Dolphins re-sign linebacker Channing ...

Dolphins re-sign linebacker Channing Crowder

There are 52 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Feb 25, 2009, titled Dolphins re-sign linebacker Channing Crowder. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Unsatisfied with his possible destinations if he hit the free agent market, inside linebacker Channing Crowder has agreed to re-sign with the Miami Dolphins , remaining with the NFL team that drafted him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Toadfish

Port Charlotte, FL

#1 Feb 25, 2009
Having met and talked with channing on several occasions im happy to have him back in the fold. I just want to see some game changing plays over the next 3 years from him. now we can draft a linebacker a little later on in the draft to help work into the fins future. With Porter, a more comfortable Roth, a potential future stud in Wake, and Crowder the linebacking corps should be steady over the next couple of years.
njing

Lansdowne, PA

#2 Feb 25, 2009
Is this stability at the expense of improvement? As long as the team did not stretch...ok, but they need stronger and faster players...not the same ones.
MiamiFinsFan

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Feb 25, 2009
The guy can play! Lets continue to build
Chuck

Mechanicsville, VA

#4 Feb 25, 2009
Good move two of the better young starters are signed just need to finish it with Y.Bell, if we can't sign a free agent Center the draft is loaded at this position, Satele is backup at best we need a powerful presence that can dominate at this position, good move Fins!
sean

Gainesville, VA

#5 Feb 25, 2009
Crowder must have come to the idea that he is what he is a good (not great) MLB and took the home town money.He also knows we are going to make a run at the SB for the next few yrs and wants that SB ring.
Bogenshitz

Covington, LA

#6 Feb 25, 2009
This guy hasn't made a play worth mentioning since he started. Hopefully the Dolphins will draft IL or pick one up in FA. Crowder ain't the future he's status quo,so is the other ILB.
Hopefully he didn't eat up too much cap money
steelhead

Arcata, CA

#7 Feb 25, 2009
Good work trifecta! Crowder was worth it and he wants to play for Miami. Look what happened the one game he was out last year! Look for him to improve in 09!
sean

Gainesville, VA

#9 Feb 25, 2009
Bill will still go after the LB position in the draft because of depth and the future.We should sign YBell and Goody if the money is right.Then draft a CB FS and a SS for the future.With the rest of the picks should draft a WR and O and D lineman
Frank

United States

#10 Feb 25, 2009
Lets go PHINS!!! Keep 'em coming

Rastis

Stuart, FL

#11 Feb 25, 2009
Good
JJJ1973

Bakersfield, CA

#12 Feb 25, 2009
No offense to Crowder, he is a good player. BUT, we need improvement. I do not see going to the next level or being a championship team by resigning all of our remining players that did not do anything to help get us further in the playoffs. You bring players in here that are going to do that. I would hate to see our free agent money being wasted on second rate garbage like last season, accept for Pennington, or on our own players who do not have what it takes to get us over the hump on our own. The last ten years or so, we have focused on just signing our own players, and not getting anything new, and it cost us playoffs, or going further in them. If we are to take this front office seriously, then it is time to get people in here of HIGH calibur, not these ex Dallas rejects or players that did nothing for their teams but get fact contracts...We NEED good quality players that get the job done. PERIOD. I would not have resigned a player who openly trashed the organization. I would have let him test the free agent market, then get someone who was more valuable at the position.
stevinator

AOL

#13 Feb 25, 2009
Crowder is OK-hasn't yet played up to his potential.

I am hearing Jimmy Cefalo (ugh) in my daydreams...Pennington heaves a wobbler but it looks like Coles has it cleanly...30,20,10...TOUCHDOWN !!!!
Later Gator

Miami, FL

#14 Feb 25, 2009
First he dumps on his team, "they dropped the ball," then he dumps on his agent, "my agent wanted to hit free agency but I love Miami and the people here," Crowder said. These players make all this money, but many of them don't take personal responsibility for their words or actions. I hope he takes a different approach on the field with his teammates and coaches. If the Dolphins dropped the ball, does that mean Crowder picked up the fumble for a change?
Rick in Miami

Miami Beach, FL

#15 Feb 25, 2009
Good Job!!! We still need to draft ILB though.
stevinator

AOL

#16 Feb 25, 2009
Crowder is OK-hasn't learned to fight like a man yet.

