Coach Tony Sparano: pass defense did in Dolphins

Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said there were many reasons for his team's loss at Houston Sunday but that one part of the equation is simple enough. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 07

Cocoa Fl

#1 Oct 13, 2008
"In this league there's a lot of big recievers......".

I think I know where we can get one.
marinofan13

Millville, PA

#2 Oct 13, 2008
"pass defense did in Dolphins"

You don't say?! Fix it.

GO PHINS!
Mike 17-0

Stow, OH

#3 Oct 13, 2008
Still paying for the sins of the past. It will get better but that doesn't change the fact that the play on that last drive snatched defeat from the hands of victory.

This quote from W. Allen troubles me: "Any time the ball hits your hands, you should come up with it at this level." It sounds like Chambers and Thomas. Get rid of the woulda, coulda, shoulda crap that plagued this team for the last 7 or 8 years AND while your at it get the broom out for Allen if he truly believes that "woulda, coulda, shoulda" even remotely gets the job done!
Al in NJ

Furlong, PA

#5 Oct 13, 2008
As if the secondary were the only ones to blame: If having no linebackers between the ends isn't categorized as a 'mental' breakdown, I don't know what is.
dolfan

Lakeland, FL

#6 Oct 13, 2008
So true, the fins DBs are a bunch of pu@#ies, grow some damn balls and GET physical. J Allen sucks, make some plays or give your paycheck back, what a 1st round wasted pick. I guess Y bell was listening to all that crap about him last week, HOW the heck can you let A johnson catch that ball on 4th and 10, GET PHYSICAL, I rather have you get a penality for roughing his ass up, at least he will respect you, You should have done everything possible to make that play. 2009 draft 1. CORNERBACKS 2. Wide reciever 3. A stud DT 4,5,6,7 CORNERBACKS and SAFETYS!!!!!
felardo

Athol Springs, NY

#7 Oct 13, 2008
how could they call that little dink pass on the last play of the game??????????

“WHY NOT US!!!”

Since: Feb 08

north miami beach

#8 Oct 13, 2008
Mike 17-0 wrote:
Still paying for the sins of the past. It will get better but that doesn't change the fact that the play on that last drive snatched defeat from the hands of victory.
This quote from W. Allen troubles me: "Any time the ball hits your hands, you should come up with it at this level." It sounds like Chambers and Thomas. Get rid of the woulda, coulda, shoulda crap that plagued this team for the last 7 or 8 years AND while your at it get the broom out for Allen if he truly believes that "woulda, coulda, shoulda" even remotely gets the job done!
Thats right Mike... Im not gonna bich and moan about this one, cause its still obvious that we have a ways to go. As far as the coulda shoulda woulda crap goes, BP aint gonna take this kind of play, and expect just about all of them to be gone next year. Who do we get to replace them, I dont know. we cant just draft a whole secondary crew,throw them out there and expect good things to happen. I hope there will be a few we can pick in F/A or a trade if its worth it...GO PHINS!!!

“WHY NOT US!!!”

north miami beach

#9 Oct 13, 2008
Oh I forgot, you cant write the letter EPH on here anymore. I should have wrote, pick up in free agency... But Im sure you guys knew what Im talking about...GO PHINS!!!

Since: Aug 08

Miami Beach

#10 Oct 13, 2008
What this game shows is what having a big physical WR means. We need to make the trade with Detriot and get Roy Williams. WR is going to be thin in next year's draft and Roy Williams is better than almost anyone coming out and is only 26 yrs old. We can offer a draft pick and throw in Jason Allen and his contract. Allen would start for Detriot and we will have cap room to sign Williams. I hope the Trifecta are thinking about it.

Since: Jan 07

Cocoa Fl

#11 Oct 13, 2008
Rick on the Beach wrote:
What this game shows is what having a big physical WR means. We need to make the trade with Detriot and get Roy Williams. WR is going to be thin in next year's draft and Roy Williams is better than almost anyone coming out and is only 26 yrs old. We can offer a draft pick and throw in Jason Allen and his contract. Allen would start for Detriot and we will have cap room to sign Williams. I hope the Trifecta are thinking about it.
Agree with one correction, Roy Williams IS better than anyone coming out. Why? Simple, Williams is a proven commodity. No matter how good your scouts/personnel/GM is, it's a crap shoot.
Pr1c3

Conroe, TX

#12 Oct 13, 2008
Ginn maybe open, but is he going to battle for the ball? Is he going to get YAC or go down at first contact? Is he going to come back to Pennington when he's in trouble or stay down field? Are they running plays to get Ginn one on one where the ball can be released quickly so that he can use his speed to elude? Those are the questions that you ask when you think about a reciever to help Chad.

