Penalised Hamilton says he can win in France

Jun 11, 2008 Full story: Reuters UK 26

McLaren's Lewis Hamilton said on Wednesday he could still win next week's French Grand Prix despite a 10-place penalty on the starting grid.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bobby_

Guelph, Canada

#1 Jun 13, 2008
Sure Lewis, as long as there are no stationary Ferrari or slow moving Renault in sight, and how you plan to beat Heikky in identical car from 10 places back???

Oh, sure silly me......there is Mclaren equality policy in place for that:(
gabe

Windsor, Canada

#2 Jun 13, 2008
europe....yeah i's about time for him to start chokig again...

Laz

“*Insert trolling comment here*”

Since: Oct 07

Gets 'em thru the long grass.

#3 Jun 14, 2008
Haha, somebody owes me 5p ALREADY!

http://www.topix.com/forum/formula1/fernando-...
Roughneck

London, UK

#4 Jun 14, 2008
bobby_ wrote:
Sure Lewis, as long as there are no stationary Ferrari or slow moving Renault in sight, and how you plan to beat Heikky in identical car from 10 places back???
Hey Bobby he will probably only be a couple of places behind Heikky after dropping down the grid?
Kimi world champion

Bucharest, Romania

#5 Jun 16, 2008
bobby_ wrote:
exactly my thoughts :)
I think he will manage to take over few places but nothing else!
Kimi_70

Jakarta, Indonesia

#6 Jun 18, 2008
He will!!! With all the top drivers are having DNF!!!!
Roughneck

London, UK

#7 Jun 18, 2008
Kimi_70 wrote:
He will!!! With all the top drivers are having DNF!!!!
Well,thats what gave kubica his maiden..
bobby_

Richmond Hill, Canada

#8 Jun 18, 2008
Roughneck wrote:
<quoted text>Well,thats what gave kubica his maiden..
That did not make him the points leader in the 5th quickest car, after 7 races, the fact that he drives better did.
Roughneck

London, UK

#9 Jun 19, 2008
bobby_ wrote:
<quoted text>
That did not make him the points leader in the 5th quickest car, after 7 races, the fact that he drives better did.
DNFS ahead of him dont play a part then?
bobby_

Toronto, Canada

#10 Jun 19, 2008
Roughneck wrote:
<quoted text>DNFS ahead of him dont play a part then?
It did not made Massa leader, in the much faster car, cos FM made to many mistakes this season, Kube is a leader right now because he drove exceptionally so far....geddit?

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#11 Jun 20, 2008
bobby_ wrote:
<quoted text>
It did not made Massa leader, in the much faster car, cos FM made to many mistakes this season, Kube is a leader right now because he drove exceptionally so far....geddit?
But Bobby, Felipe Massa only made one mistake (he lost it in malaysia), not many, and he is in second on the drivers, just 4 points behind Kubica. Keep in mind that in Aussie his car's engine gave up the ghost. So what gives, he has won 2, and been on the poduim 4 out of 7 races, that's certainly not too many mistakes.

Now if we compare that to Alonso.....car-B-que's, crashing out...if ever there was someone who has made too many mistakes......ah but it's cause he has nothing to lose, he's taking a few risks...ha ha ha
Roughneck

London, UK

#12 Jun 20, 2008
bobby_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ged wot ??? Bobby
bobby_

Toronto, Canada

#13 Jun 20, 2008
redneck Bob from Atlanta wrote:
<quoted text>
Now if we compare that to Alonso.....car-B-que's, crashing out...if ever there was someone who has made too many mistakes......ah but it's cause he has nothing to lose, he's taking a few risks...ha ha ha
I can understand your sarcasm Reddo, but if I would say it, I would be serious, and I can explain it to you, what is clear from your posts, is that you are watching a lot of racing, what is not clear is how much is going over your head....so I would start with basics:

Racing is pretty simple in the nutshell, you have a car, you drive it, you drive a tiny bit to fast....you crash, you drive a little bit to slow....you lose.....here is the trick thou, you need a really good car to play this game at the top, FA is driving the car that doesn't have reason to get in Q3 on it's merit....so, by driving in the championship winning manner with no risk taking he would be 7th or 8ht, by pushing above the limit he have a chance of scoring decent points, or losing a point.......so yes he truly can risk it.

