F1 RACING RESPONDS TO RACIST INCIDENT...

F1 RACING RESPONDS TO RACIST INCIDENT: Black Formula One racer Lewis Hamilton taunted during event.

There are 210 comments on the www.eurweb.com story from Feb 14, 2008, titled F1 RACING RESPONDS TO RACIST INCIDENT: Black Formula One racer Lewis Hamilton taunted during event.. In it, www.eurweb.com reports that:

*Formula One racing is launching an anti-racism campaign to deal with an incident earlier this month involving black British racer Lewis Hamilton at Spain's Circuit de Catalunya race track.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.eurweb.com.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Since: Feb 08

Dresden

#215 Feb 27, 2008
Well going back to the topic in hand- I thought Vijay Mallya said a few very sensible words.
Noone condones racism- but the whole thing about Lewis is going over the top- and if he had not been so successful in his rookie year noone would have cared.
Ohio

London, KY

#216 Feb 27, 2008
Doug W wrote:
<quoted text>
True They use to give 'Schumi' the Facist Salute too! Any one here remember that 'goofy-headed Mayor of 'Jerez' that cost them their F1 race in 1996 so Bernie & Max Moved to Barcalona! Or am I Too old!!
Darn anyone know to get rid this message!! It's been all over me since I peed some off General's white kid off in Darntadt Germany who called Danny Glover a Monkey.. And I AM not Kidding!
This is a warning from the Topix moderators. Failu
re to comply with the Topix Terms of Service will result in your forum posts being removed from the system, and a ban on future posting.(click here to acknowledge this warning)
Tone down your language on the site or you will be banned!
Looks like Topix has a problem with your longing for the murder of someone's grandparents in the thread http://www.topix.com/world/2008/02/venezuela-... .
At least they said they did when I called and reported you.

“Just love F1”

Since: Oct 07

Benavidez, Tigre

#217 Feb 27, 2008
siberianlady wrote:
Well going back to the topic in hand- I thought Vijay Mallya said a few very sensible words.
Noone condones racism- but the whole thing about Lewis is going over the top- and if he had not been so successful in his rookie year noone would have cared.
Some of us who followed last season were tired of how LH got everything ruling in his favour (pure luck?): no punishments behind the SC or for using extra tyres in practice, no computer and email available when things got hot, a crane ready for him, Kubica punished for hitting him but not Vettel for hitting FA, FA taken his pole away in Hungary when Lewis messed all the team-quali-sync and Kimi almost loosing his DWC in a "table" ...

We also got tired of staments like "I'm a team player" (after taking McLaren and Alonso to the FIA twice) or "I'm colder that Kimi" (before going to the gravel) and more ...

In the end whatever measure you take to protect and avoid racism should be taken ... whether the person is famous or not !... but please ... let us hate the guy ... old fashioned and simple hate !!

PS: I don't hate him!

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#218 Feb 27, 2008
Laz wrote:
Ramble ramble ramble,
<quoted text>
What spin?, I pointed out it was a storm in a teacup story and your generalisation of Spain and the Spanish is more racist than a few people doing a black and white minstrel show, you show a total lack of education in anything about Spain and the Spanish, you are a reactionary who has found something to cling onto.
I havn't once said what happened was correct, you are merely inventing things.:)
<quoted text>
What?
<quoted text>
What responsibility? lol, I have no responsibility over what four people do in Spain! nor have I the responsibility to flip that onto you, what I can do is ask you why the colour of peoples skin is so important to you.
<quoted text>
Yes because ALL white people are taught from kinder-garden to oppress the black man.
Have you heard yourself really?, you are being more racist than four shoe polished up Spaniards could ever be because you appear to be painting all whites with the same brush, along with all Spanish people.
redneckbob from South Africa, that's whats known as digging a hole for yourself!
Acutually according to many, the oppression starts way before kinder garten. We took innocent stories and songs like Noddy and baa baa black sheep and turned them into political issues. Stupid and pathetic. My favourite joke is now a racial slur....Why do the Gollywogs have Big Ears?...because Noddy would not pay the randsom. Well it used to be funny!!!!!! Poor poor Enyd Blyton, she created such a fun loving story, and the PC adults of the world tore it apart. We may not say baa baa black sheep, because it has conotations of slander. How pathetic it all is. As a result they changed the colour, where the hell have you ever seen green sheep???? Well maybe GFG has seen some but really.......

