Ravens bury Pennington, 27-9

Ravens bury Pennington, 27-9

There are 31 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 5, 2009, titled Ravens bury Pennington, 27-9. In it, Newsday reports that:

Chad Pennington waited in front of his end zone, the last line of defense for the Miami Dolphins .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WillieJoe

Bostic, NC

#1 Jan 5, 2009
Well Miami fans, welcome to what the Jets have seen for 9 years. Chad playing well for a while and then having a game like yesterday. I was not surprised because he is not the type of QB that can "create". He is too slow to run and too weak of arm to do anything that deviates from the game plan. He has "heart" and is very competitive but thats where it ends..........kinda like Miami's run in the playoffs.

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

Since: Aug 07

.......I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

#2 Jan 5, 2009
WillieJoe wrote:
Well Miami fans, welcome to what the Jets have seen for 9 years. Chad playing well for a while and then having a game like yesterday. I was not surprised because he is not the type of QB that can "create". He is too slow to run and too weak of arm to do anything that deviates from the game plan. He has "heart" and is very competitive but thats where it ends..........kinda like Miami's run in the playoffs.
exactly, same old Chad......

“It might have been !!!”

F&P City

#3 Jan 5, 2009
ETR wrote:
<quoted text>
exactly, same old Chad......
True, but in his defense, the ravens have got one hell of a defense. I don't think Joe Montana would have done much better.
ravensfan

United States

#4 Jan 5, 2009
I think Chad had a pretty good season despite the Jets doing him dirty. His confidence had to be pretty well shot when he went to Miami but he managed to get the team to the playoffs (much better than where they were last year) despite this.

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Toronto

#5 Jan 5, 2009
could you imagine if it was the Jets who played the Ravens yesterday? Ed Reed would have had 10 picks. Leon would have had 2 or three carries and Flacco would have looked like Unitas

“I'm down with F&P, ”

Toronto

#6 Jan 5, 2009
i'll take ted ginn and ron brown on my team any day. those two played great.

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

#7 Jan 5, 2009
Tap San in LIC wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but in his defense, the ravens have got one hell of a defense. I don't think Joe Montana would have done much better.
Maybe, maybe not....just saying the guy did not deserve 2nd place in MVP voting or the accolades, he's a stiff in green and white or orange and teal...

“It might have been !!!”

F&P City

#8 Jan 5, 2009
roger43 wrote:
could you imagine if it was the Jets who played the Ravens yesterday? Ed Reed would have had 10 picks. Leon would have had 2 or three carries and Flacco would have looked like Unitas
And those 10 picks would have been the only Favre completions.

“It might have been !!!”

F&P City

#9 Jan 5, 2009
ETR wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe, maybe not....just saying the guy did not deserve 2nd place in MVP voting or the accolades, he's a stiff in green and white or orange and teal...
I'm sensing you're not a Chad fan, but that's just me.....

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

#10 Jan 5, 2009
Tap San in LIC wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sensing you're not a Chad fan, but that's just me.....
Whatever gave you that idea????

“It might have been !!!”

F&P City

#11 Jan 5, 2009
ETR wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever gave you that idea????
I'm perceptive that way.....
hated

Garden City, NY

#12 Jan 5, 2009
I know the Ravens defense is insane but when you have Chad throwing 30 yards downfield you are in major trouble. Pennington throws great 6 yard passes. Without the running game and the short passes Miami had no chance.
Cheese Cake Head

New York, NY

#13 Jan 5, 2009
ravensfan wrote:
I think Chad had a pretty good season despite the Jets doing him dirty. His confidence had to be pretty well shot when he went to Miami but he managed to get the team to the playoffs (much better than where they were last year) despite this.
The proof that the Jets failure was in their coaching is evident.

Pennington got picked off tons under Mangini...as did Favre!

The Ravens have a heck of a D and I'm not too sure that it was "the same old Chad."

In any case, I was kind of rooting for Dolphins. They had a great season.

Dr A Degall

Albany, NY

#14 Jan 5, 2009
Tap San in LIC wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe Montana ? Let's not get carried away here Tap. Even in the Jet game Chad was just about the same old chad. Threw a few floaters that should have been returned for 6....either dropped or taken back by penalty. Even the TD's were ducks.

“It might have been !!!”

F&P City

#15 Jan 5, 2009
Dr A Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe Montana ? Let's not get carried away here Tap. Even in the Jet game Chad was just about the same old chad. Threw a few floaters that should have been returned for 6....either dropped or taken back by penalty. Even the TD's were ducks.
I'll get carried away if I like thank you very much. Last sentence says it all....."even the TDs were ducks".....at least there were TDs, more than you can say for Favre. Miami's loss yesterday was so predictable. Typical Parcells formula, Miami will be a better team next year with a worse record due to a tougher schedule.

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

#16 Jan 5, 2009
Tap San in LIC wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll get carried away if I like thank you very much. Last sentence says it all....."even the TDs were ducks".....at least there were TDs, more than you can say for Favre. Miami's loss yesterday was so predictable. Typical Parcells formula, Miami will be a better team next year with a worse record due to a tougher schedule.
They'll be better next year? They're getting a new QB??

Dr A Degall

Albany, NY

#17 Jan 5, 2009
Tap San in LIC wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Favre DID throw a TD pass Tap. A little ornery in the new year aren't you ? That one of your resolutions ?

“It might have been !!!”

F&P City

#18 Jan 5, 2009
ETR wrote:
<quoted text>
They'll be better next year? They're getting a new QB??
The typical parcells young team will have a year of experience under their belts, QB notwithstanding.

“It might have been !!!”

F&P City

#19 Jan 5, 2009
Dr A Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Favre DID throw a TD pass Tap. A little ornery in the new year aren't you ? That one of your resolutions ?
Not ornery at all, beware the cybertone. Just tired of people throwing Chad under the bus as if he was the root of all Jet's problems. You can win with an average QB.

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

#20 Jan 5, 2009
Tap San in LIC wrote:
<quoted text>
Not ornery at all, beware the cybertone. Just tired of people throwing Chad under the bus as if he was the root of all Jet's problems. You can win with an average QB.
Chad tried to throw himself under the bus but he floated that too and went through the window.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willis McGahee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cleveland Browns' Joe Haden brings up a familia... (Dec '13) Jan '14 MedMan 2
News Packers handle visiting Browns (Oct '13) Oct '13 GBPfan 4
News Should Cleveland Browns Give Maurice Clarett a ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Weed In 3
News Oakland Bound? Willis McGahee Releases Free Age... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Corran Horn 6
News Should Denver Broncos Pull Trigger on Marcus La... (Mar '13) Apr '13 Austin Krone 3
News What Does Steven Jackson Voiding His Contract M... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Luke bronco beast 1
News Five hottest wives, girlfriends and exes of (an... (Feb '13) Feb '13 dumbass 3
More from around the web