F1: Schumacher To Retire Again ???

Jul 12, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Paddock Talk

F1: Schumacher To Retire Again ? Sir Jackie Stewart thinks Michael Schumacher will return to retirement after November's Abu Dhabi finale.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of73
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
barry alonso

Buckley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

i agree unfortunately the dream is over
schubert

Bucharest, Romania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

noo
Cal

Satellite Provider

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2010

Judged:

Not a hope. Its a three year plan.Its not in his style to quit. New chassis in Spa will have the great one competing for podium again. He is a great man.
Ferrari failure

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Judged:

Cal wrote:
Not a hope. Its a three year plan.Its not in his style to quit. New chassis in Spa will have the great one competing for podium again. He is a great man.
Agree. Michael didn't walk on water after 3 years out of the sport and people are upset? Get real, he is rusty. Wait until the end of the season, or better yet, the end of 2011 to judge.
barry alonso

Rhyl, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2010

Judged:

dont the results speak for themselves or should we make up sum points for him having a contract means 0 the team cant keep making excuses for him british gp the latest roseberg p3 pit ponies no team is a charity onegood thing is the good he doing pr for merc car sales they use him that way first then he go
Gordon Christoffer

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

Judged:

Schumacher's return to F1 was a great idea. Schumacher always won by cheating. Always no1 to his teammates because of ridiculous team orders. Now we finally get the real Shumacher: interesting, isn't it to see what happens when he has a car not boosted by all sorts of illegal electronics care of Mr. Todt; interseting to see what happens when he is no longer favored over his teammate. His behind is being kicked all over the place by Rosberg.
Jorge Maldonado

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

Judged:

I agree; Schumacher always a cheater. Now blames everybody else because he sucks. Go back to retirement Schumi, let the real racers race!

Since: Apr 07

Daytona Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2010

Judged:

The man is still quick. Problem is that if you are not in a RedBull or McLaren right now, you are not going to win races. Even Ferrari knows this.

So who has the bigger problem, Schumacher or Ferrari?

Should Ferrari fold up and go away because they are in the same situation? Of course not. In F1, you are what you drive. Schumacher is turning fast laps and getting points. He's proven that he is still brave enough and talented enough. The only thing in question is his "legacy" and if he does not mind it being tarnished by this attempt.

He may not be the best driver in F1, but the line in front of him is not a long one.

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2010

Judged:

Gordon Christoffer wrote:
Schumacher's return to F1 was a great idea. Schumacher always won by cheating. Always no1 to his teammates because of ridiculous team orders. Now we finally get the real Shumacher: interesting, isn't it to see what happens when he has a car not boosted by all sorts of illegal electronics care of Mr. Todt; interseting to see what happens when he is no longer favored over his teammate. His behind is being kicked all over the place by Rosberg.
ha ha the ignorant beaver beaters are back ... hey canada boy, you fucking retard, you half breeds still licking your wounds because jack villeneuve was never good enough to drive for ferrari, and was kicked from pillar to post by the German .. get real .... but hey humour me, please name the illegal electronics ... dumbass ...

oh and by the way if you knew anything about f1 you might have known team orders prior to 2003 were legal ... Prost, Senna, Mansell, Mika Hakkonen, Niki lauda to name a few were all given preferential treatment over their teamamtes ... team orders were so blatant even Macca boss Ron Dennis went to Alain Prost first to ask his permission before he hired Ayrton Senna ... but hey it's only wrong when it's Schumacher ... you lot up there in canada are really dumber than a box of rocks hey ... get over it now, Jack was a miserable failure, useless whinging piece of shite ... and still is ....
Mrs Gail j Gray

Bristol, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

Judged:

If he retires of course i suppose thats the best way before you make yourself look silly, best, but Michael Schumacher is the best driver in the history of formula 1. nobody will ever be better than him, i will eat my hat if somebody in time will beat 7 world titles as for Sir Jackie Stewart opening his big mouth, he cant shout about, he isnt better than Michael so him and other such people inclusing the media should shut up. i am proud of schumi. he has given me great entertainment since 1991 and he has changed my life.
Gordon Christoffer

