McLaren plans appeal to sustain Hamil...

McLaren plans appeal to sustain Hamilton Formula One title dream

There are 200 comments on the Raw Story story from Oct 22, 2007, titled McLaren plans appeal to sustain Hamilton Formula One title dream. In it, Raw Story reports that:

The McLaren Mercedes-Benz Formula One team said Sunday night it was ready to appeal a stewards decision at the Brazilian Grand Prix, keeping alive Briton Lewis Hamilton’s F1 title dream. via Raw Story

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Raw Story.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Andrea

Pasig City, Philippines

#2 Oct 22, 2007
Oh please, if Lewis had won, would McLaren even bother with the fuel irregularity? I think not.

And yeah, it's just part of their desire to uphold the regulations...same as NOT divulging that one of their top employees had Ferrari specs. Talk about standard.

To reiterate, if the Big Crybaby is crowned the champion, then he will go down in history as the rookie who won because he had help (a lot of help from the marshals when he got pushed out of the gravel, a lot of help from Ron Dennis, a lot of help from Nigel Stepney, the list goes on and on and on...)

Guys, keep your dignity. Go home, regroup, win it next year. But do it without another team's specs, ok?
Nicole

Espoo, Finland

#4 Oct 22, 2007
Oh my god - now it's Hill's turn to say that FIA favours Ferrari?????

Read and weep!

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_2...
Lewis Ecclestone

Vigo, Spain

#5 Oct 22, 2007
Ok, then:

1.-Lewis must loose the points of China.
2.-Lewis must loose 10 position for blocking Kimi Raikonen in Brazil.
3.-Lewis must be punished for change the tires on Brazil.
4.-Lewis must be punished for don't get out the car in European GP.
...
And If the spy of McLaren was true Hamilton and Alonso must have 0 points now.
James Johnson

UK

#6 Oct 22, 2007
Lewis Ecclestone wrote:
Ok, then:
1.-Lewis must loose the points of China.
2.-Lewis must loose 10 position for blocking Kimi Raikonen in Brazil.
3.-Lewis must be punished for change the tires on Brazil.
4.-Lewis must be punished for don't get out the car in European GP.
...
And If the spy of McLaren was true Hamilton and Alonso must have 0 points now.
OH YES MY FRIEND BRING IT ON.
Ganesh

Beijing, China

#7 Oct 22, 2007
Yup even if u meant it sarcastically he should have got all those punishments.

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#9 Oct 22, 2007
Nicole wrote:
Oh my god - now it's Hill's turn to say that FIA favours Ferrari?????
Read and weep!
http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_2...
Nicole, just another has been one hit wonder F1 driver who had to use daddy's name to get into the sport shouting the odds, because they think he is an expert. He is an expert, one at crying like a baby. Starting to see a pattern here with British drivers and teams. I just wonder if Damon and Jacques are big buddies, they seem to dance the same tune.
Devoted Ferrari fan

UK

#10 Oct 22, 2007
Maclaren are just bad losers how convenient that the drivers under investigation all finished in front of Hamilton stopping him get the title. Face it HE IS NOT THE WORLD CHAMPION! Kimi is and deserves it why should he give up the title when he has been crowned champion he and Ferrari have done nothing wrong For God sake how much more of this s..t to we have to take from Maclaren grow up and crawl back in your hole!
Just an old F1 fan

Boca Raton, FL

#11 Oct 22, 2007
Between Hamilton's gimme's and Microsoft getting into standardized ECU's, I am about to lose interest altogether in F1.

KLS

Since: Aug 07

Reno, NV

#12 Oct 22, 2007
What a freakin cry-baby. Hamilton practically had this title handed to him and he screwed up, If he would'nt have made those idiotic driving errors he would have the title and I guarantee McLaren would'nt be bringing this up now. McLaren should be banned for 1 year for embarrasing F1
Gemma

Santa Cruz De Tenerife, Spain

#13 Oct 22, 2007
Hamilton is trying to win the tittle that he has lost by himself! He´s a spoilt boy!!! and have no humility!!!
First learn and then...try to win without cheating!

