Steelers won't sit, take it

Steelers won't sit, take it

There are 7 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Sep 21, 2008, titled Steelers won't sit, take it. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Unbeaten through two weeks, the Pittsburgh Steelers are upset at the number of hits quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is taking after the whistle.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Tom

Rehoboth Beach, DE

#1 Sep 21, 2008
You think the sqeelers are whinning now, wait till the Ravens D gets a hold of Big Ben. They're going to put some hot sauce on him.

GO RAVENS!
gwb

Glen Burnie, MD

#2 Sep 21, 2008
The steelers management will ruin big ben the same way they did in cowhers last year.Give him time to heal. The contract he signed last year is the reason for the hits.Every defensive player wants to be the one to take him out of the game. Bigben now has a bulls eye on his back.
Bob

AOL

#3 Sep 21, 2008
I said in before, that the "perfect storm" is that the Eagles get to Big Ben and make his current injury (shoulder) even worse, as well as play hard against the rest of the team (like they did against Dallas). Then comes the Ravens, and we could easily have that "extra edge" over them due to their bruises (if the Ravens are not as banged up this Sunday as well). And who knows, just imagine if Big Ben is driven out of the game for a week or two, and the Ravens face Leftwich. Now wouldn't that be just fun, and an even better change to win next week at Heinz Field?! ;)

Go Eagles!
Bobby

United States

#4 Sep 21, 2008
Big Ben has made his living by standing in the pocket, dodging tacklers, and throwing passes with big linemen hanging onto his legs and trying to bring him down.

After a few years of this and after a motorcycle accident he is getting hit a little more than he used to be hit.

It does not help that the Jets now have one of Big Ben's best blockers.

Let the Steelers go back to doing what they used to do best --- run the ball.

Hey Steelers -- quit whining. There is no crying in football.
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#5 Sep 21, 2008
Bobby wrote:
Big Ben has made his living by standing in the pocket, dodging tacklers, and throwing passes with big linemen hanging onto his legs and trying to bring him down.
After a few years of this and after a motorcycle accident he is getting hit a little more than he used to be hit.
It does not help that the Jets now have one of Big Ben's best blockers.
Let the Steelers go back to doing what they used to do best --- run the ball.
Hey Steelers -- quit whining. There is no crying in football.
I didn't see any whining at all in the article, just a promise to nail anyone who goes for a late hit. This line is actually gelling and ought to be pretty good pass-protecting line soon. They're already a BETTER run-blocking line than they were last season.
Tom

Rehoboth Beach, DE

#6 Sep 21, 2008
Rex J Steelman wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see any whining at all in the article, just a promise to nail anyone who goes for a late hit. This line is actually gelling and ought to be pretty good pass-protecting line soon. They're already a BETTER run-blocking line than they were last season.
Bring your dumb a$$ to M&T Bank and Talk S
H I T
There will not be you or Big BEN in person.

“Obama lied and freedom died!”

Since: Sep 07

Warren, Ohio

#7 Sep 21, 2008
Tom wrote:
<quoted text>
Bring your dumb a$$ to M&T Bank and Talk S
H I T
There will not be you or Big BEN in person.
You're a real bad azz calling people out online.
Go home and talk sh*t to your mama, fool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willie Colon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jets' Mornhinweg: QB competition isn't '50-50' (May '14) May '14 Saluki Rod 4
News Austin Howard to Sign with the Oakland Raiders (Mar '14) Mar '14 Captain Canada 6
News New York Jets' Willie Colon Hates the New Engla... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Statfats 8
News New England escapes by Jets with 13-10 victory (Sep '13) Sep '13 Laughing Bear Fan 22
News New York Jets - An In-Depth Look at Willie Colon (Apr '13) Apr '13 George W Bush 4
News Is Kelvin Beachum Ready to Start for the Pittsb... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Ktownitalian 1
News Why Has Pittsburgh Steelers Guard Willie Colon ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Mike 1
More from around the web