He already have proven what he can do in the decent car: 2005 and 06, in 2 seasons, 34 races he made 1 unforced error, crashed in Canada....one! Pretty good average, compare with leaders of today, they loosing 8 or 10 points by screwing up.....if you think it is not fun to trash a million dollar (but uncompetitive) car and be paid about 3 mil a race…..than I don’t know what is.:)
bobby_

Toronto, Canada

#14 Jun 20, 2008
redneck Bob from Atlanta wrote:
<quoted text>
But Bobby, Felipe Massa only made one mistake (he lost it in malaysia), not many, and he is in second on the drivers, just 4 points behind Kubica. Keep in mind that in Aussie his car's engine gave up the ghost. So what gives, he has won 2, and been on the poduim 4 out of 7 races, that's certainly not too many mistakes.
But it is not coincedence I used Massa as an example, after all it is you who is running around, telling anybody who would listen that ferrari is so freaking dominant!!
So with Kimi having 2 zero pints races.....shouldn't Cabana boy be leading the title race in the fastest ca???

How come the guy in the 5th fastest car is leading???

You say he exit with smoked engine in Ozz, but just face it he drove like crap too, spinned few times on his own, knocked out DC....and yes bardequed ferrari! Can he afford it.....like Alonso.....honestly??

“I only know I know nothing”

Since: Jun 07

Ottawa

#16 Jun 21, 2008
Roughneck wrote:
<quoted text>Well,thats what gave kubica his maiden..
Hamilton, mainly, gave Kubica his maiden. Very generous of him. Maybe he is not as bad as he seems.

Laz

#17 Jun 21, 2008
Is that like he gave Raikkonen his maiden WC?

Hamilton did give Kubica his first win when he made the desicion of which stationary car to hit, its another example of 'Hamilton vision' where he fails to see the bigger picture, think Alonso in Brazil, he was so obsessed with him that (as mentioned) he allowed Kimi to sneak up and win, just like his obsession with Kimi has allowed Kubica to sneak up and not only win but go top of the WC leader board.
His temperament (or lack of it) appears to be his achilles heel, or should I say one of them along with lack of real talent beyond going fast in the best car on the grid and technical know how.

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#18 Jun 21, 2008
bobby_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand your sarcasm Reddo, but if I would say it, I would be serious, and I can explain it to you, what is clear from your posts, is that you are watching a lot of racing, what is not clear is how much is going over your head....so I would start with basics:
Racing is pretty simple in the nutshell, you have a car, you drive it, you drive a tiny bit to fast....you crash, you drive a little bit to slow....you lose.....here is the trick thou, you need a really good car to play this game at the top, FA is driving the car that doesn't have reason to get in Q3 on it's merit....so, by driving in the championship winning manner with no risk taking he would be 7th or 8ht, by pushing above the limit he have a chance of scoring decent points, or losing a point.......so yes he truly can risk it.
He already have proven what he can do in the decent car: 2005 and 06, in 2 seasons, 34 races he made 1 unforced error, crashed in Canada....one! Pretty good average, compare with leaders of today, they loosing 8 or 10 points by screwing up.....if you think it is not fun to trash a million dollar (but uncompetitive) car and be paid about 3 mil a race…..than I don’t know what is.:)
What is clear is that all of the racing you watch is going over you freaking house never mind just the head. The great Alonso who was given arguably the best car on the grid in 2007 decided to rather take on the British by declaring that they were not favouring him, that Lewis was getting more attention blah blah blah, and the end result he never won the 2007 WDC which he should have done if he had shut the F*** up and rather driven. Go back last year and you will read that I said that all the time. Now in a Renault he scores a 4th place in the first race where only 6 cars finished. And since then he has scored only 4 points in 6 races, certainly not driving anything beyond where it should be hey beaver boy. Alonso is crap, he has scored in only 3 races, so he is not pushing to gain a 7th or an 8th in each race as you seem to think, he is awful right now end of story. Keep in mind this supposed genuis has only managed to win 5 races since July 2, 2006, a total of 33 races, he has about a 15% win rate, and that with 26 of those races in a pretty decent car.

