Dolphins have until Thursday to decide whether to tag player

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

To tag or not to tag, that is the question. The Dolphins and the 31 other NFL teams have until Thursday to use their one franchise tag on one of their own free agents.
Comments
1 - 20 of 29 Comments Last updated Feb 20, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dolfan_Cane for Life

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2009

Come on Vernon,give us a hometown discount!! The future is bright here.

Since: Apr 07

ridgefarm Il

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2009

Miami will probably franchise carey and then listen to offers less than the two first round picks. A first round pick and say a third round pick. Settle for a 4th to 5th. And if the trading team's first round pick is higher than Miami's,
trade down for more picks.
Postal worker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2009

There ain't nobody worth taggin' that's the problem. Bell was the best of the bunch but he's injury prone.
It's like an like an Eskimo tryin to figure out which Walrus to tag..there all ugly!
JET FAN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2009

Schleperville, no Awfulin is worth a franchise, baby believe Me. AAAGHT!
Parcells is scratin his head...Sayin' we got a buncha nobody's wantin probowl money. eenie meanie minie mo, RIGHT! BURP!
Beano

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2009

JET FAN wrote:
Parcells is scratin his head...Sayin' we got a buncha nobody's wantin probowl money. eenie meanie minie mo, RIGHT! BURP!
Agree the jets will probably sign a teams franchise player this offseason because they will botch the draft picks anyways.

jets and their fans=miserable gassy creatins
Banana Republic

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2009

JET FAN wrote:
I see they let you out of the poky. Thought you were a lifer for sure. Oh well. BTW hows that top 5 pick of yours doing....you know the bust....Gholston? Is he still a special..oh wait...he didnt even play special teams did he....pfffffft

JETS=PATHETIC LOSERS FOR ANOTHER 40 YEARS

J-E-T-S SUCK MY BALLZ

“Everything changes.”

Since: Nov 07

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2009

Beano wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree the jets will probably sign a teams franchise player this offseason because they will botch the draft picks anyways.
jets and their fans=miserable gassy creatins
you mean like they botched long? oh, no, wait...he made the pro bowl and only allowed 2 sakcs the whole year at LT!
Gasius Maximus

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2009

Observant fan wrote:
<quoted text>you mean like they botched long? oh, no, wait...he made the pro bowl and only allowed 2 sakcs the whole year at LT!
Agree 2 sacks will probably be Vernon Gholston's career total making him one of the better jet draft picks of all time.
JET FAN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2009

Gasius Maximus wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree 2 sacks will probably be Vernon Gholston's career total making him one of the better jet draft picks of all time.
1 year doesn't make a career. Gholston may eventually be a great player. Long should have been a good pick he was number #1 to miss on a number one would be a tradgedy..oh i forgot your still waiting for Ginn.
There's talk of satele bieng cut and Beck's worthless 40-13 that makes just about your entire 2007 draft worthless don't it? hahahahahahahhaarg! Boip!
Budman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2009

The dolphins draft since 2001 speaks for itself. The worst draft picking in league history. Two players still around Bell and Carey. Nothin to write home about.
Reality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2009

JET FAN wrote:
<quoted text>1 year doesn't make a career. Gholston may eventually be a great player. Long should have been a good pick he was number #1 to miss on a number one would be a tradgedy..oh i forgot your still waiting for Ginn.
There's talk of satele bieng cut and Beck's worthless 40-13 that makes just about your entire 2007 draft worthless don't it? hahahahahahahhaarg! Boip!
we're not waiting on Ginn fatty (get Raoul out of your rectum, that may help). Ginn helped beat the JetHags to get us into the playoffs..BBBRRRPPPPP!!!
ppppftttt!!!!!

satele was and is the second best center in 2007. he'll be moved to guard, gain weight, and beat down whoever the Jerks throw on the field against him. Or he'll be gone.

Beck is a West Coast offense player, suited to Cam Cameron's style of offense. He was drafted WAY too high by a coach who is now an assistant, like Mangina SHOULD BE, oh wait, he IS! head Coach at Cleveland = Assistant Coach in the rest of the NFL.

Hey Sparky Spice, have ya heard??

We got the Tuna, and you got.

NOTHING!!!!

Enjoy Raoul on those steamy Miami Beach nights when you have nothing but your Bud and your bud!!

Lastly.

Gholston MAY BE A GREAT PLAYER?????

a #5 pick MAY BE GREAT IN A DECADE????????

JetHag=Loser

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHTTTT!!!!!!
Nothing Jobs

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2009

Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Ginn helped beat the JetHags to get us into the playoffs..BBBRRRPPPPP!!!
ppppftttt!!!!!
And thats where the fun ended for the one and done Dolphins. BBBBRRRRPPPPPP!!!!
JET FAN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2009

It's like an like an Eskimo tryin to figure out which Walrus to tag..there all ugly! Kinda like reality tryin to pick a date at the local Muffin Hole in Ournuts Beach!WHoooooooo
Mark

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2009

This wouldnt even be a problem if the Fins werent so friggin cheap.
Gas X

Naples, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

JET FAN wrote:
<quoted text>1 year doesn't make a career. Gholston may eventually be a great player. Long should have been a good pick he was number #1 to miss on a number one would be a tradgedy..oh i forgot your still waiting for Ginn.
Agree Gholston will probably be a great player in the CFL one day.

jetfans=worthless gassy objects
Dr Detroit

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

Nobody worth tagging.
Radryan

Bakersfield, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

I knew this article was tainted when I got here. jetfag you are a loser. Go on the jets page. Oh I forgot nothing interesting huh?
sean

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

We need ILB OLB CB FS NT WR OG FB and if we dont sign Carey and Ybell we will need SS and RT to. That 10 positions and only 9 picks three being 7th rd picks. Must pick up some FA players. I was thanking we were going to sign Carey YBell and goody, and let RHill and Crowder go then pick FS and ILB in the draft and use the rest of the picks to go for Olineman WRs Dlineman and CBs. But it looks like are going after SS RT in the draft so the team in 09 is going to be younger but may not be better than the 08 team . IN BILL WE TRUST They have a plan and they will put a great team together next yr thats for sure. Hope to be in the playoffs next yr fighting for the SB.
sean

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

Like to get Scott LB and Center Brown from baltomore and some how sign Carey and Ybell.Draft a FS CB LB WR and O and D lineman in the draft and go for the SB next yr

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2009

My, My, My!

What a difference a season makes.

This time last year all you finfans were second guessing every decision the coaches were making....This year??(Que the empty field cricket noise)

Glad to see you are all not on board with the best mind if football, and are willing to let him do his job (and have the faith that he will do it correctly).

I told you all so!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Yeremiah Bell Discussions

Search the Yeremiah Bell Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Analyzing 5 Potential New York Jets Salary Cap ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Oddball 2
Marc Ross, Scott Cohen Up Next In Jets GM Search (Jan '13) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
New York Jets - Somehow Very Relevant In December (Dec '12) Dec '12 TimTeblowJob 1
Jets' Ryan Stands Firm, Won't Make Decision Jus... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 11
New York Jets Tackle Hunger with Food Bank for ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 8
3-5 Jets believe their season is far from lost (Nov '12) Nov '12 Broncos vs Pats 7
Rex: Jets aren't 'sniffing' playoffs (Nov '12) Nov '12 Rectal Stench 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••