but that's cultural and no comment on that really. But when they're going over there, taking a chance getting bood and dogged on I feel the need to say hey this guy did this or that. One thing Jacques did which he'll always be a "great" driver to me, now I said it is he wont the Indy 500. I'm from Indy and only great drivers do get on that. So for one day he was great :)

Since: Aug 07

AOL

#78 Nov 14, 2007
I mean the borg warner trophy he's on that.

Location hidden

#79 Nov 15, 2007
Im Kasey not kahne wrote:
Did anyone say he was the greatest? Besides for the buttwaad from wherever? I don't think I ever did. I do think he deserves credit where credit is due that's all.
And you're from where again?????? Lets see what credit he gets and when it will be due. I suppose he has already received the credit he is due, in his first race he did manage to stay out of everyone's way. What a dog and pony show, lets go race, but hey stay out of everyone's way ok!!! And we call this "racing to win".

Location hidden

#82 Nov 18, 2007
whoooooooooooo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacques Villeneuve Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR drivers warn that transition won't be ea... (Aug '06) Oct '12 Simon Belt 66
News Say goodnight to bad guy Jacques Villeneuve (Aug '12) Aug '12 Sean Hannity 4
News 2014 F1 engine supplier 'Pure' hits roadblock (Jul '12) Jul '12 Bob 1
News Nelson Piquet Jr. holds on for Nationwide Serie... (Jun '12) Jun '12 F1 Funatic 5
News Williams admits Newey mistake (Feb '12) Feb '12 TS Konverter 3
News Analysis: what will Renault do? (Feb '11) Aug '11 F1 Funatic 14
News Villeneuve to drive Nationwide event in Montreal (May '11) May '11 WillieMillie 3
More from around the web