Laz

“*Insert trolling comment here*”

Since: Oct 07

Gets 'em thru the long grass.

#14 Oct 22, 2007
Nicole wrote:
Oh my god - now it's Hill's turn to say that FIA favours Ferrari?????
Read and weep!
http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_2...
Is that Damon Hill member and chairman of the BRDC who also own Silverstone and therefore can only profit from an English WC.
I would take anything he says with a pince of salt.
JMT

Lisbon, Portugal

#15 Oct 22, 2007
One of the last press conferences before the Brzilian Grand Prix:
journalist: have you thought to leave Brazil without the world champion title?
Hamilton: NO
another "brilliant" declaration of Lewis.
"China mistake made me stronger". What does this boy think is doing? playing video games?, Where is the humility? He is racing against quite talented pilots, a double world champion...At the end we have witnessed that the wonderboy is just a rookie and has too much to learn from others, begining with his team mate.

“Boo Hoo - I didn't win!!!!”

Since: Jul 07

Luton

#16 Oct 22, 2007
and if mclaren had won and it was their fuel that had problems do you really think Ferrari would just roll over and let it lie????

Since: Oct 07

Düsseldorf, Germany

#17 Oct 22, 2007
Lewis Ecclestone wrote:
Ok, then:
1.-Lewis must loose the points of China.
2.-Lewis must loose 10 position for blocking Kimi Raikonen in Brazil.
3.-Lewis must be punished for change the tires on Brazil.
4.-Lewis must be punished for don't get out the car in European GP.
...
And If the spy of McLaren was true Hamilton and Alonso must have 0 points now.
Go and play in your frigging sandpit (Spain)
Nicole

Espoo, Finland

#18 Oct 22, 2007
redneck Bob from Atlanta wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicole, just another has been one hit wonder F1 driver who had to use daddy's name to get into the sport shouting the odds, because they think he is an expert. He is an expert, one at crying like a baby. Starting to see a pattern here with British drivers and teams. I just wonder if Damon and Jacques are big buddies, they seem to dance the same tune.
I'm starting to see the same light here, Bob ;)
chinaclive

Suzhou, China

#19 Oct 22, 2007
Ok Guys
Lets get something straight, the reasons for regulations is to ensure that all the teams run a fair race and that the cars are safe, we have heard nothing this year more then this team or that have run cars that are not to this or that.

We had The Ferrari’s with a movable floor system in the first race, no penalty, we had cars with illegal front wings, and a ridicules fine imposed without real evidence. So why should Ron accept any thing less then “to the letter or the Law”. You can bet one thing for sure, if it was J Todd we would not be having this discussion, the stewards would have eliminated both teams, sent them to goal and looking for a hit man.

This year is not going to be remembered as one of the finest years of actual motor racing but one of the years that the FIA lost the plot.
Andrea wrote:
Oh please, if Lewis had won, would McLaren even bother with the fuel irregularity? I think not.
And yeah, it's just part of their desire to uphold the regulations...same as NOT divulging that one of their top employees had Ferrari specs. Talk about standard.
To reiterate, if the Big Crybaby is crowned the champion, then he will go down in history as the rookie who won because he had help (a lot of help from the marshals when he got pushed out of the gravel, a lot of help from Ron Dennis, a lot of help from Nigel Stepney, the list goes on and on and on...)
Guys, keep your dignity. Go home, regroup, win it next year. But do it without another team's specs, ok?
chinaclive

Suzhou, China

#20 Oct 22, 2007
Ok Guys
Lets get something straight, the reasons for regulations is to ensure that all the teams run a fair race and that the cars are safe, we have heard nothing this year more then this team or that have run cars that are not to this or that.