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

Judged:

redneck Bob from Atlanta wrote:
<quoted text>
ha ha the ignorant beaver beaters are back ... hey canada boy, you fucking retard, you half breeds still licking your wounds because jack villeneuve was never good enough to drive for ferrari, and was kicked from pillar to post by the German .. get real .... but hey humour me, please name the illegal electronics ... dumbass ...
oh and by the way if you knew anything about f1 you might have known team orders prior to 2003 were legal ... Prost, Senna, Mansell, Mika Hakkonen, Niki lauda to name a few were all given preferential treatment over their teamamtes ... team orders were so blatant even Macca boss Ron Dennis went to Alain Prost first to ask his permission before he hired Ayrton Senna ... but hey it's only wrong when it's Schumacher ... you lot up there in canada are really dumber than a box of rocks hey ... get over it now, Jack was a miserable failure, useless whinging piece of shite ... and still is ....
After reading your post I still can't quite figure out why Schumacher is getting his *ss kicked by Rosberg. Maybe you could enlighten us, as you have done for all the rest.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

Judged:

Gordon Christoffer wrote:
<quoted text>
After reading your post I still can't quite figure out why Schumacher is getting his *ss kicked by Rosberg. Maybe you could enlighten us, as you have done for all the rest.
And I can't figure out that in canada they allow morons like you to walk the streets freely ... but hey retard, really what difference does it make, the man is a 7 X WDC, 91 race winner, and he's back. Jack tried to get there too but he ewas not wanted by anyone, partly because he's f***ing useless, but mostly because nobody wants a whinging bitching little tosser in their team.

There is no need to justify it all, but your lame ass comment was that Schumacher cheated he way to every win with illegal electronic aids does interest me ... so why not be a good little beaver beater and put your money where your horrid half breed mouth is and tell us about these illegal aids Jean Todt supposedly supplied for him ... come on genius .... let's here all about it ....
adysseus

Vienna, Austria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Judged:

7 titles in 16 years is no comparison to 5 titles in the 7 years that good old Juan Manuel Fangio used to drive. 5 times champ and vice champ twice. I don't count the year 1958 because he retired in half season... in 1952 he didn't compete...
So, who's the greatest champ ever?
Schoey isn't that bad a driver but he'll never be the greatest of all times. There'd been and there are lots of greater drivers

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Judged:

adysseus wrote:
7 titles in 16 years is no comparison to 5 titles in the 7 years that good old Juan Manuel Fangio used to drive. 5 times champ and vice champ twice. I don't count the year 1958 because he retired in half season... in 1952 he didn't compete...
So, who's the greatest champ ever?
Schoey isn't that bad a driver but he'll never be the greatest of all times. There'd been and there are lots of greater drivers
Adysseus, nobody denies Fangio was quite brilliant but let's be honest discounting Schumie for taking 7 in 16 years is crazy, the man is was and always will be simply brilliant. But to say there have been and are lots of greater drivers is not exaclty true, Senna was not exactly supreme in that department, although we will never know what he would have accomplished in the end, Prost, Rosberg Sr were damned good, but in terms of record breaking, dominating and pure genius, Schumie is unparalleled. And the excuse that it was the car holds no water, Schumie along with Ross, Jean and Rory created that car, they worked on taking Ferrari from the depths of their worst performance and transformed that team into something the likes of which we will never see again.The likes of Alonso and Hakkinen are not in that class, Alonso was given a tractor at Renault, and after 2 years it was still a tractor, now with Kubica in it it's at least moving in the right direction. Alonso arrived at Ferrari amidst trumpet fare and after 9 races not only is he showing his inability to drive properly, but the pressure of being in a good team has shown him up to be rather crappy, just like in 2007, when given the chance at Macca, he chose to squeal foul about everything instead of racing to win, maybe the fact that that rookie was kicking his ass was just too much for him to endure. The world can speculate as long as the want to about whether Schumie will return next year, but it makes no difference, for many just to see him back on the track is fantastic, because even in this rather sad season he's having, he is the talk of the f1 paddocks, day in and day out. Says a lot don't you think .... even the likes of Jackie Stewart can't resist throwing his 2 cents into the pot ....
adysseus

Vienna, Austria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Judged:

Breaking records is'nt everything in sports. There'd been enough great racers who never won a championship; G. Villeneuve, C. Reutemann, R. Peterson, just to name a few.
Schoey's luck was that he never had a team mate who could challenge him, for reasons of skill or teamorder no one will ever know. Now he found his master in young Rosberg. After 3 - 4 races he'll be back on race pace people believed. Now there'd been 10 races and it seems that the gap is rather opening than closing. Spain is a track where experience counts a lot and Shoey used to drive there 15 times and that gave him the edge. Rosberg will keep on kicking old Shoey's ass for the rest of the season but sadly he won't get the proper credit for that, because everyone will say that he just beat an old man...

