Klien and Toro Rosso

Klien and Toro Rosso

There are 7 comments on the F1-live.com story from Jun 19, 2006, titled Klien and Toro Rosso. In it, F1-live.com reports that:

Red Bull could use its junior team to rescue Christian Klien's F1 career - should he lose his ride at Red Bull Ferrari at the end of the season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at F1-live.com.

MSW

Oregon City, OR

#1 Jun 21, 2006
From a marketing perspective Red Bull would have to be crazy to lose Klein. The largest growth market for Red Bull products is the US -- and young females in the US love Christian Klein. Klein fits in perfectly with Red Bull's grassroots efforts across US college campuses where beautiful girls "sponsor" parties and serve Red Bull. Where the girls are, is where the guys are, and if the girls like Klein, they’ll all like Red Bull.

F1 interest is on the rise in the US and in particular with the Red Bull target audience. I suggest before making any decision in regard to losing a driver that Red Bull try a focus group test in the US and see just which driver the girls prefer -- an engaged, aging Scotsman who only has a year or so left to drive,- or a hot, young, single racecar driver who speaks English with an Austrian accent. My money is on Klein and if Red Bull follows its winning marketing formula then they'll bet on Klein as well.
Kelli

Colchester, UK

#2 Jul 6, 2006
as if!

Klien may have popularity, but that's just not it in formula one! you have to get results - which Klien hasn't. he's being outdone by coulthard everytime.

and on the subject of popularity - i have been to many races and every fan i've spoken to, supporters of all different teams and from all different countries, has nothing but utmost respect for coulthard and his achievements. Klien has no such achievements to speak of - therefore Red Bull would be absolutely crazy to drop Klien.
pkys

Turkey

#3 Aug 14, 2006
i wonder if he has a girlfriend?
Julia

Russia

#4 Sep 14, 2006
yes he has, her name is Franziska
fransisca

Bogor, Indonesia

#5 Sep 26, 2006
I like Klien very much because among the young drivers he is still the best and fastest.He is my motivator. But lately he drives so badly, he always had a problem with his race car.What is wrong with him? He has good skill, good look and good driver..with those things he should drive faster than his teammate.In the fact,his performance is dissapointing.Is he still in F1?Champ Car is not suits on his carrier!!
Mr-bean

UK

#6 Oct 23, 2006
Klien is a character. How things are looking, i think it's best if he gets a role as a test driver. As Tiago Monteiro might get the spyker seat.
Julia

Russia

#7 Dec 22, 2006
And now the things are quite good for him. I hope that Honda won't drop him one day, because he deserves a better role within the team. I think that they will have good relalationship with Button, they are both calm and reasonable guys.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Christian Klien Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christian Klien - nude ! (Aug '11) Aug '11 Deshawn 1
News Klien gets nod for BMW reserve slot. (Feb '08) Feb '08 gerhard amann 1
christian klien (Jul '07) Jul '07 kelz 1
News Karthikeyan, Klien on Spyker's list (Jul '07) Jul '07 DENNY 1
News Doornbos Sees Stock Rise in Auto Racing (Jul '07) Jul '07 No kidding 1
News Klien sounds out Spyker after Red Bull split (Sep '06) Jun '07 monique klien 2
News Klien criticises RBR lineup (Jan '07) Jan '07 clarky 1
More from around the web