We had The Ferrari’s with a movable floor system in the first race, no penalty, we had cars with illegal front wings, and a ridicules fine imposed without real evidence. So why should Ron accept any thing less then “to the letter or the Law”. You can bet one thing for sure, if it was J Todd we would not be having this discussion, the stewards would have eliminated both teams, sent them to goal and looking for a hit man.

This year is not going to be remembered as one of the finest years of actual motor racing but one of the years that the FIA lost the plot.

Since: Aug 07

Casey, Australia

#21 Oct 22, 2007
lockma wrote:
and if mclaren had won and it was their fuel that had problems do you really think Ferrari would just roll over and let it lie????
I dont want to see the title taken from Kimi but you're dead right - Ferrari would have sqealed and so would their whole following had McLaren won the CShip with low fuel temps.

What conserns me is the Brazillian Stewards stated they couldn't be certain if Williams and BMW's fuel was below 10 degrees. How hard is it to read a themometer?

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#22 Oct 22, 2007
lockma wrote:
and if mclaren had won and it was their fuel that had problems do you really think Ferrari would just roll over and let it lie????
Come on Lockie get over it now, even with all the crap going on this season you cannot stand there and actually defend Macca. They F***ed it all up, Lewis could not keep his nerve, cried like a baby, had daddy do his dirty work, crawled up Ron and Bernie's butt, took 17 points advantage into the last 2 races, and still he could not win the championship. Ferrari are not a bunch of cry babies like the macca lot are, they have been in this game long enough to know what it's about. Stop trying to turn thr blame to Ferrari for the digusting embarrassing cheating performance from your "great" English Woking cheaters. That's just pathetic. I before you go off, I feel the same about Alonso, so don't think it's just one sided against the "Blunder boy" oops my mistake, should be "Wonder boy"

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#23 Oct 22, 2007
Fimsbridge wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont want to see the title taken from Kimi but you're dead right - Ferrari would have sqealed and so would their whole following had McLaren won the CShip with low fuel temps.
What conserns me is the Brazillian Stewards stated they couldn't be certain if Williams and BMW's fuel was below 10 degrees. How hard is it to read a themometer?
But it was neither Ferrari nor Macca with the "low temp" fuel, so what's your point. Oh by the way, you lot down under have no credibility, you could not even get to the semi's of the rugger world cup. Maybe you should be concerning yourself more with fixing that huge but not unexpected problem that trying to work out such difficult things like who was actually using the chilled fuel. So in the spirit of things, the worst that BMW and Wiliams should get if they did in fact over step the mark is a fine, or do the fines only happen when Macca is caught using the wrong boots. What's good for the goose mate! You Macca bunch are just so sick that in the end the great season Macca was supposed to have just crumbled into oblivion, what with cheating, and all the crap between Hamilton and Alonso, to actually lose the drivers in the end must be such a bitter pill to swallow, especially since it was Ferrari who did the leasson teaching in the end....again. Now we look forward to next year and the performance of the great Silver Scuderia Maclaren Ferrari. Bloody cheating clowns. By the way, Squealed has a "U" in it. should have got that one right, after all, the Bruce's down under just love a good old "ewe" every now and again, not so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BMW Sauber F1 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News F-1 Teams Kick Off Testing At Jerez (Feb '15) Feb '15 F1 Funatic 2
News Ferrari rules out Kubica F1 comeback (Oct '13) Dec '13 Gott War Racing 3
News The 2012 season by the numbers (Dec '12) Dec '12 F1 Funatic 1
News Ferrari rumours fire again after Perez podium (Sep '12) Sep '12 Manuel 1
News F1: Clever Sauber Turning Heads In 2012 (Apr '12) Apr '12 P_Smith 1
News Heidfeld out of Renault running as he accepts M... (Jan '10) Apr '12 au pair 2
News Alonso lands surprise win in Malaysia (Mar '12) Mar '12 Montoya4ever 9
More from around the web