Quarterbacks: Fall behind against the Ravens at your own peril

There are 7 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Dec 8, 2008, titled Quarterbacks: Fall behind against the Ravens at your own peril. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Once the Ravens got their 14-0 lead in the first quarter against the Washington Redskins , you knew it was over, didn't you? Peyton Manning , Tom Brady and Ben Roethlisberger can lead comebacks against the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
larry g

Ellicott City, MD

#147 Dec 15, 2008
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Rob you're better than that. The tip of the ball broke the plane of the end zone, the receiver caught the ball with both feet down as the tip broke the plane. He maintained possession and fell/got tackled backwards. Result TD. The TV view was not a straight down the goal line view. Even at the bad angle you could see the ball breaking the plane. Seemed pretty clear cut to me. Close, but clear cut.
Both sides can complain about officials every game. Harrison was held all game long. Not one holding call even when it was a clear cut hook the neck and tackle him type hold.
the refs took two calls , the phantom first down and the phantom touchdown but the refs have been screwing us since Taglibue told us to build a museum with our money

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

Butler, PA

#148 Dec 15, 2008
larry g wrote:
<quoted text>
the refs took two calls , the phantom first down and the phantom touchdown but the refs have been screwing us since Taglibue told us to build a museum with our money
I think it's a conspiracy that is being orchestrated by the little green man on the grassy knoll. the dang sky is falling chicken little...run fer yer damnlife!!! LOL!!!
rob

Hyattsville, MD

#149 Dec 15, 2008
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Rob you're better than that. The tip of the ball broke the plane of the end zone, the receiver caught the ball with both feet down as the tip broke the plane. He maintained possession and fell/got tackled backwards. Result TD. The TV view was not a straight down the goal line view. Even at the bad angle you could see the ball breaking the plane. Seemed pretty clear cut to me. Close, but clear cut.
Both sides can complain about officials every game. Harrison was held all game long. Not one holding call even when it was a clear cut hook the neck and tackle him type hold.
Bob:

What you don't see on game day, but the next day, are all of the sideline phots taken by all of the local media. When you look at those pics, taken on the goal line from the side, the ball never passed the goal line. Look, here is my point, there was a destiny to yesterday's game and it didn't happen. The destiny might have been a Steeler win or it might have been a Raven win, but it didn't happen. If he catches the ball in the end zone, I can live with the Raven loss. If Tomlin goes for a TD on 4th and goal and wins the game, I can live with that ending. If the Steelers tie it up and kick a game winner like game 1, I can live with that ending. I can't live with an official deciding the result of a game for the third Raven's game this year. It gets old! As a lover of the game, this great game had a great destiny or ending and that official ruined it. See you in Januray. Have a great night!

p.s...my weekend was still great as my B-ball team (I coach) scored a winning basket with 1.8 seconds left after inbounding with 5 seconds to go. The kids made my weekend!
Yard Birds

AOL

#150 Dec 15, 2008
Joe Mess East BMore wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty impressive that a moron such as yourself can spell "douche bag" correctly. You are the ultimate troll.
Wow, impressive. Ultimate troll and all. Ran your mouth all pre game and this is all you have left I take it. Sad, like the Ravens.
rob

Hyattsville, MD

#151 Dec 21, 2008
larry g wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty funny that everything the NFL tries to do something to make Baltimore look bad, it blows up in their face. Yea the Raven's were a real patsy for that Dallas homecoming game. AUTOMATIC win for Dallas, NOT!
Yep

AOL

#152 Dec 21, 2008
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's a conspiracy that is being orchestrated by the little green man on the grassy knoll. the dang sky is falling chicken little...run fer yer damnlife!!! LOL!!!
The Black and YELLOW didn't look so hot this Sunday !!!!
The ref couldn't help them this week with the NO Call in the End Zone. Titans scored anyway.
rob

Hyattsville, MD

#154 Dec 22, 2008
GHT wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, amazing they didn't schedule the Redskins for that last game and pull in a few of their oldtimers, since they are their best rival. A farewell Ravens game made no sense but it worked out extremely well. I am sure Tony Romo still scored after the game with his little squeeze.
When the pre-schedule came out last year, ol' Jones looked at the AFC North and said...hmmmmmmm...who will be the worse team in 08 and said...hmmmmm Raven's...new coach, crappy qb (Boller) and no offense..looks good NFL, book it.

Typical schedule the worse team for your homecoming. Look, that was only the third time the raven's have EVER played Dallas and never at Dallas. At least schedule someone in your division or conference,lol. What an idio-t. Did you see him in his owners box after the game? HA HA!

The Raven's local network (MASN) interviews all of the players after the game (you don't see this stuff on the networks) and every Raven was still fired up that Jones scheduled the Raven's as a pasty game. Ray Lewis was going nuts after the game, it was hysterical!

I don't know about Romo, ol' Jessica wants a winner and Romo is one December loser,lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willis McGahee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cleveland Browns' Joe Haden brings up a familia... (Dec '13) Jan '14 MedMan 2
News Packers handle visiting Browns (Oct '13) Oct '13 GBPfan 4
News Should Cleveland Browns Give Maurice Clarett a ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Weed In 3
News Oakland Bound? Willis McGahee Releases Free Age... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Corran Horn 6
News Should Denver Broncos Pull Trigger on Marcus La... (Mar '13) Apr '13 Austin Krone 3
News What Does Steven Jackson Voiding His Contract M... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Luke bronco beast 1
News Five hottest wives, girlfriends and exes of (an... (Feb '13) Feb '13 dumbass 3
More from around the web