Quarterback talk

Quarterback talk

There are 18 comments on the North Hills News Record story from Aug 3, 2009, titled Quarterback talk. In it, North Hills News Record reports that:

Two quarterbacks were among the topics that just about every arriving Steeler was asked about Friday at St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Hills News Record.

Sandy

United States

#1 Aug 3, 2009
If you feel forgiving, you haven’t read the federal indictment which was about to become even worse when he accepted the plea deal. Mr. Vick would rather have his image appear as though he made a few “mistakes”, than what would have come out while testifying about the brutal execution and torture of the dogs that had the unfortunate fate of belonging to Vick and his friends. Isn’t this like saying that pro-wrestler Chris Benoit was a good man until he made a couple mistakes?
http://www.petitiononline.com/ridofvic/petiti...

“"Speak up or be overlooked"”

Since: Jul 08

Bartlesville, OK

#3 Aug 4, 2009
Sandy wrote:
If you feel forgiving, you haven’t read the federal indictment which was about to become even worse when he accepted the plea deal. Mr. Vick would rather have his image appear as though he made a few “mistakes”, than what would have come out while testifying about the brutal execution and torture of the dogs that had the unfortunate fate of belonging to Vick and his friends. Isn’t this like saying that pro-wrestler Chris Benoit was a good man until he made a couple mistakes?
http://www.petitiononline.com/ridofvic/petiti...
I read it......and? past is past let it go crazy people, let it go
Raven

Atlanta, GA

#4 Aug 4, 2009
He deserves a second chance yes, not a second free ride. Getting that second chance is definitely not a right.

The NFL is a corporate enterprise established to make a profit and it is true that it is pretty screwed up and getting more and more screwed up all the time.
Raven

United States

#5 Aug 4, 2009
Raven wrote:
He deserves a second chance yes, not a second free ride. Getting that second chance is definitely not a right.
The NFL is a corporate enterprise established to make a profit and it is true that it is pretty screwed up and getting more and more screwed up all the time.
ditto
Pissed

United States

#6 Aug 4, 2009
It makes me sick to my stomach that people actually still like Vick!! What happened to the NFL?? So much for role models for my children. So what if he has talent doesn’t mean he is smart. He is the dumbest person I know. He took something so wonderful (pit bulls) and used them for something so wrong. He should not be allowed to play, that is what most of us want. I know he will play and people will support him and watch football. This is not fair, but hopefully what comes around goes around!! Hopefully one day when he is playing he gets hurt and can never play, never move again. I can’t even begin to say how I feel. All I know is I pray that those dogs are in a better place now- somewhere Vick will never see! As for the dogs that were rescued I hope they get the life they deserve. Dogs were put on earth for companionship-man’s best friend. Vick does not deserve a second chance at anything he messed up no punishment could fix what he did!

Bartlesville, OK

#7 Aug 4, 2009
Pissed wrote:
It makes me sick to my stomach that people actually still like Vick!! What happened to the NFL?? So much for role models for my children. So what if he has talent doesn’t mean he is smart. He is the dumbest person I know. He took something so wonderful (pit bulls) and used them for something so wrong. He should not be allowed to play, that is what most of us want. I know he will play and people will support him and watch football. This is not fair, but hopefully what comes around goes around!! Hopefully one day when he is playing he gets hurt and can never play, never move again. I can’t even begin to say how I feel. All I know is I pray that those dogs are in a better place now- somewhere Vick will never see! As for the dogs that were rescued I hope they get the life they deserve. Dogs were put on earth for companionship-man’s best friend. Vick does not deserve a second chance at anything he messed up no punishment could fix what he did!
It makes me sick that so many people HATE MV for what he did to the dogs even after being stripped of everything. Furthermore, people like you crack me up with your "somewhere Vick will never see" bull crap! He didn't give a crap about them then what makes you think he is going to go looking for the dogs now? What are you an idiot? I'm sure he would be happy to never see another dog... ever and if so he would probably blaze for a 50yrd dash to get the hell away from them for fear of some PETA moron hiding in the bushes with an "I TOLD YOU SO" sign and the local newspaper on speed dial. lmao
Fl Dog_lover

United States

#8 Aug 4, 2009
If there's one thing I'm grateful for in this case it's the safety of those dogs. Dogfighters are very into control which leads as to why they love the blood and gore. If he sees one fight he is back full force. Hes already going to strip clubs. The kind of "boys" he associates with like DOGFIGHTING. PERIOD He is already in his old neighborhood. There's no piss test for dogfighting btw. I do think he is too cocky than to believe he would get caught again

