F1 RACING RESPONDS TO RACIST INCIDENT...

F1 RACING RESPONDS TO RACIST INCIDENT: Black Formula One racer Lewis Hamilton taunted during event.

There are 210 comments on the www.eurweb.com story from Feb 14, 2008, titled F1 RACING RESPONDS TO RACIST INCIDENT: Black Formula One racer Lewis Hamilton taunted during event.. In it, www.eurweb.com reports that:

*Formula One racing is launching an anti-racism campaign to deal with an incident earlier this month involving black British racer Lewis Hamilton at Spain's Circuit de Catalunya race track.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.eurweb.com.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
YourMomsHole

Bridgetown, Barbados

#2 Feb 16, 2008
Typical of Spain. Nothing new.

Laz

“*Insert trolling comment here*”

Since: Oct 07

Gets 'em thru the long grass.

#3 Feb 16, 2008
lol, Its never happened before, this is basically a save Lewis campaign based on one incident and Anthony Hamilton's word.

Since: Apr 07

United States

#4 Feb 16, 2008
Laz wrote:
lol, Its never happened before, this is basically a save Lewis campaign based on one incident and Anthony Hamilton's word.
Yeah Laz, I am sure that Anthony Hamilton made the whole thing up! Just like he made up StepneyGate!

Your act never ceases to amaze!

People listen up - ANTHONY HAMILTON CONTROLS F1!
Dance puppets, DAAAAAAANCE!!!

Since: Feb 08

Dresden

#5 Feb 16, 2008
Its still totally over the top.

“Just love F1”

Benavidez, Tigre

#6 Feb 16, 2008
As usual .. 5 ignorants spoiled it all !! instead of ignoring them they became the center of all ... but even if we think it's too much (there are lots of abuse everywhere ... but not classified as racism and then not taken so seriously) it should be stopped ... in sports this shouldn't happen !!

Laz

#7 Feb 16, 2008
But is one actual incident and one reported incident actually worthy of a clamp down as if its a serious problem?
It's just pandering to one driver who is increasingly being placed above all else in F1.

“Just love F1”

Benavidez, Tigre

#8 Feb 16, 2008
Yes, my first impression was that ... don't disturb young Lewis !... it was a pity they didn't have "shut up and drive Lewis" instead of their masks !!

Laz

#9 Feb 16, 2008
Ah but now any sign of dissent against Lewis will be made out to be racist, another Hamilton victory over the FIA and F1 in general.

Laz

#10 Feb 16, 2008
Come the end of next season F1 will be split into two classes, The Hamilton class (where only he races) and the rest, that way Lewis will always win, unless he messes up like he did last season.

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#11 Feb 16, 2008
Laz wrote:
Ah but now any sign of dissent against Lewis will be made out to be racist, another Hamilton victory over the FIA and F1 in general.
What about all the dumbasses on this forum who have cried foul about the supposed racism shown by the English against Alonso. I have heard things along the lines of I hate Hamilton, I wish he was hit by the bottle thrown at him...now how nice is that. You cry foul that everytime something is said it is to try revive his name or his hype. Certainly I don't think he needs it. In fact the problem is on the other side, Alonso is really not being spoken about much, possibly because he was a marketing nightmare last year. Sportsmanship was sadly lacking, he was getting his ass kicked by a rookie, and instead of acknowledging it, he cried to the Spainsh press about English favouritism, and the Alonso-sits gobbled it all up, after all it is impossible that anything he does is wrong. Which is why I laugh when I hear things like "Alonso was the real winner last year or he was the moral winner. Bullshit he was a loser like all the other drivers who finished behind Kimi. So get over it now, Alonso certainly does not walk on water, actually based on what he did to Macca last year he probalby was the one walking around with the 30 pieces of silver in his pocket.

Hacienda Heights, CA

#13 Feb 16, 2008
THE TRUTH wrote:
EVERYTIME THE BLACK MAN BEATS THE WHITE MAN ALL THE HATERS COME OUT
SPAIN LISTENS TO ALOT OF ROCK AND ROLL I WONDER I THEY KNOW BLACK PEOPLE INVENTED IT LIKE WE INVENTED EVERYTIHNG ELSE
BLACK PEOPLE INVENT AND BEAT WHITES AT EVREYTHING
Well, obviously not at spelling.

Laz

#14 Feb 17, 2008
redneck Bob from Atlanta wrote:
<quoted text>
What about all the dumbasses on this forum who have cried foul about the supposed racism shown by the English against Alonso.

Yes what about them?, the British press did mount a campaign that basically amounted to racism.
<quoted text>I have heard things along the lines of I hate Hamilton, I wish he was hit by the bottle thrown at him...now how nice is that.

So you don't see all the 'I hate Alonso' nonsense, thats probably because you are part of that little gang.

And I've lost interest in the rest.

Laz

#15 Feb 17, 2008
THE TRUTH wrote:
EVERYTIME THE BLACK MAN BEATS THE WHITE MAN ALL THE HATERS COME OUT
SPAIN LISTENS TO ALOT OF ROCK AND ROLL I WONDER I THEY KNOW BLACK PEOPLE INVENTED IT LIKE WE INVENTED EVERYTIHNG ELSE
BLACK PEOPLE INVENT AND BEAT WHITES AT EVREYTHING
Yes yes and Baseball is the only situation where the black man can wave a stick at the white man and get away with it.