Henne I don't think will make decisions like Pennington yet. I think Henne will be very good but I think we would have lost another game having Henne back there based on decision making alone.

Yes the problem is a reciever, Pennington still makes a good 30 yard completion and we have all seen many talented recievers (Steve Smith, TO, Galloway) make 30 yard receptions and just burn guys down the field or create space. Ted Ginn is not as quick as we think, he's a top end speed guy. He didn't do much dancing at OSU as a return man, he made one slight shift left or right and went straight up field for the most part.

“WHY NOT US!!!”

north miami beach

#13 Oct 13, 2008
cocoa joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree with one correction, Roy Williams IS better than anyone coming out. Why? Simple, Williams is a proven commodity. No matter how good your scouts/personnel/GM is, it's a crap shoot.
I will add to this trade he is proposing. How about we throw in Hagan, and Wilford... Dammm we really dont have much trade bait do we? The only way we get him is giving up our 1st round... What do we do? GO PHINS!!!
perspective

Clermont, FL

#14 Oct 13, 2008
When a team has an effective pass rush, it tends to make the secondary look good. When They beat the Patriots and Chargers, this front seven was flying. They have the ability. Consistency is key. Roth had 2 tackles Sunday. He was a monster against the chargers. On that last play, quarterback sneak, the key was the push they got on the fins defensive line. While I agree the secondary played badly, it is more obvious when there is no energy from the front 7. They'll get better though. It is a work in progress. I like what I've seen so far.
DSG

Pompano Beach, FL

#15 Oct 13, 2008
Fins are just a terrible franchise.
JET FAN

United States

#16 Oct 13, 2008
The problem with you Losers is "wimpy" corners. They get manhandled by big recievers and this is gonna be a continual problem for you losers until you find at least one corner that can take on the other teams best reciever.
Pennington's been playing great for yoos Awfulins if only he had a Big reciever like Laverneus Coles. That Ginn isn't going to get it done for yoos. He's not strong enough to break tackles or fight for a contested ball.he aint quick enough intially to get seperation early which Pennington needs. Ginn is also an interception waiting to happen. Hagan sucks and Wilford Blows. What's left? two tight ends and Camarillo or fried squid.
Ain't much for Pennington to work with.
Jimbo

Hubert, NC

#17 Oct 13, 2008
Put the DB's on the juggs machine and aim it high. Then put a big receiver on them to heckle them while they're at it.

Oh wait, we don't have a big receiver.
FredfromPA

Media, PA

#18 Oct 13, 2008
Hey Jetfan you must really like the dolphins after all, every time i read the comments you have a say. So If you are truley a Jets fan like you claim to be why do you keep coming back here and posting cooments. Or do you need to get a life!!!! You must be a sorry son of a B_ t__!!! Now get lost and don't ever come back cause you are starting to piss me off with those negative comments!!!
Jimbo

Hubert, NC

#19 Oct 13, 2008
cocoa joe wrote:
"In this league there's a lot of big recievers......".
I think I know where we can get one.
Pretty bad when we're all starting to think alike. Ireland better not turn into a w.u.s.s. and not give up a draft pick for someone we obviously need.
A-Team Member

AOL

#20 Oct 13, 2008
I for one am very happy with the Dolphins progress so far. The team has a few holes to fill, but as a whole, they are far better than last year and we can finally see light at the end of the tunnel. We're on the right track...let's keep progressing.

GO PHINS!!!
sam

Hollywood, FL

#21 Oct 13, 2008
marinofan13 wrote:
"pass defense did in Dolphins"
You don't say?! Fix it.
GO PHINS!
Tony...your right and so is
marinofan13.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Yeremiah Bell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Analyzing 5 Potential New York Jets Salary Cap ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Oddball 2
Marc Ross, Scott Cohen Up Next In Jets GM Search (Jan '13) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
New York Jets - Somehow Very Relevant In December (Dec '12) Dec '12 TimTeblowJob 1
Jets' Ryan Stands Firm, Won't Make Decision Jus... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 11
New York Jets Tackle Hunger with Food Bank for ... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 8
3-5 Jets believe their season is far from lost (Nov '12) Nov '12 Broncos vs Pats 7
Rex: Jets aren't 'sniffing' playoffs (Nov '12) Nov '12 Rectal Stench 1

Yeremiah Bell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE