Next Last
koji

Spain

#1 Aug 10, 2007
some people are confused about who manages alonso
and his merits.

to know nando a bit more:

luis garcia abad is alonso manager since F3000

HE IS NOT HIS FATHER, alonso father stays out and never manage his son.

flav signed nando in 2000 and lend him to Giancarlo minardi in 2001 to learn and see what he can do with that car in 2002 alonso spent a hole year as a renault tester learning the car in 2003 he was official driver for renault and win in Hungary his first gp the youngest all time to do this.

to know a bit more about nando

updated records (hungary2007)

99 gp
18 victories
16+1(void) pole positions
44 podiums
454 championship points

1994: Spanish karting. Champion
1996: Spanish karting. Champion
Rank 3th world wide karting.
1997: Spanish Karting . Champion
1998: European karting,2th.
1999: Fórmula Nissan. Champion
2000: FIA F3000 Champion (Astromega).
2001: Fórmula 1 (Minardi).
2002: Renault tester.
2003: Fórmula 1 (Renault), 6th 55 points.
2004: Fórmula 1 (Renault), 4th 59 points.
2005: Fórmula 1 (Renault), champion
2006: Fórmula 1 (Renault), champion

6 ABSOLUTE youth records

youngest drive to lead one gp
youngest winner of a GP
youngest pole position winner
youngest driver to score a podium position
youngest world champion
youngest double world champion

18 times on the top ten driver records

11th on the fia all time ranking 2 victories Behind
mika hakkinen (10th)
koji

Spain

#2 Aug 10, 2007
who is lewis?

hami has not yet achieve a single youth record yet.
nor a single absoute record.

hamilton is ranked the 7th driver in percentage wins

2th in most wins in first championship season behind villeneuve

4th youngest gp winner

3th youngest pole position winner

4th youngest driver to set a fastest lap

3th most consecutive poduim positions with 9
(2d is alonso with 15)

7th youngest driver to score a podim position

4th youngest driver to start from first row

4th youngest driver to lead one lap

but he is on the lead on podium percentage finishes 10 ot of 11

not that bad at all.

but do you understand the hype?
koji

Spain

#3 Aug 10, 2007
and lewis its ranked 51th in the all time fia ranking
dave

UK

#4 Aug 10, 2007
Yet here Lewis is beating Fernando in his first season in Formula One. That must hurt Fernando fan's quite badly ;-)

Imagine that. Two times world champion getting beat by a nobody. Shocking!
dave

UK

#5 Aug 10, 2007
Also you left out a lot of Lewis's achievements...

Most consecutive podiums from debut race: 9 (previous record was 2)

Most consecutive podiums for a British driver: 9 (tied with Jim Clark)

Youngest driver to lead the World Championship.

First driver to achieve consecutive wins from pole position in debut season.

European Formula A Championship(2000)- 1st

Formula A World Cup (2000)- 1st

Formula Renault UK (2002)- 3rd

Formula Renault UK (2003)- 1st

Formula 3 Euroseries (2005)- 1st

GP2 Series (2006)- 1st*

Note that in GP2 racing, all car's are identical... same chassis, engine and tyre supplier so that true driver ability is reflected. Even beat Nelson Piquet Junior in 2006 after hard thought battle

So Koji, if you wish to compare two drivers... compare them properly.

Source was Wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Hamilton
koji

Spain

#6 Aug 10, 2007
im talking of absolute f1 records and not personal records

check yourself from your own source

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Formula_...
koji

Spain

#7 Aug 10, 2007
dave wrote:
Yet here Lewis is beating Fernando in his first season in Formula One. That must hurt Fernando fan's quite badly ;-)
Imagine that. Two times world champion getting beat by a nobody. Shocking!
doesnt hurt at all as we know its a FIXED championship
dave

UK

#8 Aug 10, 2007
How do you honestly expect to compare Alonso and Hamilton's stat's in Hamiltons first year of racing?

I think the fact that Hamilton has been more consistant this season speaks many words...

We shall just have to watch the last 6 races to see the outcome of the battle. I imagine there will be quite afew angry people in Spain if Fernando does not win.
dave

UK

#9 Aug 10, 2007
koji wrote:
<quoted text>
doesnt hurt at all as we know its a FIXED championship
LMAO! Brilliant. So anytime Alonso loses a championship in the future then we all know it was fixed! Truely brilliant.
annie

Exeter, UK

#10 Aug 10, 2007
dave wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! Brilliant. So anytime Alonso loses a championship in the future then we all know it was fixed! Truely brilliant.
Common you know that's not the case. From the outside looking in, there is blatant favouritism; I'm not listing these again - suffice to say how many CEOs have you seen in tears after a pilot wins their first ever Grand Prix? None; McLaren have a policy of keeping all trophies - Hamilton allowed to keep his first one. And there are many more, but I haven't the time or desire to keep listing them. Petty points but nevertheless its a true pointer of where the affection of that team lie. RD is emotionally and financially attached to Lulu; I don't think anyone of us would want to be in the position Fernando finds himself in our working lives.
annie

Exeter, UK

#11 Aug 10, 2007
youngest drive to lead one gp
youngest winner of a GP
youngest pole position winner
youngest driver to score a podium position
youngest world champion
youngest double world champion

Hey can I lend these FACTS to the various publications in the UK ie The Sun and The Mirror it might just shut them up when they digest the truth for once.
koji

Spain

#12 Aug 10, 2007
dave wrote:
<quoted text>
nope.alonso is not god.it just a damm good driver.not to deny
lewis has talent but put him on a spiker or a super aguri and he wont make anything.

and yes this year if hamilton wins for less than 7 points i would say this championship is fixed

alonso make any car look good.we have not seen lewis do something similar yet.

lewis take adavantage of all the aids available very well. no doubt about it.
dave

UK

#13 Aug 10, 2007
koji wrote:
im talking of absolute f1 records and not personal records
So why did you include a list of Alonso’s achievements outside of F1 in your very first post???
annie wrote:
<quoted text> From the outside looking in, there is blatant favouritism
If I believed that then Hamilton would have won the Monaco grandprix, not Alonso.
annie wrote:
<quoted text> RD is emotionally and financially attached to Lulu. I don't think anyone of us would want to be in the position Fernando finds himself in our working lives.
I agree RD is attached to Hamilton after taking him on from a young age, but that does not mean McLaren favour Hamilton over Alonso. Far from it!
koji wrote:
<quoted text>nope.alonso is not god.it just a damm good driver.not to deny lewis has talent but put him on a spiker or a super aguri and he wont make anything.
The way you post, you make it seem he IS god and everyone in F1 should bow down to him, including his teammate, Hamilton. And how do you know Hamilton wouldn’t make another car look driveable?? Do you have any facts? Or have you even seen him in another F1 car? If I remember correctly, Alonso didn’t do anything brilliant in his Minardi when he was first in F1.
koji wrote:
<quoted text>and yes this year if hamilton wins for less than 7 points i would say this championship is fixed.
Hahaha, and what if Hamilton wins by more than 7 points? Is it his skill or is it still a fix? Or will it always be a fix in your eyes?
koji wrote:
<quoted text>alonso make any car look good.we have not seen lewis do something similar yet.
Errrr yea, of course we havn’t seen Lewis do anything similar yet as he has not had the opportunity. Yea, I’ll give it to you, Hamilton was lucky for starting with a top team. He was in the right place at the right time. Shame on Lewis for not starting with a lessor team!

Stop making useless comparisons. Perhaps if you compared each driver’s career near each driver’s retirement, then you might just know who Hamilton is.
koji wrote:
<quoted text>lewis take adavantage of all the aids available very well. no doubt about it.
I have no idea how to reply to such statements.
kojikabuto

