Juan Montoya Will Enthrall Americans ...

Juan Montoya Will Enthrall Americans Once Again

There are 30 comments on the Paddock Talk story from Jul 10, 2006, titled Juan Montoya Will Enthrall Americans Once Again. In it, Paddock Talk reports that:

The challenge of Formula 1 is becoming less and less enticing to some of its participants, as one can see by the latest revelation that Juan Pablo Montoya is leaving F1 to come to NASCAR.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Paddock Talk.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Larry E McKinney

Elgin, IL

#1 Jul 10, 2006
I was shocked at first, but look around at the ex F1 drivers, his going into something totally different makes a lot of sense. He's a family man and being with your family in a country that really likes you means a lot.
Knarf

Maaseik, Belgium

#2 Jul 11, 2006
He just wasn't good enough in F1. I think he couldn't grab any decent seat for next season as the good teams aren't interested in him at all...

His F1 career was a big failure imo.

In Europe we are pretty happy Pedro De La Rosa will take over Montoya's seat as according to us De La Rosa is way better then Montoya.
Rich G

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Jul 11, 2006
I would'nt call 7 wins, 30 podiums, 13 Pole Positions, 12 fastest laps, millions in his pockets, and international fame a "Big" failure.
RACESEATFORJPM20 07

Clonmel, Ireland

#4 Jul 11, 2006
I'd rather people didnt speak for me, thank-you. De la Rosa had a very average time within Jaguar and was out driven by Irvine, regularly. De la Rosa is also just a stand in and I'm afraid he has alot to prove before wild accusations, with no foundations, that he's better than Montoya can be stated. Don't forget Montoya has had numerous pole positions and 7 number 1 podiums. I wish Pedro all the best as I don't want to sound petty but time will tell. And will Mc give him time? They have proved this week they ain't good at that.
LRG

Tecumseh, Canada

#5 Jul 11, 2006
Rich G wrote:
I would'nt call 7 wins, 30 podiums, 13 Pole Positions, 12 fastest laps, millions in his pockets, and international fame a "Big" failure.
BS MY FRIEND WHO CARES WHAT HE DID IN THE PAST.HE STILL A QUITTER I RESPECT THE FACT THAT HE MADE THIS DECISION THINKING OF HIS FAMILY BUT HE HAD THE POTENTIAL TO DO BETTER THAN NASCAR.

AN EX-FAN OF MONTOYA,BY THE WAY FOR THE FANS OUT THERE OF MONTOYA I AM PROBABLY AS SHOCKED AS YOU ARE BUT DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME EVEN TALKING ABOUT IT,HE TOOK THE EASY WAY OUT,HE SHOULD HAVE RETIRED,,,WHAT A WASTE OF TIME
Bill D

Bogotá, Colombia

#6 Oct 8, 2006
Not having seat in a strong F1 team, why should be there competing to gat som 6 to 10 position?
Montoya is a real driver. In the F1 a good pilot is hidden by the technology of the cars.
He loves to race, but was not happy with the F1. If somemone is not driving (and as #1 driver)for Ferrari or Reanault, have no chances to win a title.
Now he will be in a category where anything can happen and where a fine and aggresive driver have a lot of opportunities.
The F1 career ends too soon. In NASCAR, he could race many years.
Having earning many millions in the past years, he preferred lower incomes, to be with his family in Miami and to continue doing what he loves.
Wass

Russia

#7 Oct 8, 2006
LRG wrote:
<quoted text>
BS MY FRIEND WHO CARES WHAT HE DID IN THE PAST.HE STILL A QUITTER I RESPECT THE FACT THAT HE MADE THIS DECISION THINKING OF HIS FAMILY BUT HE HAD THE POTENTIAL TO DO BETTER THAN NASCAR.
AN EX-FAN OF MONTOYA,BY THE WAY FOR THE FANS OUT THERE OF MONTOYA I AM PROBABLY AS SHOCKED AS YOU ARE BUT DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME EVEN TALKING ABOUT IT,HE TOOK THE EASY WAY OUT,HE SHOULD HAVE RETIRED,,,WHAT A WASTE OF TIME
LRG, just keep your breath. you'll get a sore throat shouting like this.

did you ever changed jobs in your life? if yes, then you too can categorize yourself a "quitter". grab a beer, sit back and just think about it.

the world is not just black and white.

cheers!:)))
Larry

Catskill, NY

#8 Oct 8, 2006
I have a suggestion for everyone who is all wound up over JPM leaving F1 for NASCAR. When you feel your knickers getting a little too tight, grab a beer, kick back, and repeat this phrase to yourself until it sinks in: "It's only entertainment"!
Repeat as necessary.
Wass

Russia

#9 Oct 8, 2006
Larry wrote:
I have a suggestion for everyone who is all wound up over JPM leaving F1 for NASCAR. When you feel your knickers getting a little too tight, grab a beer, kick back, and repeat this phrase to yourself until it sinks in: "It's only entertainment"!
Repeat as necessary.
now that's the way to approach the subj, Larry :) i'm with you 100%:)
Jess

New Zealand

#10 Oct 8, 2006
JMP suxs he is an ass and hot headed he ruined f1 drivers races he'll ruin nascar.
Also Ambrose is just a crash in bash tosser who couldnt take v8 title so had to go to nascar and set up his own team cos no one wanted him
anderson24

