Bring on the Ravens

Bring on the Ravens

There are 40 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Dec 28, 2008, titled Bring on the Ravens. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Ted Ginn Jr. had just played his best game, better than his 175-yard performance against the Bills , because his two catches against a healthy secondary had helped his quarterback like never before and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chris

Lakeland, FL

#1 Dec 28, 2008
Jalen Parmele played for the Ravens today. Henning will have to boil something up in his brew to offset what Parmele knows.
pmeadows

Saint Petersburg, FL

#2 Dec 28, 2008
We have to stop the run against the Ravens not give them picks for tds and get to there QB.
DREW

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Dec 28, 2008
That Ravens team scares the b'jeebus out of me. They're good enough to beat anybody any day, but they also have a rookie QB and they rely too much on the run. The fins need to play against the run the entire game and dare the kid try to beat you in the air. Then the 'fins have to protect the ball when they get it and hope for the best.

Oh... and special team will need to find a way to score or come up with a handful of great plays to help offset the difference in our offense vs their defense.
ANOTHERMIZERABLE SEASON

Canada

#4 Dec 28, 2008
The RAVENS worry me tho,for some reason i feel we are helpless against them :( would be more than great to kick their gluteus maximus this time around though!
Jeff

State College, PA

#5 Dec 28, 2008
Flacco is no longer a rookie. He threw for 297 yards into the wind today & almost 3000 yards for the year w/ 14 TD's & 60% Comp %. Stop the run & he will pick you apart in the air. he is now hitting 2nd, 3rd & even 4th reads.+ Ed Reed is lurking & patrolling on the defensive side.
hertzer

Hazleton, PA

#6 Dec 28, 2008
we will be more prepared this game. we just have to tackle. this coaching staff will have a better game plan, we just need to execute. if we tackle like we did in the first game, we're done!
hertzer

Hazleton, PA

#7 Dec 28, 2008
i'd be more worried if we had to play the colts. it's plain as day that we can't cover really good recievers, and reggie wayne is awesome. we can beat the ravens. we just can't let ray lewis get this team too excited. oh, and tackle!
fishfan72

Athens, GA

#8 Dec 29, 2008
Ethan, let me ask you. As a Dolphins fan, when my nerves and the Jets were finally subdued Sunday evening, I thought sweet, New York and New England were eliminated by the Miami victory. No love lost with rivals who have meant woe to the Dolphins time and again over the seasons, specially the Jets. But then I thought no so sweet. Pats win 11 games and are out of playoffs? A travesty considering the AFC West. Can't the NFL have a floating rule (not used every year, depending on records) that once the division winners and the wildcards are figured out using all the tiebreakers and crap, that any 11-win team left on the outside is factored in to the playoffs? I know it doesn't happen often, and maybe that's the league excuse, but when it does, it bites. I'm not a Pats fan and no one can say the Dolphins didn't earn their spot, but any team that wins 11 games in the NFL is a playoff team.
Stephen

Winter Haven, FL

#9 Dec 29, 2008
Congrats to the Fins...Going into the Playoffs,the fins relatively should have no pressure on them. We are not a win now team..That and the fact that teams like this are often not taken seriously and a decent defense..who knows
Recidivist

Miami, FL

#10 Dec 29, 2008
Everything fel apart after Fergy went out to injury early in the first period and Soliai was suspended as they proceeded to run all over us. Now they're running 3 O. tackles with Lorenzo Neal lead blocking and that beast McLain running, ooof! We are going to run man coverage alot, just like we did with the Wets, in order to free up run support. I hope Goody and company get a few picks on this rookie who hasn't been pressured all year because of his team's running game. Here's to a Flacco decapitation and a pick six of our own! I'll be there to personally give all my metaphysical love and constantly loud support as a twelvth man.
john

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#11 Dec 29, 2008
The thing I remember most about that game was Cam greeting all the former players and how huge their OL and DL were compared to ours.. I remember pre-game Flacco throwing darts on a rope 40-50 yards away. He's going to be a special player in this league for many years. I just hope this Sunday he has a bad day and we learn from the 1st game how to beat them.

Since: Sep 08

Baltimore

#12 Dec 29, 2008
Recidivist wrote:
Everything fel apart after Fergy went out to injury early in the first period and Soliai was suspended as they proceeded to run all over us. Now they're running 3 O. tackles with Lorenzo Neal lead blocking and that beast McLain running, ooof! We are going to run man coverage alot, just like we did with the Wets, in order to free up run support. I hope Goody and company get a few picks on this rookie who hasn't been pressured all year because of his team's running game. Here's to a Flacco decapitation and a pick six of our own! I'll be there to personally give all my metaphysical love and constantly loud support as a twelvth man.
Dude, the Ravens played Pittsburgh(x2), Tennesse, Philly and Dallas...Flacco has been pressured.

“Everything changes.”

Since: Nov 07

Hollywood, FL

#13 Dec 29, 2008
fishfan72 wrote:
Ethan, let me ask you. As a Dolphins fan, when my nerves and the Jets were finally subdued Sunday evening, I thought sweet, New York and New England were eliminated by the Miami victory. No love lost with rivals who have meant woe to the Dolphins time and again over the seasons, specially the Jets. But then I thought no so sweet. Pats win 11 games and are out of playoffs? A travesty considering the AFC West. Can't the NFL have a floating rule (not used every year, depending on records) that once the division winners and the wildcards are figured out using all the tiebreakers and crap, that any 11-win team left on the outside is factored in to the playoffs? I know it doesn't happen often, and maybe that's the league excuse, but when it does, it bites. I'm not a Pats fan and no one can say the Dolphins didn't earn their spot, but any team that wins 11 games in the NFL is a playoff team.
I see your opint, but I disagree. Leave the playoffs the way they are, it makes it exciting. Yes, NE, as much as it pains me to say, probably deserves to be in the playoffs, but there have been years when the Fins and or patsies have made the playoffs with a 9-7 record!

I also think it adds to the significance of winning your division games, and makes the rivalries that much more important!

Like you said, it doesn't happen often; to change the rules for something that doesn't happen often doesn't make sense! JMHO!
overly optimistic

Miami, FL

#14 Dec 29, 2008
yeah baby, its us against the world, nobody believes in us, just like the 06 Heat. Thats the way I like it, no pressure. my team has already surpassed expectations. Also to end the Patriots and Jets season in 1 game is more than I dreamed of.
overly optimistic

Miami, FL

#15 Dec 29, 2008
fishfan72 wrote:
He's right on that, win 11 games and your still out of the play offs isn't fair. Its tough though, and they will have to deal with it. I remember the 10-6 Fins missin the playoffs a few years back, and that was heartbreaking
Crockett and Tubbs

Houston, TX

#16 Dec 29, 2008
agree, nobody believes this team will a super bowl. after they fold in the playoffs they will be no better than the 0-16 Lions.

dolphins a joke
Banana Republic

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#17 Dec 29, 2008
Crockett and Tubbs wrote:
agree, nobody believes this team will a super bowl. after they fold in the playoffs they will be no better than the 0-16 Lions.
dolphins a joke
The only joke here is when stupid jest fans disguise themselves and expect nobody to notice. HA HA

Enjoy the playoffs..........from your couch loser.

Typical loser mentality.

BTW learn how to structure a sentence moron......"nobody believes this team will a super bowl"
Crockett and Tubbs

Houston, TX

#18 Dec 29, 2008
Banana Republic wrote:
<quoted text>
"nobody believes this team will a super bowl"
agree, thanks for the input.

dolphins weak

Since: Sep 08

Baltimore

#19 Dec 29, 2008
Banana Republic wrote:
<quoted text>
The only joke here is when stupid jest fans disguise themselves and expect nobody to notice. HA HA
Enjoy the playoffs..........from your couch loser.
Typical loser mentality.
BTW learn how to structure a sentence moron......"nobody believes this team will a super bowl"
I don't think he's a fan of any team...just a fan of trolling.
Crockett and Tubbs

Houston, TX

#20 Dec 29, 2008
true, the dolphins will be trolling around watching the super bowl on tv...again.

dolphins lame

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willis McGahee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cleveland Browns' Joe Haden brings up a familia... (Dec '13) Jan '14 MedMan 2
News Packers handle visiting Browns (Oct '13) Oct '13 GBPfan 4
News Should Cleveland Browns Give Maurice Clarett a ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Weed In 3
News Oakland Bound? Willis McGahee Releases Free Age... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Corran Horn 6
News Should Denver Broncos Pull Trigger on Marcus La... (Mar '13) Apr '13 Austin Krone 3
News What Does Steven Jackson Voiding His Contract M... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Luke bronco beast 1
News Five hottest wives, girlfriends and exes of (an... (Feb '13) Feb '13 dumbass 3
More from around the web