Coach Tony Sparano: pass defense did ...

Coach Tony Sparano: pass defense did in Dolphins

There are 38 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 13, 2008, titled Coach Tony Sparano: pass defense did in Dolphins. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said there were many reasons for his team's loss at Houston Sunday but that one part of the equation is simple enough.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
what

United States

#22 Oct 13, 2008
We need to use our first two picks in next years draft on a CB and a Safey... We have some of the worst DB's in the NFL...
Lou Vales

Anderson, SC

#23 Oct 13, 2008
Michael, You may be a shill after all. Still waiting for your opinion of a man who would say that his real GOOD friend had been injured in Gainesville in an "incident" to aid recruiting by casting Gainesville as a dangerous area WHEN in reality the man's GOOD friend had died in Dade County after a long illness. That sound cool to you big guy??? What do you think of a MAN that would do that and then say he "was confused when answering the question"-----Wow!!!!!!

Think that job as a "beat" writer might be a long one. The Times, Post or Globe probably isn't in your future.

AND before you even think it, I almost got my butt killed in Selma by doing the "right thing". Your turn!!
JarrettFinFan4Li fe

AOL

#24 Oct 13, 2008
Good effort guys, but your defense screwed the team. I have seen better tackling in my nephews pee wee league. Get that secondary in particular shored up. AND, just think: if some jack-ass wouldn't have traded Chris Chambers, then WE would have a big time receiver...Go fugure. Keep your chin up guys -
Carm the charm

Victoria, Canada

#26 Oct 13, 2008
Granted the secondary is the wink link here on D. But there is no doubt in my mind that #24 is the weakest link here. Afraid to make tackles, afraid to make plays. Please coach, make a change here. Give Jason Allen another chance.
sweet

AOL

#27 Oct 13, 2008
all you ham and eggers trying to clown J. Bell.. shut your pie holes!!! He got beat, it happens. The receiver made a great play. J. Bell is a very good DB. He has won and will win his share. We were lucky to even be in the game to tell u the truth. We will get it done next week.

Since: Apr 07

ridgefarm Il

#28 Oct 14, 2008
This is a rebuilding year. Get used to it. We've won two games so far, we only won one all last year. The front seven of the defense will only get better, as will the offensive line, which did a very good job keep pennington standing. yeah, Miami doesn't have a good wr corp yet. But that will change in next years draft. It may be a thin crop next year, but all Miami needs is one good WR.
lox-boy

West Palm Beach, FL

#29 Oct 14, 2008
That last play was a coaching error.whoever called that scheme and didn't cover the qb made a bad call. It shouldn't have come down to that,but you can't leave the qb alone .
Raiderette Mysteria

Houston, TX

#30 Oct 14, 2008
miami needs to move to canada.

dolphins smell.

Since: Sep 08

Chandler, AZ

#31 Oct 14, 2008
sweet wrote:
all you ham and eggers trying to clown J. Bell.. shut your pie holes!!! He got beat, it happens. The receiver made a great play. J. Bell is a very good DB. He has won and will win his share. We were lucky to even be in the game to tell u the truth. We will get it done next week.
It's Y. Bell douche-bag...as in Yeremiah...so who are you calling ham and eggers? At least know the team you're talking about before calling out other fans.
mike h from wmsbg va

Duncansville, PA

#32 Oct 14, 2008
personally,i thought coaching cost us the game against the texans.#1 defense on the field way to long.why?the offense could not muster enough first downs to keep them fresh.the play calling on forth and short could've made it a different story.how?we had at least 4 chances at 4th and short to burn more time off the clock.#2 not calling for a timeout , on the last play to set your defense.#3 not getting enough out of special teams.ginn should be the kick returner,bess for punts.we were told special teams were our strongest of the 3 teames.not.punter can't coffin corner.and he needs to learn how to tackle to save the team from getting scored on.his sorry attemp to tackle the texan was a joke.whiffed by two yards.coach look no further than the mirror to look for blame.
JET FAN

Covington, LA

#33 Oct 14, 2008
FredfromPA wrote:
Hey Jetfan you must really like the dolphins after all, every time i read the comments you have a say. So If you are truley a Jets fan like you claim to be why do you keep coming back here and posting cooments. Or do you need to get a life!!!! You must be a sorry son of a B_ t_****!!! Now get lost and don't ever come back cause you are starting to **** me off with those negative comments!!!
Cause i live here dumb/ass!
I try to give you losers some important facts AAAAAAAAAAGHT! It's just great bein a Jet Fan in Miami/Miami Beach! What's your problem?
Did your boyfriend give you roids? hahahahahaharg!
Mike 17-0

Stow, OH

#34 Oct 14, 2008
I see your pathetic life hasn't changed even though....
JET FAN wrote:
<quoted text>Cause i live here dumb/****!
I try to give you losers some important facts AAAAAAAAAAGHT! It's just great bein a Jet Fan in Miami/Miami Beach! What's your problem?
Did your boyfriend give you roids? hahahahahaharg!
LMMFAO

Lone Jack, MO

#35 Oct 15, 2008
1)London was the one who pussed out on tackling the punt returner..at least Fields dove at the guy.

2)Crowder WAS spying in the middle but Bell yelled at him before the snap and motioned for him to help double cover the inside WR on their right.