United States

#11 Oct 8, 2006
all nascar fans are happy th have juan
Jess

Auckland, New Zealand

#12 Oct 8, 2006
im a nascar fan im not!
Sir Brad

Livonia, MI

#13 Oct 9, 2006
Jess wrote:
JMP suxs he is an ass and hot headed he ruined f1 drivers races he'll ruin nascar.
Also Ambrose is just a crash in bash tosser who couldnt take v8 title so had to go to nascar and set up his own team cos no one wanted him
Go back 10-15 years and review some of the F1 races. You'll see Michael Schumacher racing alot like JPM does. In those days Michael hit alot of drivers and got into ALOT of incidents trying to better his positions. Senna, Mansell, Alesi, Villeneuve all had similar 'go for it' styles.
Today the sport is turning into a " corporate, make no mistakes, let the teams strategy win the race" racing series. If you want to see how far F1 has fallen look no further than Monaco (Scumacher faking a stall) or Monza qualifying. F1's governing body actually penalised the leading driver(Alonso) for blocking when the other driver(Massa) wasn't even close to him!!! Then they say he wasn't intentionally blocking!!!! F1 use to be about racing. Now it's not. Actual RACING isn't necessary anymore. It's technology,tires and politics-no wonder it has no use for a driver like Montoya.
Sir Brad

Livonia, MI

#14 Oct 9, 2006
Jess wrote:
I don't remember Montoya ever saying his team was sabotaging him (like Alonso did) or pretending to stall his car so no one can beat his qualifying time ( like Michael did). So if you want to see asses, look at the current F1 grid....it's loaded with them.
Sir Brad

Livonia, MI

#15 Oct 9, 2006
anderson24 wrote:
all nascar fans are happy th have juan
NASCAR seems to be the place that everyone is looking at these days. In addition to JPM, Villeneuve is talking to Roush and Motocross star Ricky Carmichael is also talking about joining NASCAR.
NASCAR is growing in popularity and with internationally known drivers now looking at the series the sky is the limit as to how big it gets.
Sir Brad

Livonia, MI

#16 Oct 9, 2006
Jess wrote:
No other driver in the history of F1 "ruined" more races for other drivers than Michael Schumacher.He was disqualified 2 times in 1994. He intentionally hit Damon Hill that year and Frank Williams and Patrick Head said that had Senna not died they would have taken action with the FIA-they felt the sport didn't need it. Schumacher also smiled and celebrated his win at Imola moments after being told Senna had died. He then intentionally hit Villeneuve in 1997 and was again disqualified-this time they took away his second place finish for the season. THEY TOOK AWAY HIS SECOND PLACE FINISH!!!! Think about this Michael has tried numerous times to prevent another driver from winning by hitting their car!!! Or by stalling so no one else could qualify!!!! If that isn't the actions of a "hot-headed ass" I don't know what is.
Montoya ,in his entire F1 career, never even came close to approaching the unsportsmanlike acts that THE GREAT ONE performed on a regular basis. I mean come on. Juan was never even DQ'ed once for his behavior on the track. The incident he did get into were racing incidents not deliberate attempts to stop your rivals.
Brad

United States

#17 Oct 9, 2006
Jess wrote:
One more thought then I'm done. When Kimi pushes track marshalls away after he blows-up ( by the way they are just doing their job) which I've seen at least a dozen times does this qualify as an act of a "hot headed ass"?
gaz

UK

#18 Oct 16, 2006
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
One more thought then I'm done. When Kimi pushes track marshalls away after he blows-up ( by the way they are just doing their job) which I've seen at least a dozen times does this qualify as an act of a "hot headed ass"?
difference is kimis a good driver,jpm only picked his wins up last year because kimi kept having tech problems.without them jpm was blown away and he new it!different level altogether
Sir Brad

Livonia, MI

#19 Oct 16, 2006
gaz wrote:
<quoted text>difference is kimis a good driver,jpm only picked his wins up last year because kimi kept having tech problems.without them jpm was blown away and he new it!different level altogether
Bullshit. JPM let Kimi pass him at Spa, Montoya was quicker all weekend. The team admitted that Montoya was a good "helper" to Kimi that weekend. Montoya should have won Canada but the team screwed up. Kimi never would have won Canada without that mistake. So it's just as easy to say Kimi wouldn't have won as many races without Montoya's problems. The team said Montoya just as quick as Kimi at the end of last season. I assume they know more about it than you.
Kimi has always had a huge advantage over JPM. The car was designed around his driving style. Pedro,like JPM, said he didn't like the understeer in the car either.
macla TX

Austin, TX

#20 Oct 16, 2006
Knarf wrote:
He just wasn't good enough in F1. I think he couldn't grab any decent seat for next season as the good teams aren't interested in him at all...
His F1 career was a big failure imo.
In Europe we are pretty happy Pedro De La Rosa will take over Montoya's seat as according to us De La Rosa is way better then Montoya.
How many wins De la rosa has? You don't have any idea what are you talking about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacques Villeneuve Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR drivers warn that transition won't be ea... (Aug '06) Mar '17 MakesPhartxx 68
News Say goodnight to bad guy Jacques Villeneuve (Aug '12) Aug '12 Sean Hannity 4
News 2014 F1 engine supplier 'Pure' hits roadblock (Jul '12) Jul '12 Bob 1
News Nelson Piquet Jr. holds on for Nationwide Serie... (Jun '12) Jun '12 F1 Funatic 5
News Williams admits Newey mistake (Feb '12) Feb '12 TS Konverter 3
News Analysis: what will Renault do? (Feb '11) Aug '11 F1 Funatic 14
News Villeneuve to drive Nationwide event in Montreal (May '11) May '11 WillieMillie 3