Four Dolphins lead AFC in Pro Bowl fa...

Four Dolphins lead AFC in Pro Bowl fan votes

There are 22 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Dec 3, 2008, titled Four Dolphins lead AFC in Pro Bowl fan votes. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

With less than a week left in voting for Pro Bowl berths four Dolphins own the AFC's top spot in fan votes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
yeagators

Pompano Beach, FL

#1 Dec 3, 2008
Rock the vote!!!!!
mike

Nürnberg, Germany

#2 Dec 3, 2008
Wow! I'm surprised Jake Long leading. Everyone in Miami knows how great he's been playing. I'm surprised that the NFL fans are that smart to recognize Jake's efforts.
Diggs

Navarre, FL

#3 Dec 3, 2008
What about Pennington?
hertzer

Easton, PA

#4 Dec 3, 2008
there will be more next year!
Ebony ESPN

AOL

#5 Dec 3, 2008
mike wrote:
Wow! I'm surprised Jake Long leading. Everyone in Miami knows how great he's been playing. I'm surprised that the NFL fans are that smart to recognize Jake's efforts.
What you must weigh is the race factor. Jake Long is white. ESPN rarely if ever, puts on a white player. They have Chad 1-9 Johnson on sony tron cathing his only pass of the game as comparing him with Don Maynard. Wes Welker didn't make the Pro Bowl when he led in virtually every category.
To make the NFL Pro Bowl as a white man, you have to be 3 times as good. I remember a few years ago Bosch,sp, made a sack for the Titans in a game and the announcer mentioned at the time, he led the NFL in sacks,,I had never heard of him,,same with Kapman and others....Also, we live in a country that worships blacks who can't play. I would not doubt if most whites still think Vince Young is starting and didn't Collins retire as a white supremist 5 years ago with John Rocker? lol
joseph

Dahlonega, GA

#6 Dec 3, 2008
Forget all the hype etc...All the Fins need to do is win all their games between now and Feb. of 2009 and Ill be a happy camper...
sssss

Lake Worth, FL

#7 Dec 3, 2008
the only one that really surprizes me is ronnie. hes doing great this year but it surprizes me that hes getting this kind of love
DC Phins FAN

Bethesda, MD

#8 Dec 3, 2008
Pennington is the hands down MVP. Any of ya that say otherwise I can only say "thou hast eyes to see, and see not"
JET FAN

Covington, LA

#9 Dec 3, 2008
Here's the facts roonie brownbag is getting like 50yds a game whereas thomas Jones leads the AFC and about 120 yds a game.
Carpet-der-nurd! The guy can't reach the end zone MAN! Joey Porter hasn't had a sack in the last two games!
AAAAAAAAAAGHT! Harrison from pittsburg has 14 so Porter needs to do something for a change. Jake Long? What's he done?
You losers are 30th in the league in run offense.bAAAAAA Humbug!
pool table

Pompano Beach, FL

#10 Dec 3, 2008
What a farce. Jake Long stinks!
pool table

Pompano Beach, FL

#11 Dec 3, 2008
And Ronnie Brown isnt even the best RB on the team.
New Yorkers suck

Kansas City, MO

#12 Dec 4, 2008
JET FAN wrote:
Here's the facts roonie brownbag is getting like 50yds a game whereas thomas Jones leads the AFC and about 120 yds a game.
Carpet-der-nurd! The guy can't reach the end zone MAN! Joey Porter hasn't had a sack in the last two games!
AAAAAAAAAAGHT! Harrison from pittsburg has 14 so Porter needs to do something for a change. Jake Long? What's he done?
go away, jizz moppin dork inbred
Jay

United States

#13 Dec 4, 2008
long has done very well, but should not be the top vote getter at left tackle.
chupacabra

Sorrento, FL

#14 Dec 4, 2008
Joey Porter deserves to go. having to fight off guys bigger than him and still managing all those sacks deserves recognition.

Carpenter is having a dream rookie season for a kicker and I think he will one day be a pro bowler, but he hasn't been tested quite yet. hasn't had to try long field goals under pressure situations or game winners or kicks in bad weather. there are other kickers who deserve it more than him in the AFC. considering a guy like Janickowski has 19 some touchbacks vs. carpenters 6. or that gostowski and dawson have almost 30 FG's made vs. carpenters 16. nothing against Carpenter though who is proving many fans wrong when we dumped Feeley.

Ronnie Brown had a monster couple games thanks to the wild cat, but hasn't done much since. he is an amazing runner and definately deserves to go, but not as the #1 RB. maybe #3. Thomas Jones and Cris Johnson are having better seasons overall.. although Ronnie is 2nd with 10 TD's.

can we honestly say Jake Long is the best LT in the AFC? not so sure about that. unless you have access to film to see who really is doing the best we cannot really say. all i can tell you is that a lot of runs have followed him. i think he will go to many pro bowls in the future. whether he should go this year is up to DE's who have faced him.
whatever

Anderson, IN

#15 Dec 4, 2008
Porter is the only player on this team that deserves to go to the Pro Bowl.
Ryan

Bakersfield, CA

#16 Dec 4, 2008
JET FAN wrote:
Jeez you are one stupid individual. Do you think of these dumb names before you go to bed at night? You are so freaking lame and so is all the other so called jets fans in here. I think the only reason you are here is because jets fans are so dumb they dont even know how to start a blog or anything. Go away. Can any of the sunsentinel people ban these people?
Dolphlunks

AOL

#17 Dec 4, 2008
Some of you clowns probably voted 50 times for this list to make it.
Armchair Analyst

United States

#21 Dec 5, 2008
JET FAN wrote:
Do you ever really try to be objective? Or do you just not care whether or not you are? I'll give you the Thomas Jones (over against Ronnie Brown) argument and I'll give you the fact that Carpenter shouldn't be strongly considered. But Porter and Jake Long are very deserving of consideration by ANY objective observer.
Tamarac Tony

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#22 Dec 6, 2008
sssss wrote:
the only one that really surprizes me is ronnie. hes doing great this year but it surprizes me that hes getting this kind of love
No surprise to me. He is a great player, apparently a great team mate, a hard worker and an EXCELLENT interview. Look at the impact he has had on Ricky.
Dolphlunks

AOL

#23 Dec 6, 2008
Looks like the AFC will lose this years Pro Bowl. Thanks for voting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yeremiah Bell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Analyzing 5 Potential New York Jets Salary Cap ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Oddball 2
News Marc Ross, Scott Cohen Up Next In Jets GM Search (Jan '13) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News New York Jets - Somehow Very Relevant In December (Dec '12) Dec '12 TimTeblowJob 1
News Jets' Ryan Stands Firm, Won't Make Decision Jus... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 11
News New York Jets Tackle Hunger with Food Bank for ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 8
News 3-5 Jets believe their season is far from lost (Nov '12) Nov '12 Broncos vs Pats 7
News Rex: Jets aren't 'sniffing' playoffs (Nov '12) Nov '12 Rectal Stench 1
More from around the web