Petronas is Mercedes F1 team title sp...

Petronas is Mercedes F1 team title sponsor

There are 66 comments on the thestar.com.my story from Dec 21, 2009, titled Petronas is Mercedes F1 team title sponsor. In it, thestar.com.my reports that:

KUALA LUMPUR: Ma lay sian state oil and gas com pany Petro nas will be title sponsor of the Mer ce des For mula One team next season, Mer cedes announ ced yes terday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at thestar.com.my.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Sep 09

Shah Alam, Malaysia

#1 Dec 22, 2009
KUALA LUMPUR: Ma­lay­­sian state oil and gas com­­pany Petro­nas will be title sponsor of the Mer­­ce­des For­mula One team next season, Mer­cedes announ­ced yes­terday.

The team, formerly champions Brawn GP, will become Mercedes GP Petronas with the oil company’s branding across the car and team liveries in what they said was a long-term agreement.

“The new title partnership also paves the way for future collaborations between the two companies,” Mercedes added in a statement.

They said Petronas would be able to “generate sustainable business growth, particularly in their downstream lubricants market, through the strategic partnership and business alliance with Mercedes-Benz.”

Mercedes said their 2010 car would be presented in their new livery for the first test of the new season at the Valencia circuit in Spain on Feb 1.

Petronas, who previously sponsored the BMW-Sauber team, will continue to be the title backer of the Malaysian Grand Prix – the third round of the season at Sepang on April 4.

“Petronas’ home base in Kuala Lumpur is located in the middle of a fast-growing region for the automotive industry which makes this new partnership even more valuable,” said Mercedes motorsport vice-president Norbert Haug.

The deal with Mercedes will be a blow to both Swiss-based Sauber, in urgent need of sponsors after the withdrawal of BMW at the end of the season, as well as the new Malaysian-backed Lotus team.

Lotus F1 boss Tony Fernandes, who also runs AirAsia , had hoped to bring Petronas on board given that his team have government support and his airline is a major purchaser of aviation fuel.

The Lotus car company is also owned by Malaysian state car company Proton.

Mercedes have signed Germany’s Nico Rosberg as one driver and are widely expected to have seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher as the other if he makes a comeback at the age of 41.— Reuters
songsingkong

Sydney, Australia

#2 Dec 22, 2009
we lost 100 billion were it is i really thing we malaysia lost like 400 billion how ever core this is wrong in my belife it is around 400 billlion what we all can do with that money
songsingkong

Sydney, Australia

#3 Dec 22, 2009
we all malaysia are slave only 30 to 40 wealthy family all of us malaysia are slave to them 400 billion what we as are malaysia can do with that money
pangeran ijo

Santa Clara, CA

#4 Dec 22, 2009
Malaysia maltreat Sarawak Sabah just for A PRAISE.. It is malicious..
123xyz

Kulim, Malaysia

#5 Dec 22, 2009
songsingkong wrote:
we lost 100 billion were it is i really thing we malaysia lost like 400 billion how ever core this is wrong in my belife it is around 400 billlion what we all can do with that money
dia ni cakap aper? aku tak faham ler.
123xyz

Kulim, Malaysia

#6 Dec 22, 2009
pangeran ijo wrote:
Malaysia maltreat Sarawak Sabah just for A PRAISE.. It is malicious..
jgn ler dengki... xD
xhabis2 ngan sabah sarawak. org2 papua new guinea pun xnak duk bawah indon ler. try cari kasus FREEPORT INDONESIA erk. xD

xhabis2 nak provoke. indon2.
Psikiater Malon

Santa Clara, CA

#7 Dec 22, 2009
Sarawakian is the poorest people in the world www.infobintulu.com
Please, use your brain, dude..
Johny Kemut

Bukit Mertajam, Malaysia

#8 Dec 22, 2009
What Pertamina can do in this world?? They are only a corrupt vehicle for Indonesian leaders and their cronies..

What a pity to this stupid country...ckckck
Psikiater Malon

Santa Clara, CA

#9 Dec 22, 2009
I kn0w that malaysia is the small country which have big weakness.. I never feel jealous but i feel nasty to malaysia..
Johny Kemut

Bukit Mertajam, Malaysia

#10 Dec 22, 2009
Psikiater Malon wrote:
Sarawakian is the poorest people in the world www.infobintulu.com
Please, use your brain, dude..
Poor people exist everywhere in the world including USA...but sad to say that it happened just right in front of Indonesian President's eye..what a shame country..ckckck
Psikiater Malon

Santa Clara, CA

#11 Dec 22, 2009
Johny Kemut wrote:
What Pertamina can do in this world?? They are only a corrupt vehicle for Indonesian leaders and their cronies..
What a pity to this stupid country...ckckck
I think that welfare of people is more important than a praise.. I dont kn0w why malaysia attempts so hard just for get a praise.. malaysians dont have the great achievement in their history..
Psikiater Malon

Santa Clara, CA

#12 Dec 22, 2009
Johny Kemut wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor people exist everywhere in the world including USA...but sad to say that it happened just right in front of Indonesian President's eye..what a shame country..ckckck
I think, profit of petronus is used to welfare sarawakian.. Not just to a praise.. Yes, Malaysia is a most shame c0untry.. Small c0untry but have very big shame..
Johny Kemut

Bukit Mertajam, Malaysia

#13 Dec 22, 2009
Psikiater Malon wrote:
<quoted text>I think that welfare of people is more important than a praise.. I dont kn0w why malaysia attempts so hard just for get a praise.. malaysians dont have the great achievement in their history..
Petronas excelled and became one of the top conglomerate in the world..that's purely an achievement that can't be denied..

