Diffuser ruling disappoints majority

Diffuser ruling disappoints majority

There are 1 comment on the Hampshire Chronicle story from Apr 16, 2009, titled Diffuser ruling disappoints majority. In it, Hampshire Chronicle reports that:

The controversial diffuser design that was ruled legal by the FIA's International Court of Appeal on Wednesday has understandably drawn mixed opinions from Formula One drivers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampshire Chronicle.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1 Apr 17, 2009
Brawn GP used the double diffusers in the first two races of the season and dominated in both while the two other teams who have used it - Toyota and Williams - have also been very competitive.
So: they took a calculated chance and designed-in a feature they knew might be disallowed.
"I did hope they would be declared illegal so that we would stand a better chance of achieving our goals of fighting for the championship, which will be a lot more difficult now," said BMW Sauber's Nick Heidfeld.
But it's 'not fair' that everybody else DIDN'T take the chance, so therefore it shouldn't be allowed?

Hello? Risk? Innovation?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

BMW Sauber F1 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News F-1 Teams Kick Off Testing At Jerez (Feb '15) Feb '15 F1 Funatic 2
News Ferrari rules out Kubica F1 comeback (Oct '13) Dec '13 Gott War Racing 3
News The 2012 season by the numbers (Dec '12) Dec '12 F1 Funatic 1
News Ferrari rumours fire again after Perez podium (Sep '12) Sep '12 Manuel 1
News F1: Clever Sauber Turning Heads In 2012 (Apr '12) Apr '12 P_Smith 1
News Heidfeld out of Renault running as he accepts M... (Jan '10) Apr '12 au pair 2
News Alonso lands surprise win in Malaysia (Mar '12) Mar '12 Montoya4ever 9
More from around the web