Oakland Raiders future: JaMarcus Russell

Oakland Raiders future: JaMarcus Russell

There are 5 comments on the San Francisco Examiner story from Jan 7, 2009, titled Oakland Raiders future: JaMarcus Russell. In it, San Francisco Examiner reports that:

Walter was the future, but Russell is the future, Photo by Patrick A. Patterson/ TFDSsports.com When JaMarcus Russell was drafted first overall and given a $60 million contract, he and Al Davis both said "I do" ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Francisco Examiner.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#1 Jan 7, 2009
I think that we have a good offense coming together. Mario Henderson has really improved and I think could be our starting left tackle. Robert Gallery is finally the anchor of our line, but it's at left guard. Jake Grove should be re-signed since he's a free agent. Cooper Carlisle and Cornell Green are also free agents I believe and are getting up there, but I think we can find some youthful linemen in the draft to replace them if neccessary. However, Paul McQuistain should be back to give competition there.

Justin Fargas's time may be up since he's injured pretty much every year and he eats a lot of cap space. Michael Bush showed major production and Darren McFadden was invested highly in. I think the youthful receivers Johnnie Lee Higgins and Chaz Schilens had an easier time getting open and making it easier on Jamarcus Russell to get rid of the ball quicker. Therefore proving that Javon Walker and Ashlie Lelie's Pro Bowl days are over and Ronald Curry is not our most effective receiver. I liked Luke Lawton at fullback and Oren O'neal should be back so maybe Justin Griffith will be gone for cap space. Zach Miller is solid at tight end, but he will need a reliable back up.

“I knew it.Hank's a RaidersFan!”

Since: Feb 07

Raleigh, NC

#2 Jan 7, 2009
fair assesment. I think a QB coach should be our top priority. then a WR and O & D line help.
TexasRaider wrote:
I think that we have a good offense coming together. Mario Henderson has really improved and I think could be our starting left tackle. Robert Gallery is finally the anchor of our line, but it's at left guard. Jake Grove should be re-signed since he's a free agent. Cooper Carlisle and Cornell Green are also free agents I believe and are getting up there, but I think we can find some youthful linemen in the draft to replace them if neccessary. However, Paul McQuistain should be back to give competition there.
Justin Fargas's time may be up since he's injured pretty much every year and he eats a lot of cap space. Michael Bush showed major production and Darren McFadden was invested highly in. I think the youthful receivers Johnnie Lee Higgins and Chaz Schilens had an easier time getting open and making it easier on Jamarcus Russell to get rid of the ball quicker. Therefore proving that Javon Walker and Ashlie Lelie's Pro Bowl days are over and Ronald Curry is not our most effective receiver. I liked Luke Lawton at fullback and Oren O'neal should be back so maybe Justin Griffith will be gone for cap space. Zach Miller is solid at tight end, but he will need a reliable back up.
Mexico Raiders

Houston, TX

#3 Jan 7, 2009
agree, none of you have a clue.

2003 - 4-12
2004 - 5-11
2005 - 4-12
2006 - 2-14
2007 - 4-12
2008 - 5-11

raiders suck

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#4 Jan 7, 2009
Mexico Raiders wrote:
agree, none of you have a clue.
2003 - 4-12
2004 - 5-11
2005 - 4-12
2006 - 2-14
2007 - 4-12
2008 - 5-11
raiders suck
It seems like the only thing you have a clue over is our records the last 6 seasons.
From 1960-2007
405-324-11...Looks like a winning record to me...
Mexico Raiders

Houston, TX

#5 Jan 8, 2009
agree, this is not the 60's, 70's, 80's or 90's. 49ers were good too once...lmao...

2003 - 4-12
2004 - 5-11
2005 - 4-12
2006 - 2-14
2007 - 4-12
2008 - 5-11

raiders blow

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Zach Miller Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News San Francisco 49ers vs. Atlanta Falcons: HC Mik... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Jgrog 4
News Mike Thomas catches 50-yard TD pass on final pl... (Nov '10) Nov '10 LOL 1
News Raiders need couple of more wins despite tough ... (Dec '07) Oct '09 Achmed 7
News Oakland Raiders rookie safety Mike Mitchell a h... (Aug '09) Aug '09 Achmed 3
News Oakland Raiders camp battles--tight ends (Jul '09) Jul '09 Achmed 2
News Raiders sign sixth-round pick TE Myers (Jul '09) Jul '09 Achmed 4
News Oakland Raiders 2009 Preview (Jul '09) Jul '09 Achmed 28
More from around the web