Just for the record
Rosberg : Schumi
Qualifying 8:2
Races 8:2
fastest laps 6:4
barry alonso

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Mrs Gail j Gray wrote:
If he retires of course i suppose thats the best way before you make yourself look silly, best, but Michael Schumacher is the best driver in the history of formula 1. nobody will ever be better than him, i will eat my hat if somebody in time will beat 7 world titles as for Sir Jackie Stewart opening his big mouth, he cant shout about, he isnt better than Michael so him and other such people inclusing the media should shut up. i am proud of schumi. he has given me great entertainment since 1991 and he has changed my life.
i hopeyour husband doesnt mind mrs gray
Anastasia

Bathgate, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Judged:

Mrs Gail j Gray wrote:
Michael is still the best driver and also the best mechanic & technician in F1..........he MADE Ferrari what they are today by 5 years of grafting.He could have gone to Williams for an easy ride(in those days),but he took the hard route.Michael give up:))LOL he would never give up.Mercedes have Rosberg and Michael,next year they will fly.
schumachers mum

Milton Keynes, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Judged:

to the person who said he won 7 out of 16 titles dont forget he also was runner up 3 times and one was ruined by a broken leg where he would have at least finished second again or even won it in 1999.Also he finished 3rd twice and holds nearly every record...So out of 16 seasons he finished 11 in the title fight.

these are Statistics they are better than fangio's record FACT

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

Judged:

adysseus wrote:
Breaking records is'nt everything in sports. There'd been enough great racers who never won a championship; G. Villeneuve, C. Reutemann, R. Peterson, just to name a few.
Schoey's luck was that he never had a team mate who could challenge him, for reasons of skill or teamorder no one will ever know. Now he found his master in young Rosberg. After 3 - 4 races he'll be back on race pace people believed. Now there'd been 10 races and it seems that the gap is rather opening than closing. Spain is a track where experience counts a lot and Shoey used to drive there 15 times and that gave him the edge. Rosberg will keep on kicking old Shoey's ass for the rest of the season but sadly he won't get the proper credit for that, because everyone will say that he just beat an old man...
Just for the record
Qualifying 8:2
Races 8:2
fastest laps 6:4
He found a master in Rosberg .... good greif are you f***ing dillusional ... your knowledge of who and what Schumie did is obviously lacking. Maybe you need to do a little research before you come out and try pretend that Rosberg is mastering him ... ha ha ha very funny but totally ignorant.

Breaking records isn't everything in sports!!!! sure you are right, let's not worry about it all in the future, we'll cancel qualifying, pull names out of a hat to see who lines up where on the grid, and when the race is over let's give all 22 drivers the same prize money and trophy, call them all WDC's, they can all stand up on the podium and have a mini orgy spraying Champagne on one another ... oh yes and we'll just change those numbers you gave us for this season ....

Qualifying 10:10
Races 10:10
fastest laps 10:10

ok now let's all gather round the camp fire so we can all sing Kumbaya .....
adysseus

Vienna, Austria

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2010

Judged:

You better keep on singing Kumbaya in your little world of lottery sports if you can't appreciate the difference between great racing und bare statistics.
If you'd like to pull grid positions out of a hat, why not just pulling out the champ and spare us boring races?
After a few years nobody cares how one got that title. I don't want to mention Schumacher all the the and give you another example, my fellow countryman, Niki Lauda: 1984 champ with a margin of half a point, no pole position in that season; there you have your camp fire celebration but with just 2 champs...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of73
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jackie Stewart Discussions

Search the Jackie Stewart Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Vettel outruns teammate Webber for Malaysian GP... (Mar '13) Apr '13 Nulli Secundus 12
Will chassis upgrade solve Schumacher woes? (May '10) May '10 barry peers 2
Stewart: Duo dreading Schumacher return (Mar '10) Mar '10 James Johnson 4
F1 row: Stewart calls for Mosley to quit (Jun '09) Jun '09 Icegirl 10
Just how good is Jenson Button? (Jun '09) Jun '09 Sol 2
Mosley urges critics to ... (Aug '08) Aug '08 Team Max 1
Stewart: Eight weeks is too long to wait (Apr '08) Apr '08 redneck Bob from Atlanta 2
•••
•••
•••