Bartlesville, OK

#9 Aug 5, 2009
Fl Dog_lover wrote:
If there's one thing I'm grateful for in this case it's the safety of those dogs. Dogfighters are very into control which leads as to why they love the blood and gore. If he sees one fight he is back full force. Hes already going to strip clubs. The kind of "boys" he associates with like DOGFIGHTING. PERIOD He is already in his old neighborhood. There's no piss test for dogfighting btw. I do think he is too cocky than to believe he would get caught again
try doing some follow up instead of taking what you read at face value. The strip club thing....BS both his and Iversons people were like, what? Totally False! He'll NEVER be involved in any animal abuse activities again, mark it down!
Maria

United States

#10 Aug 5, 2009
hes a killer hes apeice of garbage
Bob Roberts

East Butler, PA

#11 Aug 5, 2009
Fl Dog_lover wrote:
ummmm... I go to strip clubs and I don't watch dog fights....I would even say with confidence that 99% of the patrons of strip clubs don't watch dog fights...
Raven

United States

#12 Aug 5, 2009
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
ummmm... I go to strip clubs and I don't watch dog fights....I would even say with confidence that 99% of the patrons of strip clubs don't watch dog fights...
He didn't say all people that go to strip clubs watch dogfights. He said the people Vick knows in Newport News go to strip clubs AND watch dogfights.
Bob Roberts

East Butler, PA

#13 Aug 5, 2009
Raven wrote:
<quoted text>He didn't say all people that go to strip clubs watch dogfights. He said the people Vick knows in Newport News go to strip clubs AND watch dogfights.
well they most likely watch TV too, why not bring that up?
"Vick was seen watch TV! he's on a downward spiral!" lol.

the implication is that strip clubs and dogfighting events mirror one another and it's just not true.
Scott

United States

#14 Aug 5, 2009
Put him on ignore.
Other significant sponsors of the NFL include:

Coors
Miller Distributing
Subway Restaurants
Quiznos
Pepsi
Coke
Doritos
Sierra Mist
Go-daddy.com

There are many others.

My Peyton Manning drinking cup went into the trash after he said “I wish him the best” during last night’s preseason game, when asked about the Vick situation. That was it. We are done watching the NFL and more importantly supporting the NFL through these sponsors until they throw Vick to the curb.

Bartlesville, OK

#15 Aug 5, 2009
Scott wrote:
Put him on ignore.
Other significant sponsors of the NFL include:
Coors
Miller Distributing
Subway Restaurants
Quiznos
Pepsi
Coke
Doritos
Sierra Mist
Go-daddy.com
There are many others.
My Peyton Manning drinking cup went into the trash after he said “I wish him the best” during last night’s preseason game, when asked about the Vick situation. That was it. We are done watching the NFL and more importantly supporting the NFL through these sponsors until they throw Vick to the curb.
Do you think they care? you already spent money on a peyton manning cup and then threw it away lol, now you'll have to buy another one! lmao your not done, you are all talk!.....and they know it!
Gene

United States

#17 Aug 5, 2009
It's not talk. this is real business
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#18 Aug 5, 2009
I agree that throwing away a cup isn't going to affect the NFL very much, but I do think that this thread proves that people are going to make things hard on Vick (and by extension, the league) wherever he goes. Most teams are looking at the potential distractions he's going to cause, and taking a pass.
Bobo

United States

#19 Aug 5, 2009
Rex J Steelman wrote:
I agree that throwing away a cup isn't going to affect the NFL very much, but I do think that this thread proves that people are going to make things hard on Vick (and by extension, the league) wherever he goes. Most teams are looking at the potential distractions he's going to cause, and taking a pass.
Go to the Sack Vick site. we're going to make it as hard as we possibly can
Fl Dog_lover

United States

#20 Aug 5, 2009
Pissed wrote:
Thank God they are in a better place. Those dogs anyway DMX got more dogs to abuse TWICE! These guys are too hungry for the blood. Once they get high they seem to think dogfighting comes with that. Don't ask me why

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Willie Colon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ryan Fitzpatrick can't be persuaded to shave hi... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 8
News Jets' Mornhinweg: QB competition isn't '50-50' (May '14) May '14 Saluki Rod 4
News Austin Howard to Sign with the Oakland Raiders (Mar '14) Mar '14 Captain Canada 6
News New York Jets' Willie Colon Hates the New Engla... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Statfats 8
News New England escapes by Jets with 13-10 victory (Sep '13) Sep '13 Laughing Bear Fan 22
News New York Jets - An In-Depth Look at Willie Colon (Apr '13) Apr '13 George W Bush 4
News Is Kelvin Beachum Ready to Start for the Pittsb... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Ktownitalian 1
More from around the web