I am hearing Jimmy Cefalo (ugh) in my daydreams...Pennington heaves a wobbler but it looks like Ed Reed has it cleanly...30,20,10...TOUCHDOWN !!!!
RRRawlo

Tallahassee, FL

#17 Feb 25, 2009
YOU KNow what this sux. Isn't free agency about damn it upgrading. And we bring back Channingless Chowder. What is going on and how much did it cost. Like the coach said "we have holes" we need to fill them with concrete cement not..playdough. This is not a good move. All i see more 3rd and Eight and 3rd and ten completions through the middle and Chowder making tackle after he was caught out of position again and again. Once again this SUX. I dont mean to be Critical of the Guy but c'mon he is not the answer especially not in miami. There is a question of not applying the pressure on those late downs that also must be addressed with a more fierce nose tackle maybe like Shaun Rogers who can plug up the middle and bring pressur on the QB and force an earlier throw so Channingless isnt caught out of position so many times. Lets make some better moves. GO FINS!!
sheehanje

Albany, NY

#18 Feb 25, 2009
Good move... Crowder is a good LB, and it means we can use the early picks to fill bigger voids. Yes, we could've looked for a better ILB, but there are other positions that need an upgrade more. Guard, Center, and a NT to groom under Fergueson are all way more important in this rebuilding process. I imagine this deal is less that we would have to spend on a small upgrade in FA.
sean

Gainesville, VA

#19 Feb 25, 2009
Post Crowder signing Mock draft #25 1st rd Rey Maualuga ILB USC, Will play next to Crowder and start right away taking over for Ayodele who will play backup, can play both ILBs positions. #44(from WAS) Alphonso Smith CB Wake Forest, Need to get younger at this position and do with this pick can play right away. #56 2nd rd Rashad Johnson FS Alabama, Need a better FS and Rathad Johnson will be better than RHill thats an upgrade.#87 3rd rd Pat White WR/QB West Virginia, I liked what I saw in the combine I can see him and Ronnie in the wild cat can catch can throw and can run.#122(will change for com picks) 4th rd Sammie Lee Hill DT/NT Stillman, Can learn the NT position from big Ferg and can take over that position in the future. 5th rd Marko Mitchell WR Nevada, Big WR put up good #s in college and is ahletic enough to play in the NFL. 7th rd(from CLE) Darcel McBath S Texas Tech, good pick Bill will give more depth and one day can take over for YBell. 7th rd Dallas Reynolds C BYU, I like this guy he is BIG(328) and played very good this yr and could be good enough to start for us this yr if not could play RG or LG if needed. 7th rd(from CAR) Marlon Favorite DT LSU BIG body to rotate in and out of or Dline all yr. If we get the players in this draft we are on or way to the SB in the next yr or 2.
sean

Gainesville, VA

#20 Feb 25, 2009
WoW that was the best Mock yet!!!!!!!!!!
Radryan

United States

#21 Feb 25, 2009
Frank wrote:
Lets go PHINS!!! Keep 'em coming
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1Eq8iGwZMj8XX
Great Video. Cant wait till the next one

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yeremiah Bell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Analyzing 5 Potential New York Jets Salary Cap ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Oddball 2
News Marc Ross, Scott Cohen Up Next In Jets GM Search (Jan '13) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News New York Jets - Somehow Very Relevant In December (Dec '12) Dec '12 TimTeblowJob 1
News Jets' Ryan Stands Firm, Won't Make Decision Jus... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 11
News New York Jets Tackle Hunger with Food Bank for ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 8
News 3-5 Jets believe their season is far from lost (Nov '12) Nov '12 Broncos vs Pats 7
News Rex: Jets aren't 'sniffing' playoffs (Nov '12) Nov '12 Rectal Stench 1
More from around the web