No sellout; Raiders game not on TV

No sellout; Raiders game not on TV

There are 20 comments on the San Jose Mercury News story from Dec 20, 2008, titled No sellout; Raiders game not on TV. In it, San Jose Mercury News reports that:

Sunday's Raiders game against the Houston Texans did not sell out in advance of Thursday's league-mandated deadline.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Jose Mercury News.

TexasRaider

Mesquite, TX

#1 Dec 21, 2008
This is ridiculous...I'm in Texas and Houston is my regional action today since Dallas played last night. There is no excuse for it not getting televised here especially since the game is in California.
Lame Raiders

AOL

#2 Dec 21, 2008
Who cares? Niether team will make the playoffs...both suck. Waste of air time.
TexasRaider

Mesquite, TX

#3 Dec 21, 2008
Lame Raiders wrote:
Who cares? Niether team will make the playoffs...both suck. Waste of air time.
Just like you just wasted space on here...
Freddy

Granger, IN

#4 Dec 21, 2008
TexasRaider wrote:
This is ridiculous...I'm in Texas and Houston is my regional action today since Dallas played last night. There is no excuse for it not getting televised here especially since the game is in California.
It seems you were not able to see the game. Bay Area fans were also blacked-out. Fitting, the Raiders played their best game of the season. If they are on primetime they do not play very well. If they are blacked out, they play well.
Marin Local

United States

#5 Dec 21, 2008
Who cares, the raiders blow. 3 seasons with 11 losses in each. Raiders=Dorks
Soldier_Steve

Capay, CA

#6 Dec 21, 2008
I paid $354 for two tickets to watch a game that wasn't half as good as my grandson's high school games.
The Raiders aren't beat by the other teams skills thety are beat by their own lack of discipline and professionalism... There is no damn reason for all the stupid dumb assed penalities.
Jamarcus Russel is an oxygen thief and waste of time and effort. 300 lb quarterback that is not good enough for the pros. He may had been good enough in the swamps but that is not the NFL.
#2 is just what his playing is.
Lame Raiders

AOL

#7 Dec 22, 2008
TexasRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like you just wasted space on here...
Just like the Raiders even suiting up for games...
RAIDER MISTERIO

AOL

#8 Dec 22, 2008
but we WON! GO RAIDERS!!!
RAIDER MISTERIO

AOL

#9 Dec 22, 2008
Soldier_Steve wrote:
I paid $354 for two tickets to watch a game that wasn't half as good as my grandson's high school games.
The Raiders aren't beat by the other teams skills thety are beat by their own lack of discipline and professionalism... There is no damn reason for all the stupid dumb assed penalities.
Jamarcus Russel is an oxygen thief and waste of time and effort. 300 lb quarterback that is not good enough for the pros. He may had been good enough in the swamps but that is not the NFL.
#2 is just what his playing is.
san leandro, esparto and lamo. this should shut you guys up.(RAIDERS WON!) GO RAIDERS!!!
RAIDER MISTERIO

AOL

#10 Dec 22, 2008
SUNDAY TICKET gentlemen, can't go wrong. GO RAIDERS!!!
RAIDER MISTERIO

AOL

#11 Dec 22, 2008
all RAIDERS looked impressive! russell? the 300lb in the swamps you say? impressive! GO RAIDERS!!!
Lame Raiders

AOL

#12 Dec 23, 2008
Russell is impressive...just check the stats:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile...

His ATL game stats are the real stand outs...lmao.
Marin Local

United States

#13 Dec 23, 2008
Lame Raiders wrote:
Thats all fine and dandy, but the only stats that count are the win stats. The Raiders are loosers by the numbers! That is the bottom line!
RAIDER MISTERIO

AOL

#14 Dec 24, 2008
Lame Raiders wrote:
don't get angry "LAMO" it's christmas! it's not my fault you're gett'n none for x-mas! check this out; GO RAIDERS!!!=)
Lame Raiders

AOL

#15 Dec 24, 2008
Get the Ticket so next season you wont miss all 4 of the Raiders wins.
Soldier_Steve

Capay, CA

#16 Dec 26, 2008
RAIDER MISTERIO wrote:
all RAIDERS looked impressive! russell? the 300lb in the swamps you say? impressive! GO RAIDERS!!!
4 and 11 is not impressive in anyone's book. I'll start going back to Raiders game when they start playing like professionals again. When a bunch of highly paid and skilled players loose because of stupid penalties or a quarterback doesn't care enough to win to get into shape and learn to throw a football with even elementary accuracy.
RaiderFaith

Benson, NC

#17 Dec 26, 2008
OK Bronco fan! What a bunch of ignorant remarks. Jruss is in shape, unless he put on 30lbs since last Sunday's news conference. And I am glad you know him, the play calling from the sidelines, the O-Lines play and the WR's play so well that you know it is the QB that doesn't care enough. And considering all the crap that has gone on we have had the guys acting more professinol than most teams. We aren't getting arrested like the Bengals...we don't have fools running there mouths like TO...so I am not sure where the professinolism is that we are lacking....Go root for the Broncos as we don't need fair weather fans anyways. Raider Nation bleeds silver and black!
Soldier_Steve wrote:
<quoted text> 4 and 11 is not impressive in anyone's book. I'll start going back to Raiders game when they start playing like professionals again. When a bunch of highly paid and skilled players loose because of stupid penalties or a quarterback doesn't care enough to win to get into shape and learn to throw a football with even elementary accuracy.
RAIDER MISTERIO

AOL

#18 Dec 26, 2008
(lol) he says "only when RAIDERS start playing like professionals " (lol) soldier boy, it goes like this: win or lose, always a RAIDER fan! or just join the rest of the groupies in the nfl. GO RAIDERS!!!=)
Pete

Austin, TX

#19 Dec 26, 2008
8 straight days of football
Sunday the 28th it begins.
Four or five NFL games per city are nationally televised and at least half of them have incredible playoff implications.
Then, it's bowl mania...
Monday's most interesting game is the Alamo Bowl, which is a stretch. Mizzou has to redeem themselves against Northwestern, blah
But from there it gets better and better
Holiday, Chikfila, Gator and Rose, Cotton and Sugar through the new year.
Then next weekend you got the NFL playoffs, two games each day, followed by the Fiesta Bowl.

then wait three days and see the BCS game in 3D
Crystal Ball

AOL

#20 Dec 27, 2008
Get the Ticket so next season you wont miss all 4 of the Raiders wins

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zach Miller Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News San Francisco 49ers vs. Atlanta Falcons: HC Mik... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Jgrog 4
News Mike Thomas catches 50-yard TD pass on final pl... (Nov '10) Nov '10 LOL 1
News Raiders need couple of more wins despite tough ... (Dec '07) Oct '09 Achmed 7
News Oakland Raiders rookie safety Mike Mitchell a h... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Achmed 3
News Oakland Raiders camp battles--tight ends (Jul '09) Jul '09 Achmed 2
News Raiders sign sixth-round pick TE Myers (Jul '09) Jul '09 Achmed 4
News Oakland Raiders 2009 Preview (Jul '09) Jul '09 Achmed 28
More from around the web