Time's Up For Favre

Time's Up For Favre

There are 20 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Dec 29, 2008, titled Time's Up For Favre. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

He ended up splattered on the Giants Stadium turf somewhere near his 5-yard line, somewhere between old and gray, somewhere between done for the season and done for a career.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Joe T

Oyster Bay, NY

#1 Dec 29, 2008
A biased, "Sour Grapes" article, to be sure:

"In the end, the Patriots did not get what they deserved."

Cry me a river. The party's over for the Pats.
MilwaukeeBound

New Berlin, WI

#2 Dec 29, 2008
Stuff Favre and stand him in the Packers locker room for inspirational purposes.
Reginold White

United States

#3 Dec 29, 2008
It's time for him to let his beard go all gray, sit back on the couch with a case of Bud and a block of havardi,
and watch reruns of Something About Mary.
hawkeye3

Wausau, WI

#4 Dec 29, 2008
Makes Thompson and McCarthy look like geniuses.
tfs

AOL

#5 Dec 29, 2008
as far as i remember it theres more than one player on a team ? i dont really think any quaterback could have done much better with the
group that makes up that team
Crockett and Tubbs

Houston, TX

#6 Dec 29, 2008
true, the party will soon be over for the dolphins.

same as lions...no super bowl.

dolphins a joke
Garyr

Green Bay, WI

#7 Dec 29, 2008
you're right there is more than 1 player on a team but there is absolutely ZERO excuse for throwing as many picks as tds during a season, its an absolute JOKE he made the probowl. The primadonna had a BUNCH of karma coming his way for how he treated the packers franchise
Crockett and Tubbs

Houston, TX

#8 Dec 29, 2008

dolphins a joke
Crockett and Tubbs

Houston, TX

#10 Dec 29, 2008
true, like the pathetic texass-ans and cowgirls, miami will soon be watching the super bowl on tv.

dolphins lame
the truth

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Dec 29, 2008
I would never be foolish and say mister I am more important then the team Brett Favre is not a great player as he is. There stops my speaking highly of this player who now has done it to New York as he did in Green Bay. Just as before he is now saying for the last four weeks his shoulder has been hurting, Rather then risk his iron man record he will go out and cost his team a chance to win. Look at his quarterback rating the last four games of the season and his quotes on how he has started every game sense 1992 and you see the real Brett Farve. I hate it when I see any player put him in front of the team but Brett has done it in Green Bay and now New York. It is a shame when a great player now holds personal records above the team that makes him famous,
Jacques Arashin

Newington, CT

#13 Dec 29, 2008
Favre is a great QB with a very high pain threshold. He's ready to say uncle even with his ego.
Tom

Ludlow, MA

#14 Dec 29, 2008
hawkeye3 wrote:
Makes Thompson and McCarthy look like geniuses.
Geniuses don't go from 13 wins to 6 wins the following year, unless your a Chargers frame of mind person. 14 wins, ya lets get rid of the coach and starting QB.....ya Geniuses!
Tom

Ludlow, MA

#15 Dec 29, 2008
the truth wrote:
I would never be foolish and say mister I am more important then the team Brett Favre is not a great player as he is. There stops my speaking highly of this player who now has done it to New York as he did in Green Bay. Just as before he is now saying for the last four weeks his shoulder has been hurting, Rather then risk his iron man record he will go out and cost his team a chance to win. Look at his quarterback rating the last four games of the season and his quotes on how he has started every game sense 1992 and you see the real Brett Farve. I hate it when I see any player put him in front of the team but Brett has done it in Green Bay and now New York. It is a shame when a great player now holds personal records above the team that makes him famous,
Spoken like a true bitter viking fan. Watch the vikes bite the dust this weekend against the eagles, it will be ugly.
NWY

Hallowell, ME

#16 Dec 29, 2008
In the end, the Patriots did not get what they deserved? OMG, if you want to blame Favre, then blame him for one of the five losses the Pats sustained... YES THEY DID!!!
Awally

East Hartford, CT

#17 Dec 29, 2008
Thanks for kicking a Hall of Famer when he's down.

OK. Can I play too? If I am allowed, the final play that blew chunks for the Jets and the Patriots both was Favre's last INT. He rushed to the line to get his players down for a quick no-huddle. That turned out to be an easy interception for Miami. They were so stunned they could not believe it.

Favre thought Miami had too many men on the field. He miscounted, miscalculated and misfired.

That cost the Jests a shot at the tying TD, Coach Mangenius his job, and New England a wasted 11-win season. It was the play that stunned the football-watching world.
Fresh Prince

Houston, TX

#18 Dec 30, 2008

dolphins a joke
VikingsFan

Las Vegas, NV

#19 Dec 30, 2008
Even if the Dolphins were a joke,(which they are not) they sure are getting the last laugh!
Fresh Prince

Houston, TX

#20 Dec 30, 2008
agree, the last laugh will be fun when the dolphins who though 11-5 was so great fail to win a super bowl.

happy to just reach the playoffs...laughable. such high goals...

dolphins lame

IBM

“..::..”

Since: Oct 08

London, KY

#21 Dec 30, 2008
This article is trash, and its even more "garbage" to think that some of this shit is published.
Fresh Prince

Houston, TX

#22 Dec 30, 2008
Zonker wrote:
<quoted text>
They just might surprise you! They've gotten better as the season wore on. Pennington finally is in a groove.
true, these pathetic fans think beating the jets was a win over a "good" team. a high quality win...laughable just like the jets.

The list of the mighty dolphin victories:

1) Pats (Won week 3 big against a team with a backup qb starting his 2nd game...only to be blown out week 12 by the same QB)

2) Jets (even the lame 5-11 raiders beat favre..enough said)

3) SD (8-8)

4) Bills (7-9) Beat them twice...woopie, even the 4-12 Browns beat them.

5) Denver (LOL - 8-8) A team that even KC beat

6) Seattle (4-12)

7) Oakland (5-11) the other team 2-14 KC beat

8) Rams (2-14)

9) 49ers (7-9)

10) KC (2-14)

just simply sad the fans really think this team is good. like the cowgirls and texass-ans, dolphins will be watching the super bowl on tv.

dolphins a joke

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yeremiah Bell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Analyzing 5 Potential New York Jets Salary Cap ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Oddball 2
News Marc Ross, Scott Cohen Up Next In Jets GM Search (Jan '13) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News New York Jets - Somehow Very Relevant In December (Dec '12) Dec '12 TimTeblowJob 1
News Jets' Ryan Stands Firm, Won't Make Decision Jus... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 11
News New York Jets Tackle Hunger with Food Bank for ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 8
News 3-5 Jets believe their season is far from lost (Nov '12) Nov '12 Broncos vs Pats 7
News Rex: Jets aren't 'sniffing' playoffs (Nov '12) Nov '12 Rectal Stench 1
More from around the web