Raiders Coaching Staff: Who should st...

Raiders Coaching Staff: Who should stay and who should go?

There are 5 comments on the MVN - Recent Articles story from Jan 14, 2008, titled Raiders Coaching Staff: Who should stay and who should go?. In it, MVN - Recent Articles reports that:

Before the offseason even began, the coaching staff became a hot topic among the members of the Raider Nation. via MVN - Recent Articles

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MVN - Recent Articles.

Andrew

Bridgewater, NJ

#1 Jan 14, 2008
on the raiders coaching staff, i believe every one of the offensive coaches should stay. But on defense i believe our defensive line coach should be fired after there horrible 2007! Also i think we need new special teams coaches because we make too many stupid mistakes in that area, especially on kickoff and punt returns and sometimes we had some broken plays against us where teams would run back punts (against green bay)!
Oracle Bob

Munich, Germany

#2 Jan 14, 2008
Raiders Defense Rankings:
yards Pts
2007 22nd 27th
2006 3 18
2005 27 24
2004 30 31
2003 30 26
2002 11 6

Sorry, Rob .. Love the hair, but you must go.
Andrew

Bridgewater, NJ

#3 Jan 15, 2008
No i think we should give rob ryan one more chance next year! This is only because he has a great relationship with his defensive players! But our defensive lineman coach should be fired and our special teams coordinator too!
Twilight Zone

Newark, NJ

#4 Jan 15, 2008
Andrew wrote:
No i think we should give rob ryan one more chance next year! This is only because he has a great relationship with his defensive players! But our defensive lineman coach should be fired and our special teams coordinator too!
Special teams were better than they have been in years. What I've been hearing is that a key ST's player or two went down with injuries late in the year. That's when things turned to shit. I'd definitely have that coach return.

Regarding the DL coach, is it him or the lack of talent. Burgess was hurt for a # of games. Richardson was a 5th round pick rookie. Kelly was injured early on. Clemons was a nice surprise. Our DT's sucked, hence the lack of talent statement.

It seems Ryan is coming back, so I won't even enter that fray.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#5 Jan 15, 2008
Keith Millard has been with us a long time and has done well in years passed. Kelly's early injury is what really killed our DLine this year. Burgess being injured at the start of the season was a factor too. Sign Albert Haynesworth and draft Chris Long.

I'd keep the offensive staff and the most of the defensive staff. Special Teams coaches are the ones I kind of wonder about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zach Miller Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News San Francisco 49ers vs. Atlanta Falcons: HC Mik... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Jgrog 4
News Mike Thomas catches 50-yard TD pass on final pl... (Nov '10) Nov '10 LOL 1
News Raiders need couple of more wins despite tough ... (Dec '07) Oct '09 Achmed 7
News Oakland Raiders rookie safety Mike Mitchell a h... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Achmed 3
News Oakland Raiders camp battles--tight ends (Jul '09) Jul '09 Achmed 2
News Raiders sign sixth-round pick TE Myers (Jul '09) Jul '09 Achmed 4
News Oakland Raiders 2009 Preview (Jul '09) Jul '09 Achmed 28
More from around the web