Since: Sep 07

Bandung, Indonesia

#219 Feb 27, 2008
redneck Bob from Atlanta wrote:
<quoted text>
What about all the dumbasses on this forum who have cried foul about the supposed racism shown by the English against Alonso. I have heard things along the lines of I hate Hamilton, I wish he was hit by the bottle thrown at him...now how nice is that. You cry foul that everytime something is said it is to try revive his name or his hype. Certainly I don't think he needs it. In fact the problem is on the other side, Alonso is really not being spoken about much, possibly because he was a marketing nightmare last year. Sportsmanship was sadly lacking, he was getting his ass kicked by a rookie, and instead of acknowledging it, he cried to the Spainsh press about English favouritism, and the Alonso-sits gobbled it all up, after all it is impossible that anything he does is wrong. Which is why I laugh when I hear things like "Alonso was the real winner last year or he was the moral winner. Bullshit he was a loser like all the other drivers who finished behind Kimi. So get over it now, Alonso certainly does not walk on water, actually based on what he did to Macca last year he probalby was the one walking around with the 30 pieces of silver in his pocket.
...easy there Bob, now you're saying Massa is a loser too then. Well he finished behind Kimi, not just Kimi, there were Lewis and Alonso

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#220 Feb 28, 2008
Kimi_70 wrote:
<quoted text>
...easy there Bob, now you're saying Massa is a loser too then. Well he finished behind Kimi, not just Kimi, there were Lewis and Alonso
Noel, in the grand scheme of things, yes Felipe was a loser too. I'm sorry in F1 2nd means nothing. The problem is that a few years ago they changed the points structure, and that has also led to problems. When the points awarded 10 (before 1990 it was 9) for a win and 6 for second 4 for third and only the top 6 drivers earned points, no driver could afford to come second or lower too many times while trying to challenge for the lead too many times, these days drivers won't put their balls on the line to go for that win. Maybe also why we saw much better racing in the years gone by, drivers were not exactly happy to settle for second as easily as they do now.

Laz

“*Insert trolling comment here*”

Since: Oct 07

Gets 'em thru the long grass.

#221 Feb 28, 2008
<quoted text>
Acutually according to many, the oppression starts way before kinder garten. We took innocent stories and songs like Noddy and baa baa black sheep and turned them into political issues. Stupid and pathetic. My favourite joke is now a racial slur....Why do the Gollywogs have Big Ears?...because Noddy would not pay the randsom. Well it used to be funny!!!!!! Poor poor Enyd Blyton, she created such a fun loving story, and the PC adults of the world tore it apart. We may not say baa baa black sheep, because it has conotations of slander. How pathetic it all is. As a result they changed the colour, where the hell have you ever seen green sheep???? Well maybe GFG has seen some but really.......
In short, I agree with you bob, the PC brigade are running rampant with there clueless 'shot in the dark' theories of what is right, most of the time the PC brigade are not even directly involved in their quests.

Since: Feb 08

Dresden

#222 Feb 29, 2008
Laz wrote:
<quoted text>
In short, I agree with you bob, the PC brigade are running rampant with there clueless 'shot in the dark' theories of what is right, most of the time the PC brigade are not even directly involved in their quests.
Well I also agree with both of you- ithas become more than pathetic.
I remember as a kid I used to collect the golliwogs from the marmalade jars- when you had so many you got a badge- as a kid this was for me great- and to this day it would never enter my head to associate such a golli with black people or whatever.
And I think things like this only fuel bad things between people- puts thoughts in their heads that were never there before.
I lived on funny little islands in my life where we were the only "whiteys"- so what- were they different? No. did they think and treat me different? No. We were all just bog standard human beings.

Since: Sep 07

Bandung, Indonesia

#223 Mar 2, 2008
<quoted text>
Noel, in the grand scheme of things, yes Felipe was a loser too. I'm sorry in F1 2nd means nothing. The problem is that a few years ago they changed the points structure, and that has also led to problems. When the points awarded 10 (before 1990 it was 9) for a win and 6 for second 4 for third and only the top 6 drivers earned points, no driver could afford to come second or lower too many times while trying to challenge for the lead too many times, these days drivers won't put their balls on the line to go for that win. Maybe also why we saw much better racing in the years gone by, drivers were not exactly happy to settle for second as easily as they do now.
yeah I got your point Bob. I miss that era too. And I wish they could bring that point structure back to these days
Cassini

Arnold, MO

#224 Jul 20, 2014
YourMomsHole wrote:
Typical of Spain. Nothing new.
Who cares, just goes to show many nations and nationalities are pretty burned out on their whole act and can't stomach the dregs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Formula-1 Racing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News F1 signs deal with $3000 a bottle Carbon champa... Jul '17 SignsPhartze 2
News Fernando Alonso not unduly negative despite sta... Jun '17 The phartse 3
News Minute's silence in memory of London Bridge vic... Jun '17 Minutes Phartse 2
News Bizarre Cristiano Ronaldo bust unveiled as Port... (Mar '17) Mar '17 unveiled phart 4
News NASCAR drivers warn that transition won't be ea... (Aug '06) Mar '17 MakesPhartxx 68
News F1 "went wrong" when it started listening to fa... (Jan '17) Feb '17 TruePhartzx 6
News FIA approve sale of F1 to Liberty Media (Jan '17) Jan '17 DepositPharts 2
More from around the web