Miami Dolphins General Manager Jeff I...

Miami Dolphins General Manager Jeff Ireland post-draft press co...

There are 9 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Miami Dolphins General Manager Jeff Ireland post-draft press co.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

IRELAND: I really feel like we got better today. As you well know, the draft is a process, and throughout the process what you try to do is add good football players to your roster who want to compete and who can help you win.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

michael

Wenonah, NJ

#1 Apr 27, 2009
It is going to be interesting to see how they will pan out
perspective

Clermont, FL

#2 Apr 27, 2009
Regarding the trade of their final 7th.rd. pick to Kansas City. Ireland said their board had been picked clean, it was empty. If this is the case, why did I see a story on E.S.P.N. about Franz Joseph going undrafted and finally deciding to sign with Oakland after having said that he was also offered an undrafted free agent contract from the Dolphins? And it was his decision to trade the pick, not Parcells'? Sounds like a croc if you ask me.
Jason

Pompano Beach, FL

#3 Apr 27, 2009
The dynasty be fins!
Einstein

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 Apr 27, 2009
I notice the draft mavens, in particular Mel Kiper, JUNIOR, gave the 'phins a snidely "C". The others placed the 'phins last as well in the division. They did so last year as well and ... guess what, the 'phins won the division.

Now, some may say it was a combiantion of a light schedule, Brady getting bushwhacked and the Yets committing Harry Carey (Cubs loooooose! Again!!!).

I think, just sort of along these lines. If the draft mavens and all the sports columnists were REALLY as good as they claim to be, Tuna, Tony and Irish would be writing columns and they would be coaching.

But that isn't so.

I remember a year ago, today, that a lot of people were grumbling no quarterback, the team is going to win 4, maybe 6 games if they are lucky. Nobody believed. Woohoo, what a difference a coaching staff makes.

Let's see what unfolds in the next few months. I have a feeling that the defense is going to have two very nasty spear points on the edges, the DT question will start answering itself, the secondary is going to start getting very dominant and the offense is going to be a lot better.

I can't wait to see those new receivers after a half yeaer and I can't wait to see the first WildPat play. Iooh oooh, gotta love those 'phins.

We go to the playoffs and win at least game 17.

In 2010, we go to the Super Bowl, maybe, if the QB situation is copasetic.

And I ain't no futbol maven, I work for a living.
kcusstej

Moscow, Russia

#5 Apr 27, 2009
we will not make the playoffs, but if we do we will choke and look stupid again. i have no johnson.
ramsterone

Winter Haven, FL

#6 Apr 27, 2009
Hey Ireland, maybe you can find some more pygmies to draft, now that Beck is gone.
Ram

Miami, FL

#7 Apr 28, 2009
I'm still concerned with the NT position. Ferguson goes down and we're screwed. I'm not convinced the Samoan can handle it. He seems to be more of a 4-3 DT. We will make moves during pre-season and I hope it brings a big body.
Waterboy

Miami, FL

#8 Apr 30, 2009
Did you guys read the answer on the punter? " he is a little old right now"
WTF? he is getting younger latter...

Then he says "he is nice young man"

Ireland must have been brain dead at the end
drdolfan

Moscow, Russia

#9 Apr 30, 2009
His ballz are old too. I know, I am a fin fan and have seen them on my chin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yeremiah Bell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Analyzing 5 Potential New York Jets Salary Cap ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Oddball 2
News Marc Ross, Scott Cohen Up Next In Jets GM Search (Jan '13) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News New York Jets - Somehow Very Relevant In December (Dec '12) Dec '12 TimTeblowJob 1
News Jets' Ryan Stands Firm, Won't Make Decision Jus... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 11
News New York Jets Tackle Hunger with Food Bank for ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 8
News 3-5 Jets believe their season is far from lost (Nov '12) Nov '12 Broncos vs Pats 7
News Rex: Jets aren't 'sniffing' playoffs (Nov '12) Nov '12 Rectal Stench 1
More from around the web