Spain

#14 Aug 11, 2007
Man,what a mess of quotes,looks like we are not going to find an agreement,mate
just to add
F3000 and gp2 are the same competition
its true alonso didnt make any Major achievement with minardi, but alonso did amuse everybody finising near the points several times, with the crappiest car on the grid. so well,he did, todt offers alonso 5 year contract with ferrari 2 as a tester and 3 in the main team but not offering any money to giancarlo minardi.when abad had almost pen the contract and shaked hands with todt. alonso refused.(there come the sentence alonso wont sign ferrari while im there).mainly because then flavio came with a better offer that included money for minardi,and because alonso knew he will end up doing a second fiddle to MS.
time showed up he did the right decision moving with flav.and his refusal made this offer went then to massa.
mclaren do benefit ham.theres no more blind than the one that doesnt want to see.
alonso is not god and nobody has to bow down to him.
just want a clean competition without external aids like cranes fia nights of the long knives and all this crap.
as i consider for myself last race void, i consider at least 5 of hamilton points are not deserved. if finally hamilton handles and wins this title with a huge difference over any driver the i would have not any problem to recognize his skill.
i agree is not fair to compare both drives as there no comparison yet.but is not useless to remark the hype.
Jayde

South Africa

#15 Aug 13, 2007
Sorry, the facts on Lewis' achievements aren't completely listed.

Youngest F1 driver to publicly call other drivers in less powerful cars who were backmarkers, "monkeys," showing a total lack of respect and professionalism, and getting away with it, when had the situation been reveresed, and had Hamilton been called a "monkey" the person calling him that would have been severely criticized and accused of racist or hate speech.

Youngest F1 driver to disobey team instructions which ultimately led to his team being penalized by getting no constructor points.

Youngest F1 driver to swear at the man who has been responsible for mentoring, and financing him to the tune of several million pounds, without which he ( Lewis) would be just another anonymous wannabe. This display of foul language, lack of respect and lack of gratitude included telling his boss to f**king go and swivel. Another first for an F1 driver.

Youngest F1 driver to still have his daddy tagging along everywhere and interfering in everything I suppose we should be grateful it's his daddy, if it was his mommy, he'd still be breast feeding or hanging off her apron strings.
dave

UK

#16 Aug 13, 2007
kojikabuto wrote:
F3000 and gp2 are the same competition
So why did you not list Hamiltons F3000 achievements when you listed Alonso's?!?!

All I'm saying is if you wish to compare, do it properly.
koji

Spain

#17 Aug 13, 2007
good one jayde.
i did not mention hamiltons F3000 achievements because he did not race in that competition.
as F3000 was before gp2 existed.
but i imagine u mean why i didnt put his achivements before beign an f1 professional.
because the original point on this thread was not compare both drivers.did it because of the hype,read the title of the thread
if a wanted to do a proper comparison, title would be different.dont u think?
dave

UK

#18 Aug 13, 2007
So you title the thread 'Who is Alonso...

you post all of Alonso's achievements....

and then you psot Hamilton's F1 achievement's...

The you ask 'Who is Hamilton'...

What was your aim of this thread if it was not to compare drivers? And if your aim was not to compare, why did you include Hamilton's achievements?
koji

Spain

#19 Aug 13, 2007
my aim in this thread is to make people have clear which are alonso achievements and his actual f1 records

people who actually likes alonso and are not spaniards seems to be a bit confused about whats he has done really and some sort of other details,like who is his real manager,which is not flav.

hamilton appearance on this thread is purely as a brief and anecdotical,as hamilton achievements are not of our interest really,and anyway the have been widely explained by jayde,as u can read.
dave

UK

#20 Aug 13, 2007
By asking who Alonso is and then asking who Hamilton is, it looks like you are trying to make it out that Hamilton has few achievements and that Alonso is far superior by comparing.

Absolutely pointless naming off Hamilton's F1 achievements if this thread was 'ment to be about Alonso'.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fernando Alonso Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fernando Alonso not unduly negative despite sta... (Jun '17) Jun '17 The phartse 3
News Montoya in talks with Renault? (Feb '06) Jan '17 wagonball 27
News Malaysian Grand Prix: News round-up (Apr '15) Oct '16 yudawe 28
News Sebastian Vettel has lucked into Ferrari resurg... (Apr '15) Mar '16 Fart news 4
News F1 ACCESS30 Mar 2015 Alonso: McLaren exceeded m... (Apr '15) Apr '15 stewart scott 2
News Fernando Alonso kept in hospital overnight as S... (Feb '15) Mar '15 Wild World 3
News Kimi Raikkonen is more than happy with his new ... (Feb '15) Feb '15 nascarsux 3