3)Sparano shouldve thrown the challenge flag on the other spot when it was a link short and if he still lost he shouldve gone for it IMO.

4)Goodman shouldve stretched his arms out instead of trying to craddle that missed interception.

Yes it would be nice to have a Larry Fitzgerald or an Anquan Boldin BUT when you score 28 points AND LOSE and with ONE receiver getting 150+ on ur ace one would think that Secondary help IS the immediate and glaring need but most act like we are SB bound if we get a big physical receiver..WAFJ

I expected a better team this year with discipline and direction and thats exactly what we have but we lack mediocre talent in the Secondary much less good talent but your core is the trenches and BP started there and gets an A+ and the other pieces are on the way so be patient guys.

The question you must ask yourself is do you want 8-9-10-11 wins a year a playoff berth every now and then OR a Dynasty filled with young talent AND depth and other fans telling you how bad we suck because were SO DAMN GOOD and a lock for the playoffs year in and year out and holding up 2-3 and 4 fingers after we win SB's?

I hate the waiting but Ive waited 36 years and I can wait 2 or 3 more for some "peats" as in REPEATS!
marc christophe

Lehigh Acres, FL

#36 Oct 15, 2008
I believe the two key plays that killed the Dolphins were the punt return for a TD and the final play, where nobody stayed home to stop the Houston QB from just runing into the end zone. Before the play happened my wife adroitly predicted that that was exactly how the Texans would score, and she is a Hungarian soccer fan who is watching the NFL for the first time in her life! The fact is that the Fins uncorked a clever single-wing attack that took everyone by surprise for 2 weeks, but the party is now over and it is time to get back to football.(Unless, of couse, we bring back the flying wedge.) We have a secondary that needs rebuilding and we have non-existent wide receivers. Maybe we ought to look at switching Hagan to defensive back, since he can't catch but he can knock passes down. As for Ginn, he is totally useless. Finally, to those who suggest that we trade for player "X", a trade would be great if we had something to offer, but we do not. This is a situation we will have to remedy the old fashioned way..draft our own.
Raiderette Mysteria

Houston, TX

#37 Oct 15, 2008
get over it, no more lame excuses. you lost to the 0-4 rednecks therefore...

dolphins still blow.
DallasFinFan

United States

#38 Oct 15, 2008
Y Bell did get his hands on the ball on that 4th down catch.... Johnson just made one heck of a one handed catch.... you gotta give him the credit for making an OUTSTANDING catch... but don't bag on Bell.... he is our best DB... the question you have to ask is WHY is BELL one on one with Johnson on 4th down??? Johson shoulda been double covered.... he is their best WR .... COACHING ERROR!!!

Coaches should have called TIME OUT when Crowder deserted the middle on last play!!! COACHING ERROR!!!

They are playing much better football... but our coach is still learning... I wish they could have shut them down but they didn't... it's an away game against a very HUNGRY team... that seems to have the FINS # so far... not that big of a deal... Fins just need to win all home games.... and steal a few away games from the weaker teams... they could still make the playoffs...
Mike 17-0

Stow, OH

#39 Oct 15, 2008
well said
LMMFAO wrote:
1)London was the one who pussed out on tackling the punt returner..at least Fields dove at the guy.
2)Crowder WAS spying in the middle but Bell yelled at him before the snap and motioned for him to help double cover the inside WR on their right.
3)Sparano shouldve thrown the challenge flag on the other spot when it was a link short and if he still lost he shouldve gone for it IMO.
4)Goodman shouldve stretched his arms out instead of trying to craddle that missed interception.
Yes it would be nice to have a Larry Fitzgerald or an Anquan Boldin BUT when you score 28 points AND LOSE and with ONE receiver getting 150+ on ur ace one would think that Secondary help IS the immediate and glaring need but most act like we are SB bound if we get a big physical receiver..WAFJ
I expected a better team this year with discipline and direction and thats exactly what we have but we lack mediocre talent in the Secondary much less good talent but your core is the trenches and BP started there and gets an A+ and the other pieces are on the way so be patient guys.
The question you must ask yourself is do you want 8-9-10-11 wins a year a playoff berth every now and then OR a Dynasty filled with young talent AND depth and other fans telling you how bad we suck because were SO DAMN GOOD and a lock for the playoffs year in and year out and holding up 2-3 and 4 fingers after we win SB's?
I hate the waiting but Ive waited 36 years and I can wait 2 or 3 more for some "peats" as in REPEATS!
Kerap

AOL

#40 Oct 15, 2008
Bunch of losers the Dolphins are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yeremiah Bell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Analyzing 5 Potential New York Jets Salary Cap ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Oddball 2
News Marc Ross, Scott Cohen Up Next In Jets GM Search (Jan '13) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News New York Jets - Somehow Very Relevant In December (Dec '12) Dec '12 TimTeblowJob 1
News Jets' Ryan Stands Firm, Won't Make Decision Jus... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 11
News New York Jets Tackle Hunger with Food Bank for ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 8
News 3-5 Jets believe their season is far from lost (Nov '12) Nov '12 Broncos vs Pats 7
News Rex: Jets aren't 'sniffing' playoffs (Nov '12) Nov '12 Rectal Stench 1
More from around the web