Bare in mind, in business world, bottom line or profit come first before social obligations..if a company cannot make any profit, social obligations won't come easily..

For sure, Pertamina is a corrupt vehicle for corruptors who like to act corruptly by giving an excuses that it has been used for the welfare of Indon's people..
Johny Kemut

Bukit Mertajam, Malaysia

#14 Dec 22, 2009
Psikiater Malon wrote:
<quoted text>I think, profit of petronus is used to welfare sarawakian.. Not just to a praise.. Yes, Malaysia is a most shame c0untry.. Small c0untry but have very big shame..
Sarawakian and Sabahan have their fair share of profits from Petronas..Firstly, they got their royalty from oil exploration in their territory..secondly, they also got annual budget allocation from the federal government which were derrived partly from income tax of Petronas..Accumulatively, they got more than 2% of royalty from Petronas..

What Pertamina give to Aceh and Riau people?? They are the biggest oil contributer at the moment..
Psikiater Malon

Santa Clara, CA

#15 Dec 22, 2009
Oil in Indonesia not only pertamina that explore it.. Gov indonesia give chance to Chevron, Total, Exxon.. Since regional otonomy, each region in Indonesia get between 75-90% of natural resources income except to Papua n aceh get special otonomy.. Match it with Sabah sarawak which just get 5% of natural resources inc0me.. It is not fair..
-
Please, dont be narr0w minded like a frog under the c0c0nut shell..
firdaus anak itb

Jakarta, Indonesia

#17 Dec 23, 2009
Psikiater Malon wrote:
Oil in Indonesia not only pertamina that explore it.. Gov indonesia give chance to Chevron, Total, Exxon.. Since regional otonomy, each region in Indonesia get between 75-90% of natural resources income except to Papua n aceh get special otonomy.. Match it with Sabah sarawak which just get 5% of natural resources inc0me.. It is not fair..
-
Please, dont be narr0w minded like a frog under the c0c0nut shell..
apaan sih ini anak, kamu itu dibodohin pemerintah, kamu hanya dapat kompensasi dikit dari perusahaan asing ini..
firdaus anak itb

Jakarta, Indonesia

#18 Dec 23, 2009
teman saya anak papua, mau merdeka tu.. katanya hukum dan keadilan mati di indo.. masa bumi mereka penuh emas segala.. ga dapat sepeser pun (di korupsi kali).. miskin melarat.. ga maju.. sedangkan hasil bumi melimpah.. di bawa lari freeport.. aduh kasihan saya lihat nya.. tapi saya ga mau campur, cuma simpati aja.. melihat komentar forumer indo disini membuat saya memandang hina kalian yg hanya melihat keburukan negara malaysia tanpa intropeksi diri kalian yg jauh lebih terpuruk dan hina itu. terus dia bilang susah mau merdeka karena ada 10000 tni siap siaga di papua,, wah banyak bangat, kata hati saya.. salam damai xD
firdaus anak itb

Jakarta, Indonesia

#19 Dec 23, 2009
songsingkong wrote:
we lost 100 billion were it is i really thing we malaysia lost like 400 billion how ever core this is wrong in my belife it is around 400 billlion what we all can do with that money
eh kamu ni, pi blaja balik english,, jelek bangat ni,, beneran loe di sydney.. kok aneh ya english nya.. bertahun2 saya pakai ga ngerti ni.. hehehehe..

Since: Nov 09

K.LUMPUR,JOHOR BHARU MALAYSIA.

#20 Dec 23, 2009
biar kn
petronas

Malaysia

#21 Dec 23, 2009
songsingkong wrote:
we all malaysia are slave only 30 to 40 wealthy family all of us malaysia are slave to them 400 billion what we as are malaysia can do with that money
wtf are you bullshitting about bitch ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BMW Sauber F1 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News F-1 Teams Kick Off Testing At Jerez (Feb '15) Feb '15 F1 Funatic 2
News Ferrari rules out Kubica F1 comeback (Oct '13) Dec '13 Gott War Racing 3
News The 2012 season by the numbers (Dec '12) Dec '12 F1 Funatic 1
News Ferrari rumours fire again after Perez podium (Sep '12) Sep '12 Manuel 1
News F1: Clever Sauber Turning Heads In 2012 (Apr '12) Apr '12 P_Smith 1
News Heidfeld out of Renault running as he accepts M... (Jan '10) Apr '12 au pair 2
News Alonso lands surprise win in Malaysia (Mar '12) Mar '12 Montoya4ever 9