Eagles have Complete Picture at QB

Jan 17, 2007 Read more: Philadelphia Eagles 12
I'm taking some leaps of faith here. As we prepare for Donovan McNabb's press conference on Friday -- Noon, tune in, we'll carry it live here -- the quarterback picture again comes into focus. Read more
jkm

Warminster, PA

#1 Jan 17, 2007
McNabb has proven to be ineffectual year after year (He reminds me of Eric Lindros.....full of promise, but typically came up short in big games & VERY injury prone). Garcia has done his job, game after game, for the Eagles this past season. If McNabb does indeed start and DOESN'T get hurt, I will not be taking a leap of faith in saying that the next season will be far more disppointing than this past one. Let's hope he is not healthy enough & say what everyone else is thinking.....Garcia is Philly's no.1 QB, not McNabb.
T-Bone - Philly

United States

#2 Jan 18, 2007
jkm wrote:
McNabb has proven to be ineffectual year after year (He reminds me of Eric Lindros.....full of promise, but typically came up short in big games & VERY injury prone). Garcia has done his job, game after game, for the Eagles this past season. If McNabb does indeed start and DOESN'T get hurt, I will not be taking a leap of faith in saying that the next season will be far more disppointing than this past one. Let's hope he is not healthy enough & say what everyone else is thinking.....Garcia is Philly's no.1 QB, not McNabb.
Well jkm, I hear what you are saying and I totally disagree but that's what Eagle fans do is disagree about the different aspects of the team and that's why 610 WIP is so popular. I am a McNabb fan and have been one since he started here. Year after year, he does nothing but win - the team has improved each year except for 2005 because there were multiple injuries. We have made it to 4 NFC Championship games, won the division 5 out of the last 6 years and appeared in 1 Super Bowl. I know we didn't win it all yet but can you say that it was because of him?? The entire time McNabb has been here, he has only had 1 bonified game-changing WR and that was Owens. We all know what an ass he turned out to be but facts are facts - we finished 13-3 that year and that was even after throwing the final 2 games to St. Louis and Cincinnati - we could have actually been 15-1. We went on to the Super Bowl only to lose to the Patriots 24-21 in a game when we needed our defense to make a stand in the 4th quarter and they couldn't seem to pull it off - I know McNabb turned the ball over in the first half and that also had something to do with the loss. I think as a whole, the team needs to alter its offensive gameplan so that we run the ball more even with McNabb in there because we all know that he will be the QB if he comes back healthy. Jeff did a great job running the offense but only because Reid toned down the offense to fit what Jeff could do. There were throws in both the Giant and Saint games that fluttered and had Donovan threw those passes, we might still be playing. I think McNabb gets a bad rap here and deserves better and hopefully one of these years, the Eagles will win it all with him at QB so he gets his do.
jmj

Mount Laurel, NJ

#3 Jan 19, 2007
t-bone are you kidding, he needs to stop playing like a fool (dm) and get his act together...they dont play like a team with dm..and they sure dont look like it. garcia is a perfect fit.
T-Bone - Philly

United States

#4 Jan 19, 2007
jmj wrote:
t-bone are you kidding, he needs to stop playing like a fool (dm) and get his act together...they dont play like a team with dm..and they sure dont look like it. garcia is a perfect fit.
I can't argue the fact that they developed a rythum in the last 6 or 7 games with Jeff in there. I will not take anything away from what he did - he managed the team well based on the adjustments that Reid and Morningweg had to make to fit Jeff's game - you can see that they ran the ball more and their time of possession increased considerably which in turn, somehow improved the defense a little. That doesn't mean though that Donovan is the wrong fit for that job - he is much more talented than Garcia and Andy just needs to try and run the offense the same way with McNabb as he did with Garcia. I think Andy knows that McNabb is capable of much more than Garcia is with his abilities so therefore, he calls more passing plays and our offense becomes a "quick hit" offense - with Garcia, we gradually move the ball down the field and don't get ourselves into a track meet with teams. Donovan has been incredible for this franchise and if given the right tools and the right play calling, could win that Super Bowl for us in my opinion.
jmj

Mount Laurel, NJ

#5 Jan 19, 2007
t -bone i agree with you partially, but we need to start looking and playing like a team, just havent seen that since garcia. Hopefully, by him sitting back and watching us with garcia it will put some more attitude and togetherness in his step.
T-Bone - Philly

