No joke, Dolphins don't need gimmicks

No joke, Dolphins don't need gimmicks

There are 209 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 5, 2008, titled No joke, Dolphins don't need gimmicks. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Put away the laugh tracks, the exploding cigars, the lobster traps Dave Wannstedt once fastened to the locker room ceiling and the tapes of Cam Cameron saying, "Ted Ginn is a Miami Dolphin." The Dolphins won a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
red

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Oct 5, 2008
What a game!! The stadium was going wild, the roar of the fans lasted well after the game was over and everyone was filing out. Fun had by all, I hope this energy lasts! Go fins!!
JAL

Miami, FL

#2 Oct 5, 2008
And to think they almost beat the Jets and could have been 3-1...
chris

Cape Coral, FL

#3 Oct 5, 2008
Fins should be 3-1. We should have beat the Mijets. Great game today guys. Well deserved and way to play your arses off!
Scrambled eggs

United States

#4 Oct 5, 2008
Dang, I miss Trent Green! LOL!!!!!!!
Walker

United States

#5 Oct 5, 2008
Great win, although a bunch of us called the win unlike the media!! Glad to see CP downplaying it as a simple win, hopefully that attitude will rub off so that they stay focused. Go Phins and take out Houston next week and get another monkey off our back (we've never beaten the Texans! bet Sparano changes that.)
JoeMama

United States

#7 Oct 5, 2008
monkey?
john madden

United States

#8 Oct 5, 2008
red wrote:
What a game!! The stadium was going wild, the roar of the fans lasted well after the game was over and everyone was filing out. Fun had by all, I hope this energy lasts! Go fins!!
This was the loudest I have heard the fans after a game in years. the chants of " LETS GO DOLPHINS " are still ringing in my ears. This is definatly the start of a NEW BEGINING" cant wait to get back to the stadium for the ravens in 2 weeks. With houston and baltimore the next 2 weeks am I being overly confident to think 4- 2. LETS GO DOLHINS
finfan4life

United States

#9 Oct 5, 2008
Wow! A great game by Ronnie! Even better by the Defense! But, I can't believe I'm going to say this, but Chad Pennington has been AWESOME the last two weeks! A true Pro...And very well grounded like a Leader needs to be.

Go FINS!!!
Andrew

Hollywood, FL

#11 Oct 5, 2008
chad pennington fell right into our laps..thanks new york
steveincoralspri ngs

Pompano Beach, FL

#12 Oct 5, 2008
Congratulations Miami Dolphins !! Keep the focus...
Finboss

Spearman, TX

#15 Oct 5, 2008
"Who're You?" says Phillip Rivers! What an idiot!! He sounds like the evil veteran quarterback in "The Replacements" right before Shane Falco runs him out of the locker room. What an egotistical child.
mike

Boca Raton, FL

#16 Oct 5, 2008
lets just take one game at a time!! and i do think next week we'll see another good performance.
Stripbar Joe

Hallandale, FL

#17 Oct 5, 2008
Great win.....Who are these guy? Doesn't matter I am enjoying being a Dolfan again.
shadowdog

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#18 Oct 5, 2008
when will you all learn. the big tuna has this mission under control. go fins
Zombie

Miami, FL

#19 Oct 5, 2008
Dolphins don't need gimmicks??? Hmmmm, I seemed to have seen at least a half a dozen trick plays, which means you DO need gimmicks to win games.

You're the laughing stock of the NFL by not being able to win by playing a normal football game.

What a joke...
Seriously

Saint Louis, MO

#21 Oct 5, 2008
you guys commenting are the people that were bashing them after week 2, give it up, they are showing improvements, but the supernbowl reference by Smiley is a little far fetched, would be cool, but there are still a few missing links, never the less, good win
pffft

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#22 Oct 5, 2008
="Zombie"]Dolphins don't need gimmicks??? Hmmmm, I seemed to have seen at least a half a dozen trick plays, which means you DO need gimmicks to win games.
You're the laughing stock of the NFL by not being able to win by playing a normal football game.

Sweet. What a turd. We're really getting to him. Go fins!!
Zombie

Miami, FL

#23 Oct 5, 2008
Dolphin fans are notorious for being bandwagon fans, that shouldn't surprise you Seriously.
Zombie

Miami, FL

#24 Oct 5, 2008
pffft wrote:
What a turd. We're really getting to him. Go fins!!
"turd"? Ouch, that one hurt.

I laugh at the tuna fans and your posts. Especially the one about the superbowl after winning 2 whole games in a row. hahahahahahaha
Fin Fan

Pompano Beach, FL

#27 Oct 5, 2008
I'll stand by my pre season prediction: Dolphins finish the season atleast 10-6

GO FINS!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yeremiah Bell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Analyzing 5 Potential New York Jets Salary Cap ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Oddball 2
News Marc Ross, Scott Cohen Up Next In Jets GM Search (Jan '13) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News New York Jets - Somehow Very Relevant In December (Dec '12) Dec '12 TimTeblowJob 1
News Jets' Ryan Stands Firm, Won't Make Decision Jus... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 11
News New York Jets Tackle Hunger with Food Bank for ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 8
News 3-5 Jets believe their season is far from lost (Nov '12) Nov '12 Broncos vs Pats 7
News Rex: Jets aren't 'sniffing' playoffs (Nov '12) Nov '12 Rectal Stench 1
More from around the web