Dolphins re-sign linebacker Channing ...

Dolphins re-sign linebacker Channing Crowder

There are 52 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Feb 25, 2009, titled Dolphins re-sign linebacker Channing Crowder. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Unsatisfied with his possible destinations if he hit the free agent market, inside linebacker Channing Crowder has agreed to re-sign with the Miami Dolphins , remaining with the NFL team that drafted him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
LeoneTheKid

Tyngsboro, MA

#44 Feb 26, 2009
Observant fan wrote:
<quoted text>don't be surprised if they sign bell and let hill walk...gibril can play FS.
yea i was thinkin that as a possibility..but havin bell and wilson is kinda like having similar styles..both are great at stuffin the run...but both are average at pass protection.. both would be good but i cant see either one playin FS and being a centerfielder at a real high level u know.
say what

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#45 Feb 26, 2009
Unsatisfied with his possible destinations if he hit the free agent market, inside linebacker Channing Crowder has signed with the Miami Dolphins, remaining with the NFL team that drafted him...

"translated"----No team was willing to pay me the money my ego thought i was worth, because im just not that good"---what really blows in all this is the fact we ARE keeping crowder and NOT getting Bart Scott.
DolFan4Life

Tampa, FL

#46 Feb 26, 2009
Dolfan Rob wrote:
OVERATED
- Offerdahl, Cox and Thomas were much better
Disagree. Offerdahl and Cox were beasts. Zach was an undersized LB whose A+ effort in hustle masked the fact that he was highly overated. Truth be told, Zach was one of the contributing reasons the Dolphins never went farther in the playoffs. I know, I know, he was a fan favorite and I'll catch flack for this, but it's the truth and getting him off the squad was a good idea. Crowder is the more effective player.
whatever

Anderson, IN

#47 Feb 26, 2009
Hope the contract is loaded with incentives. That would be a win win. Crowder gets his money if he improves, and Miami only pays if he is worth it.

He is a great guy, but I agree with many of the other posters. He needs some improvement.
whatever

Anderson, IN

#48 Feb 26, 2009
DolFan4Life wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree. Offerdahl and Cox were beasts. Zach was an undersized LB whose A+ effort in hustle masked the fact that he was highly overated. Truth be told, Zach was one of the contributing reasons the Dolphins never went farther in the playoffs. I know, I know, he was a fan favorite and I'll catch flack for this, but it's the truth and getting him off the squad was a good idea. Crowder is the more effective player.
That is a load of crap. Sooo many times, Thomas came through with 3rd down stops in the backfield and other game changing plays. He was a star on the Dolphins. Are you F'ing blind?
Gio

Pompano Beach, FL

#49 Feb 27, 2009
How much money?? crap article. He's not worth more than 3.5
Gio

Pompano Beach, FL

#50 Feb 27, 2009
DolFan4Life wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the dumbest thing i ever heard. Crowder has 1 sack no int's no fumbles no force fumbles in 4 years. Look at Zach's numbers. The reason the fins didn't make the playoffs is cause Wanny,Saban,Speilman,Mueller and those idiots. When the fins had Jimmy we made the playoffs 4 out of Zach first 5 years. Football is not basketball its the ultimate team sport.

“Everything changes.”

Since: Nov 07

Hollywood, FL

#51 Feb 27, 2009
say what wrote:
Unsatisfied with his possible destinations if he hit the free agent market, inside linebacker Channing Crowder has signed with the Miami Dolphins, remaining with the NFL team that drafted him...
"translated"----No team was willing to pay me the money my ego thought i was worth, because im just not that good"---what really blows in all this is the fact we ARE keeping crowder and NOT getting Bart Scott.
Bart Scott is s solid player...is he that much better than Crowder? the numbers don't say so...

As for he couldn't get the money...he never really tested the free agency market, so he'll never really know. Yeah, his agent probably talked to some teams under the table, but some teams won't risk talking to him for fear of tampering charges.

Crowder may not be an all-star, but he's a solid player.
Hopeful Dolfan

Buffalo, NY

#52 Feb 27, 2009
Not really very excited about Crowder being re-signed. Actually kind of disappointed, because I think the Fins should be MUCH MORE aggressive in upgrading that spot. Crowder doesn't do much besides the absolutely routine plays, and he certainly does NOT make ANY game-changing plays.

And Sean from Owings Mills MD, that mock draft would be AWESOME for the Fins!
Funny

AOL

#53 Feb 27, 2009
Last week all you moron Dolphins fans called him a loser and a no-skilled player...now your back on his wagon since he re-signed. ROFLMAO!
Gio

Pompano Beach, FL

#54 Mar 2, 2009
Here is some stats. 4 Years. 1 1/2 sacks. 0 Int's. 0 Fumble Recoverys. 0 Force Fumbles. I hope we didnt overpay for Crowder.
Its Still Funny

AOL

#55 Mar 2, 2009
Last week all you moron Dolphins fans called him a loser and a no-skilled player...now your back on his wagon since he re-signed. ROFLMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yeremiah Bell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Analyzing 5 Potential New York Jets Salary Cap ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Oddball 2
News Marc Ross, Scott Cohen Up Next In Jets GM Search (Jan '13) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News New York Jets - Somehow Very Relevant In December (Dec '12) Dec '12 TimTeblowJob 1
News Jets' Ryan Stands Firm, Won't Make Decision Jus... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 11
News New York Jets Tackle Hunger with Food Bank for ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 8
News 3-5 Jets believe their season is far from lost (Nov '12) Nov '12 Broncos vs Pats 7
News Rex: Jets aren't 'sniffing' playoffs (Nov '12) Nov '12 Rectal Stench 1
More from around the web