No new F1 team for Villeneuve

No new F1 team for Villeneuve

There are 2 comments on the Canada.com story from Jan 3, 2011, titled No new F1 team for Villeneuve. In it, Canada.com reports that:

Jacques Villeneuve gets ready to enter his car in this file photo. Photograph by: Vincenzo D'Alto, The Gazette Jacques Villeneuve's plan to return to Formula One stalled yesterday when the FIA World Motor Sport Council elected not to add any new teams for the 2011 season, deeming that Villeneuve Racing would not be ready in time.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Canada.com.

F1 Legend

Toronto, Canada

#1 Jan 25, 2011
Jacques shit the money bed by following Craig P. to BAR. Sure his bank account was full but he turned his career into a laughing stock of the racing world. The 24 hours of Le Mans produced a 2nd place and his teammates felt they would have won if not for Jacques. NASCAR don't even get me started he is treated like a show pony in the Nationwide minor league. But has never gotten any results.....V8's ..... Ice racing????? He is starting to turn into Adam West turning up at car shows to stand next to the batmobile.

Should have went to Mclaren and would still be racing like Rubens.!!!
Mick

Australia

#2 Jan 27, 2011
F1 Legend wrote:
Jacques shit the money bed by following Craig P. to BAR. Sure his bank account was full but he turned his career into a laughing stock of the racing world. The 24 hours of Le Mans produced a 2nd place and his teammates felt they would have won if not for Jacques. NASCAR don't even get me started he is treated like a show pony in the Nationwide minor league. But has never gotten any results.....V8's ..... Ice racing????? He is starting to turn into Adam West turning up at car shows to stand next to the batmobile.
Should have went to Mclaren and would still be racing like Rubens.!!!
I agree with the sentiment that JV should've gone to Mclaren when he had the chance, its obvious that it wouldve been the right time just as Mclaren peacked in performance. Probly mixture of him mixing with wrong people ie C.P,and adrian Reynard, and probly a bit of JVs own arrogance and not getting on with the job and ignoring his personal feelings about ron dennis.

I disagree about V8 Supercar comment and Nascar he did ok in all considering the limited times he tried them. Would love to see JV in Sprintcup though.I can say as an Australian that JV impressed everyone in the V8s had it not been for a stupid move by Youldin JV wouldve been on podium and he was strong all weekend anyway.
Ne way JVs career of late has disappointed considering what it couldve been, and possibly what it still may be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacques Villeneuve Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR drivers warn that transition won't be ea... (Aug '06) Mar '17 MakesPhartxx 68
News Say goodnight to bad guy Jacques Villeneuve (Aug '12) Aug '12 Sean Hannity 4
News 2014 F1 engine supplier 'Pure' hits roadblock (Jul '12) Jul '12 Bob 1
News Nelson Piquet Jr. holds on for Nationwide Serie... (Jun '12) Jun '12 F1 Funatic 5
News Williams admits Newey mistake (Feb '12) Feb '12 TS Konverter 3
News Analysis: what will Renault do? (Feb '11) Aug '11 F1 Funatic 14
News Villeneuve to drive Nationwide event in Montreal (May '11) May '11 WillieMillie 3
More from around the web