United States

#6 Jan 19, 2007
jmj wrote:
t -bone i agree with you partially, but we need to start looking and playing like a team, just havent seen that since garcia. Hopefully, by him sitting back and watching us with garcia it will put some more attitude and togetherness in his step.
I agree with you totally - like I said, I like what Jeff did with this team and I think Reid actually stumbled over a running game that he didn't think he had - he just needs to take that gameplan and incorporate it with McNabb and see what happens - but they do need to resign Stallworth otherwise, we will be back to those days with Torrence Small and no WR's - we need people for him to throw the ball to!!
jen

Mount Laurel, NJ

#7 Jan 24, 2007
T-Bone - Philly wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you totally - like I said, I like what Jeff did with this team and I think Reid actually stumbled over a running game that he didn't think he had - he just needs to take that gameplan and incorporate it with McNabb and see what happens - but they do need to resign Stallworth otherwise, we will be back to those days with Torrence Small and no WR's - we need people for him to throw the ball to!!
I DONT THINK STALL IS COMING BACK
ExTunaHelper

Arlington, VA

#8 Jan 24, 2007
EAGLES SUCK...NO MATTER WHO'S THE QB!!!!!!!!!!
jen

Mount Laurel, NJ

#9 Jan 24, 2007
ExTunaHelper wrote:
EAGLES SUCK...NO MATTER WHO'S THE QB!!!!!!!!!!
and who is your team? i dont wanna hear colts or bears, bandwagon!?
jen

Mount Laurel, NJ

#10 Jan 24, 2007
who is 29 and who is 37? for some reason, it seems dnabb is 37 and garcia is 29, thats my opinion, getting hurt 3 out of 5 seasons is not something to be proud of..you really need to think about who is consistent, who has the fire and attitude, and who is the most healthy here,(not going down so much), love and respect to dnabb but he sure isnt seeming like a 29 year old to me.
ABSmusicdotnet

United States

#11 Jan 24, 2007
moved from philly to san fran 10 yrs ago. i'm all about the eags and watched a bunch of 9ers during garcia's reign. i thought he was gonna be garbage in philly and was booing the tv just like you when he stepped in. truth be told, he ran this team this year. when the sixers traded iverson i was so upset but saw it was for the best of the team. if garcia has hard working determined true philly people around him we can go deep in the playoffs next year. mcnabb has been spoon fed his chunky soup and puked it up in the superbowl like he did on my fields in college. i mean i have a mcnabb jersey and he was my favorite player up till this year. he gets whatever he wants from reid and that has to stop. if not garcia, feeley can run our offense. we didn't dumb down our offense for garcia, we ran plays that he and the REST OF THE TEAM can pull off. back to the iverson thing.. philly always wants that one big ticket player (iverson, mcnabb, lindros etc.) when brindamour went to carolina they had a great TEAM that he led. when i say team i mean a group not a gang of individuals. that's why they won. when mcnabb is out there we loose our team dynamic. it becomes all about him. westbrook showed us and the rest of the league a noname no respect typa guy can get things poppin. eagles in 08, garcia resigned at the helm, mcnabb traded for a receiver and a defensive end.
Ben

Brick, NJ

#12 Jan 31, 2007
DMac is the best, no one is complaining when he is whizzing those TD passes in. His TD/Interception ratio is great. He can throw the ball more accurate, further and buy him self more time in the pocket then Garcia. Anyone else think the defense seems to let up a lot of points.

What about Kearse going down again? I dont hear everyone complaining about him. He performs when he is in there and I feel strongly that they will both be back next year playing 100% and the Eagles win the division again. With out Garcia....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Winston Justice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Winston Justice re-signed by Broncos to one-yea... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Mensans 2
News Philadelphia Eagles: Will They, Should They Bri... (Feb '12) Feb '12 genevalovesvick 4
News 5 Philadelphia Eagles Who Have the Most to Lose... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Shadoz 17
News In '4th and Forever,' goal line is a better life (Jun '11) Jun '11 twitchy 2
News Winston Justice: A Sunday made for second chances (Oct '10) Oct '10 Shadoz 1
News Reviewing Reid's Review of His Team's Performance (Aug '10) Sep '10 Harri Karri 2
News Andrews, Peters miss Eagles camp with injuries (Aug '09) Aug '09 Poz51 1
More from around the web