'Complete recovery' expected for McGahee

Ravens running back Willis McGahee, who was injured late in yesterday's AFC championship game, was released from a Pittsburgh hospital this morning and has returned to Baltimore. Full Story
just say no

Pompano Beach, FL

#1 Jan 19, 2009
who sez there is no good news...
eastcoaster

Titusville, FL

#2 Jan 19, 2009
I think we may well see a fine coming for the hit he received.
Joe

Riverview, FL

#3 Jan 19, 2009
Eastcoaster...

The hit was clean. The Pitt player was leaning right shoulder first, and his head was way below McGahee's shoulders, but McGahee bent down and that is when the helmets hit. It was a fluke accident and glad to see he's alright.. I liked him when he was a UM player.
Kazabud1

Abbeville, AL

#4 Jan 19, 2009
The big overpayed sissy cant take a hit. They must have been making men out of eggshells when they made this loser. Hes not sure if they will ask him to come back? Yes they will. As the ambulance driver,maybe.
Que

Marcus Hook, PA

#5 Jan 19, 2009
Kazabud1 wrote:
The big overpayed sissy cant take a hit. They must have been making men out of eggshells when they made this loser. Hes not sure if they will ask him to come back? Yes they will. As the ambulance driver,maybe.
Dude, whens the last time you've even been off your couch?
Denver

AOL

#6 Jan 19, 2009
Kazabud1 wrote:
I don't think McGahee was injured more than Clark was on the play. Often these overpaid pros will lay there after a fumble to use the hit as an excuse why they fumbled ... try to draw a flag for personal foul or unnecessary roughness, or to garner sympathy. They hope their teammates will come back with avengence against the team who decked them and give their team more momentum (which the Ravens desperately needed at this point in the game) and I think they hope by making it look like they have a real serious injury, it will cause the other team to lose momentum because of feeling bad about the hit. This was a big hit, but not as serious as he made it out to be. Stunned, maybe. Serious injury? No. I was skeptical of it when it happened. Now I am even more skeptical. One doesn't get carted off on a stretcher (I could tell he was forcing his eyes to stay closed) one day and then 12 hours later no neck brace ... no pain. It just doesn't add up. I am glad he is okay. Hope he works on his apparent need to fake excuses and or his attempts to change the tone of a game by what I saw as faking.
RavensFan1321

Poolesville, MD

#7 Jan 20, 2009
Denver wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think McGahee was injured more than Clark was on the play. Often these overpaid pros will lay there after a fumble to use the hit as an excuse why they fumbled ... try to draw a flag for personal foul or unnecessary roughness, or to garner sympathy. They hope their teammates will come back with avengence against the team who decked them and give their team more momentum (which the Ravens desperately needed at this point in the game) and I think they hope by making it look like they have a real serious injury, it will cause the other team to lose momentum because of feeling bad about the hit. This was a big hit, but not as serious as he made it out to be. Stunned, maybe. Serious injury? No. I was skeptical of it when it happened. Now I am even more skeptical. One doesn't get carted off on a stretcher (I could tell he was forcing his eyes to stay closed) one day and then 12 hours later no neck brace ... no pain. It just doesn't add up. I am glad he is okay. Hope he works on his apparent need to fake excuses and or his attempts to change the tone of a game by what I saw as faking.
Kinda like Rothlisberger?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willis McGahee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cleveland Browns' Joe Haden brings up a familia... (Dec '13) Jan '14 MedMan 2
Packers handle visiting Browns (Oct '13) Oct '13 GBPfan 4
Should Cleveland Browns Give Maurice Clarett a ... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Weed In 3
Oakland Bound? Willis McGahee Releases Free Age... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Corran Horn 6
Should Denver Broncos Pull Trigger on Marcus La... (Mar '13) Apr '13 Austin Krone 3
What Does Steven Jackson Voiding His Contract M... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Luke bronco beast 1
Five hottest wives, girlfriends and exes of (an... (Feb '13) Feb '13 dumbass 3
More from around the web