Solberg, Villeneuve sniff Indycar mil...

Solberg, Villeneuve sniff Indycar millions

There are 3 comments on the Formula 1 Blog story from Mar 12, 2011, titled Solberg, Villeneuve sniff Indycar millions. In it, Formula 1 Blog reports that:

Grace's Pool Boy #2, after Jenson of course, has now expressed interest in the five million dollars on offer for a series outsider winning the IndyCar finale at Las Vegas.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Formula 1 Blog.

WillieMillie

Wasaga Beach, Canada

#1 Mar 12, 2011
As per auto123.com Jacques is being cautious about this, and for good reasons. His manager Rick Gorne has talked to IndyCar but J.V. hasn't personally.

He apparently is still in serious negotiations for a NASCAR ride and as Montoya has already mentioned it looks impossible to work this Las Vegas thing around the NASCAR schedule. J.V. also is concerned that this 'dash-for-cash' race may cause some drivers into being dangerously over motivated.

It would be very exciting to see him in such a race, although for him and all the other "outsider" competitors practice time and a competitive car would be very important. Otherwise, there would be little chance of actually winning. If there's little chance then what's the purpose.

Jacques is not stupid. He'll only enter this thing if he sees a decent chance of winning.

Personally I don't give a damn about IndyCar, although I sure would for that one race if Jacques was driving. All I want is for him to get a NASCAR ride in 2011. Within 2 seasons he would be a serious contender.
Nulli Secundus

Sandy Hook, CT

#2 Mar 20, 2011
He'll only enter this thing if he sees a decent chance of winning.
Translation: never.
Mick

Australia

#3 Apr 19, 2011
Jacques Villeneuve RULES!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jacques Villeneuve Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR drivers warn that transition won't be ea... (Aug '06) Mar '17 MakesPhartxx 68
News Say goodnight to bad guy Jacques Villeneuve (Aug '12) Aug '12 Sean Hannity 4
News 2014 F1 engine supplier 'Pure' hits roadblock (Jul '12) Jul '12 Bob 1
News Nelson Piquet Jr. holds on for Nationwide Serie... (Jun '12) Jun '12 F1 Funatic 5
News Williams admits Newey mistake (Feb '12) Feb '12 TS Konverter 3
News Analysis: what will Renault do? (Feb '11) Aug '11 F1 Funatic 14
News Villeneuve to drive Nationwide event in Montreal (May '11) May '11 WillieMillie 3
More from around the web