“Is that Banjo Music I hear ...”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#16 Feb 17, 2008
Laz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes yes and Baseball is the only situation where the black man can wave a stick at the white man and get away with it.
Laz, unlike your sacred game of football where it's ok for skinheads and twisted freaks to go to other countries and burn the place down just because their team loses. But Laz, you just lost the plot, what the f***are you thinking to make a statement like that, wave a stick at a white man and get away with it. that was plain stupid. This clown from Kissymeass in Florida is a fool.

As for you, "the truth" why not crawl back into your prehistoric world and stay there. obviously living where you do, you have been exposed to too much of the magical world of Disney and it's affected your judgement. Funny though I always wondered if those Pictures of Edison, bell and Einstein were fake.
Talcum X

Monroe, NC

#17 Feb 17, 2008
YourMomsHole wrote:
Typical of Spain. Nothing new.
SAVAGE MOORS NOTHING CHANGES

Laz

#18 Feb 17, 2008
<quoted text>
Laz, unlike your sacred game of football where it's ok for skinheads and twisted freaks to go to other countries and burn the place down just because their team loses. But Laz, you just lost the plot, what the f***are you thinking to make a statement like that, wave a stick at a white man and get away with it. that was plain stupid. This clown from Kissymeass in Florida is a fool.
As for you, "the truth" why not crawl back into your prehistoric world and stay there. obviously living where you do, you have been exposed to too much of the magical world of Disney and it's affected your judgement. Funny though I always wondered if those Pictures of Edison, bell and Einstein were fake.
Whoosh.......You fail to realise the sarcasm in my post, its saying what you go on to say in the second bit of your post, I am mocking someone who has that mentality.
Like your post alluded to.

As an aside, when I went to Florida my hotel was in Kissimmee, just down the road from the prison.

Laz

#19 Feb 17, 2008
Oh and redneck, the bit you had a over the top reaction to (The baseball comment), its a quote from the film Mississippi burning.
Thought you would have known that one.
alawrence8 USA

United States

#20 Feb 18, 2008
Montoya4ever wrote:
As usual .. 5 ignorants spoiled it all !! instead of ignoring them they became the center of all ... but even if we think it's too much (there are lots of abuse everywhere ... but not classified as racism and then not taken so seriously) it should be stopped ... in sports this shouldn't happen !!
1.Spanish Newapaper Marca claimed shouts of "Puto Negro"(F**king Black) and "Negro de Muerda"(Black Shit) were clearly heard, and that LARGE SECTIONS of the crowd were involved.........only 5 ignorants.

2. Circuit Director Ramon Pradera installed staff to erect barriers around the Mclaren team paddock, because of fears for Hamiltons safety.........only 5 ignorants.

3. Stands directly above Mclaren garage were cleared of spectators to ensure that no debris could be thrown down when the car returned to the pit lane.........only 5 ignorants.

When people close their eyes to incidents like this, they play their role in enabling the reoccurance of such ugliness

“Just love F1”

Benavidez, Tigre

#21 Feb 18, 2008
alawrence8 USA wrote:
<quoted text>
1.Spanish Newapaper Marca claimed shouts of "Puto Negro"(F**king Black) and "Negro de Muerda"(Black Shit) were clearly heard, and that LARGE SECTIONS of the crowd were involved.........only 5 ignorants.
2. Circuit Director Ramon Pradera installed staff to erect barriers around the Mclaren team paddock, because of fears for Hamiltons safety.........only 5 ignorants.
3. Stands directly above Mclaren garage were cleared of spectators to ensure that no debris could be thrown down when the car returned to the pit lane.........only 5 ignorants.
When people close their eyes to incidents like this, they play their role in enabling the reoccurance of such ugliness
Lawrence ... don't be confused with what racism is and what a pure hate towards someone is (no matter what colour of skim or eyes he has)!!

“Just love F1”

Benavidez, Tigre

#22 Feb 18, 2008
... it seems they could have said "InglÚs de mierda" o "InglÚs puto" and nothing would have happend !!!... the problem was because they said "black" ... and you missed my point!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Formula-1 Racing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Formula One to use - grid kids' after ending as... Feb '18 Iron Phartse 4
News Di Grassi: Audi FE reliability woes "very weird" Jan '18 LucasPhartss 2
News F1 signs deal with $3000 a bottle Carbon champa... (Jul '17) Jul '17 SignsPhartze 2
News Fernando Alonso not unduly negative despite sta... (Jun '17) Jun '17 The phartse 3
News Minute's silence in memory of London Bridge vic... (Jun '17) Jun '17 Minutes Phartse 2
News Bizarre Cristiano Ronaldo bust unveiled as Port... (Mar '17) Mar '17 unveiled phart 4
News NASCAR drivers warn that transition won't be ea... (Aug '06) Mar '17 MakesPhartxx 68