Dolphins poised for one of most remarkable turnarounds ever

A year ago, the Miami Dolphins were the Detroit Lions , 0-13 and seemingly headed for the first 0-16 season in NFL history. Full Story
Doug T

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Dec 9, 2008
My prediction (hope)
Jets lose again to either Miami or at Seatle. Miami wins out and wins division. NE wins out but loses out to Miami for playoff spot.

Miami host a playoff game!(and loses to the Ravens again!)
OBL67

Palm Coast, FL

#2 Dec 9, 2008
A year ago at this time I was driving 3 1/2 hours in tornado weather for the Baltimore game.(A memorable one)
What a difference a year makes. This has the feel of '71...Christmas Eve, KC, overtime. You get the picture. December 28th could be one of those days for the ages. One can hope.
JAK

Miami, FL

#3 Dec 9, 2008
Another example of the local Sports Pages telling us something we already know. Really, Sun Sentinel/AP. You're saying going from 1-15 to a potential playoff berth is a "remarkable turnaround"? Gee, thanks for letting us in on the secret.
Monorchid Misterio

Houston, TX

#4 Dec 9, 2008
agree, the rest of the nfl will be looking for a new punching bag (dolphins) in the playoffs if the dolphins make it.

dolphins suck
In Buffalo

United States

#5 Dec 9, 2008
I was in Toronto for the Bills "home" game and it was great to see all the cry baby Bills fans witness the Dolphins sweeping them this season. And to add fuel to the fire, the stadium was dominated by Fins fans. GO DOLPHINS!!
Banana Republic

Hollywood, FL

#6 Dec 9, 2008
JAK wrote:
Another example of the local Sports Pages telling us something we already know. Really, Sun Sentinel/AP. You're saying going from 1-15 to a potential playoff berth is a "remarkable turnaround"? Gee, thanks for letting us in on the secret.
Looks like it was an AP report. You know NATION WIDE. That in itself is a sign of how far this team has come. Last year we were a national story an entirely different reason. It feels really good not to be laughed at by the football world. I have to say I do feel for Detroit.

3 WINS = WE IN
Banana Republic

Hollywood, FL

#7 Dec 9, 2008
Monorchid Misterio wrote:
agree, the rest of the nfl will be looking for a new punching bag (dolphins) in the playoffs if the dolphins make it.
dolphins suck
Another sorry a$$ hater. Life sucks when your a Jest fan doesnt it.
Armchair Analyst

Tonawanda, NY

#8 Dec 9, 2008
Who would've believed at the beginning of the season that there would be a legitimate possibility the Dolphins would go to the playoffs while the Redskins wouldn't. Incredibly, that's the scenario that could unfold in the coming weeks. That JT trade, which many seemed to think was the end of the Dolphins' world, is beginning to look better and better. Of course, at the time we didn't have any idea Joey Porter would have a monster year and replace those sacks that used to go to JT. Still, it does underscore Joey's point that he was being used wrongly last year and the concommitant observation that Sparano's staff is lightyears ahead of Cam's.

BTW, you wanted out of Miami, JT? How'd that trade work out for you? Are you sure you don't want to reconsider?

Regardless of what happens from here on (For the record: My prediction to win the division is the Jets. I hope I'm wrong, would love to be wrong, just an unbiased prediction), it's been a great season. IMO, I agree with Jimmy Cefalo the biggest thing we learned this season about the Phins going forward is that this coaching staff can coach and the front office can draft. Which is all the more reason it's nice to have the extra 2nd rd. pick (from the JT trade). The future is lookin' bright!
JAK

Miami, FL

#9 Dec 9, 2008
Banana Republic wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like it was an AP report. You know NATION WIDE. That in itself is a sign of how far this team has come. Last year we were a national story an entirely different reason. It feels really good not to be laughed at by the football world. I have to say I do feel for Detroit.
3 WINS = WE IN
True Dat
Big D

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#10 Dec 9, 2008
Let's not get too excited. The usual end of year meltdown is on the way. It will be a great turnaround, playoffs or not.
shadow dog

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#11 Dec 9, 2008
we will take it. this is what the tuna is known for. i guess he struck gold again,, go fins
JAK

Miami, FL

#12 Dec 9, 2008
Big D wrote:
Let's not get too excited. The usual end of year meltdown is on the way. It will be a great turnaround, playoffs or not.
We've been down this road before haven't we?
marinofan13

Wyoming, PA

#13 Dec 9, 2008
I like that the players (and fans) are well aware of a playoff possibility (perhaps it will give them more drive), but they still need to focus on the matter at hand: the 49ers. One game at a time.

I haven't been this proud of our Phins in a LONG time. Keep up the outstanding work!!!
Armchair Analyst

Allegany, NY

#14 Dec 9, 2008
marinofan13 wrote:
I like that the players (and fans) are well aware of a playoff possibility (perhaps it will give them more drive), but they still need to focus on the matter at hand: the 49ers. One game at a time.
I haven't been this proud of our Phins in a LONG time. Keep up the outstanding work!!!
Your perspective is dead on. This team isn't talented enough yet to produce 'easy' wins. Sparano's biggest job now just might be getting this team to have 'tunnel vision' on the next opponent. It's a one-game season 3 weeks in a row. Then, if all goes well, we can focus on bigger dreams.
jason

East Peoria, IL

#15 Dec 10, 2008
dolphins suck
Do you have a life? I mean to get on a website of a local newspaper just to bash a team? I wish I had free time in my day to do useless things. Why don't you go out and find a job? Even better go find a chick and get laid! Do something because your pathetic life is making me depressed.
Dolphlats

AOL

#16 Dec 10, 2008
Wow, bashing a guy and saying he has no life....go get laid...lol.
ralphthedolfan

Falls Church, VA

#17 Dec 12, 2008
jason wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a life? I mean to get on a website of a local newspaper just to bash a team? I wish I had free time in my day to do useless things. Why don't you go out and find a job? Even better go find a chick and get laid! Do something because your pathetic life is making me depressed.
that friggin clown lives near a sheep farm. he dont need a woman.
JAK

Miami, FL

#18 Dec 12, 2008
Banana Republic wrote:
<quoted text>
3 WINS = WE IN
Next thing you know, the S.S. will run a story about how our coach preaches "no turnovers", and that the teams with the fewest turnovers usually win the most games.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/p...
Silly

Warrenton, VA

#19 Dec 14, 2008
dolphins suck
Homochild looking for a bag with a couple of nuts.
Moronchild still gay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yeremiah Bell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Analyzing 5 Potential New York Jets Salary Cap ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Oddball 2
Marc Ross, Scott Cohen Up Next In Jets GM Search (Jan '13) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
New York Jets - Somehow Very Relevant In December (Dec '12) Dec '12 TimTeblowJob 1
Jets' Ryan Stands Firm, Won't Make Decision Jus... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 11
New York Jets Tackle Hunger with Food Bank for ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 8
3-5 Jets believe their season is far from lost (Nov '12) Nov '12 Broncos vs Pats 7
Rex: Jets aren't 'sniffing' playoffs (Nov '12) Nov '12 Rectal Stench 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Yeremiah Bell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••