Quite frankly Bobby you are right about the description of how F1 works, but I already know that, you seem to forget I am a ferrari man, so I expect nothing less of them that to be in the mix in every qualifying, every race. And yes shit happens and drivers don't finish, sometimes they do go too slow and lose, sometimes they go too fast and spin out, because of their own mistakes, or because of the mistakes of others, but always the prancing ponies are there. Where has the great renault and Alonso really been this year????

But then sometimes there are drivers who think they have the fastest car yet don't and they end up being a sad excuse for an ex world champion driving like a clown. And sometimes his fans think its ok, because when the season started we were told he was going to win his 3rd WDC, no questions asked, and now that has changed, and it's just good to see him on the gird, seeing him taking risks. I'm sorry Bobby there is no excuse for that, he's crap the car is crap and the bottom line is for the second season in a row this supposed great driver is a failure. Now that is F1 my friend, there can be only one winner, nobody gets the trophy for trying hard, or taking risks, or as was so hilariously stated last year...for being a morale winner. Sure give the Spaniard a putty meadal, with a wooden string, what a hero he is, such a great driver.

bobby_

Guelph, Canada

#19 Jun 21, 2008

It is not surprising that I disagree with most of your post, the parts that a simply not true, IF FA would STFU and drove, he would end up like Kovalinen, LH have few good results at the start, and RD decided to bank on him, FA had race strategy forced on him, like Kova this year.

And I never said that he will win WDC after I sow winter testing, FA said it him self: "podiums will be a miracle", of course before testing I was optimistic, Renault started on 08 car mid 07, but the car is crap, and still slow, he could not get close to Heidfeld (who was mach heavier) to even try to outbrake him, put Massa in Renault today and he would have zero points, lucky to get in Q3.

I agree with you that results so far are poor, he is able to improve the car, but have little to show for it, as you said, shit happens, he have proven already that he can deliver when it really counts, and now he outperforms uncompetitive car, and it did not paid off so far......so what? he is losing one point by crashing out....big deal!!

So if you take venom out of your posts, you would see that we are not so far apart, I have no problem with your humor, it's appreciated......it's the venom that makes me scratch my head....were this is coming from?

Laz

#20 Jun 22, 2008
Somebody owes me another 5p, in an interview on ITV Lewis has just said this "Ive just had a text from a friend saying, anyone can win from the front".

Its a shame that you think you are great because its about the only thing you can do Lewis.

“evil flourishes when-”

- good men do nothing

#21 Jun 22, 2008
Laz wrote:
Somebody owes me another 5p, in an interview on ITV Lewis has just said this "Ive just had a text from a friend saying, anyone can win from the front".
Its a shame that you think you are great because its about the only thing you can do Lewis.
Yeah I had to laugh at that one, the funniest bit was that Ham thought the guy was a friend offering him support!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BMW Sauber F1 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferrari rules out Kubica F1 comeback (Oct '13) Dec '13 Gott War Racing 3
The 2012 season by the numbers (Dec '12) Dec '12 F1 Funatic 1
Ferrari rumours fire again after Perez podium (Sep '12) Sep '12 Manuel 1
F1: Clever Sauber Turning Heads In 2012 (Apr '12) Apr '12 P_Smith 1
Heidfeld out of Renault running as he accepts M... (Jan '10) Apr '12 au pair 2
Alonso lands surprise win in Malaysia (Mar '12) Mar '12 Montoya4ever 9
Massa denies Ferrari pressure (Mar '12) Mar '12 Simon Cowell 1
More from around the web