NFL players eye financial reality of ...

NFL players eye financial reality of lockout (10 a.m.)

There are 5 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Mar 21, 2011, titled NFL players eye financial reality of lockout (10 a.m.). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

Don't buy that car. Shorten that vacation. Eat at home. Whatever they do, NFL players have been warned for years about the need to save and the importance of budgeting their money in case of a work stoppage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

crazy

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Mar 21, 2011
Boo Hoo!! I just can't feel sorry for guys being paid millions of dollars to run around with a football. If you can't make it last that's just tough.
Just More

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Mar 21, 2011
crazy wrote:
Boo Hoo!! I just can't feel sorry for guys being paid millions of dollars to run around with a football. If you can't make it last that's just tough.
under paid union people.

Since: Sep 08

Albuquerque, NM

#3 Mar 21, 2011
Billionaires sucking off th3e public teat and blaming the working guys.
Just sayin

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Mar 21, 2011
They will have to cut back on gambling, crack and prostitutes.
Morte

Las Cruces, NM

#6 Mar 21, 2011
crazy wrote:
My experience is this: the more you make, the more you spend. It doesn't matter if you mow lawns, clerk at Walmart, or are a senior partner at top law firm. Everyone has to learn the lesson of responsible money management or deal with the consequences.

Most of the players in the NFL never had money until the day they were drafted and never had any real experience handling it. That's why the NFL has gone to great lengths in trying to educate players about responsible spending and saving.

I don't begrudge anyone who can legally make a good living. I understand that most pro athletes have short careers where they make a great wage for a few years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willie Colon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ryan Fitzpatrick can't be persuaded to shave hi... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 8
News Jets' Mornhinweg: QB competition isn't '50-50' (May '14) May '14 Saluki Rod 4
News Austin Howard to Sign with the Oakland Raiders (Mar '14) Mar '14 Captain Canada 6
News New York Jets' Willie Colon Hates the New Engla... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Statfats 8
News New England escapes by Jets with 13-10 victory (Sep '13) Sep '13 Laughing Bear Fan 22
News New York Jets - An In-Depth Look at Willie Colon (Apr '13) Apr '13 George W Bush 4
News Is Kelvin Beachum Ready to Start for the Pittsb... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Ktownitalian 1
More from around the web